The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bambi_eyes
I'm almost definitely doing:

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature
:bhangra:

I'm doing the exact same :biggrin:

Scared about Chemistry because according to TSR OCR B Salters is evil :frown:
Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr Young
Doing exactly the same as you except swap Biology for Chemistry!

woo! Good choice then ahha :wink:
Reply 143

Original post by GMD
I dislike being grouped with people who imo are average. If I apply to cambridge, and they have some folks flicking through applications with boredom: "4 a levels, 4 a levels, 4 a levels...yawn...oh a 5 a level guy...4 a levels...4 a levels...OH SNAP 6? With 2 already completed? with A* in both? gogogogo get this guy

I thought you already had an unconditional offer from ICL. :rofl: Isn't that what you made up in another thread? :rolleyes:
Reply 144
Maths + Further Maths, Chemistry, Economics, Spanish and Philosophy :P
Reply 145
nuked
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by GMD
I dislike being grouped with people who imo are average. If I apply to cambridge, and they have some folks flicking through applications with boredom: "4 a levels, 4 a levels, 4 a levels...yawn...oh a 5 a level guy...4 a levels...4 a levels...OH SNAP 6? With 2 already completed? with A* in both? gogogogo get this guy

You are stupid. Go check the admissions for Cambridge. Having so many A-Levels does not give you an advantage unless you have like 23 like that Pakistani guy. Cambridge also looks at UMS so if you have say 85% average in 6 and another person has 90+ % in 3-5 A-Levels then they will be picked over you. Take 5 max in my opinion.
Reply 147
Maths, music, chemistry, biology, philosophy
Want to become a psychiatrist, hopefully :colondollar:
maths + further, physics, chemistry, biology
ahh im either gonna die or quickly change one to philosophy or computing
Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry... There seem to be an aweful lot of people on here doing further maths... I had got the impression it was one of the more unpopular subjects
Reply 150
nuked
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 151
Maths, Physics, Biology and Geography :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by gravitationalpull

You are stupid. Go check the admissions for Cambridge. Having so many A-Levels does not give you an advantage unless you have like 23 like that Pakistani guy. Cambridge also looks at UMS so if you have say 85% average in 6 and another person has 90+ % in 3-5 A-Levels then they will be picked over you. Take 5 max in my opinion.

You're saying that to someone who supposedly got an unconditional offer to read Mathematics at Imperial College London at the age of fifteen. Just thought I'd say. :smile:
Original post by Riemann_1/n^s
Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry... There seem to be an aweful lot of people on here doing further maths... I had got the impression it was one of the more unpopular subjects

TSR generally has a smarter population than average. Well that's what the grades people are expecting show. Overall, not many people take it however the number of students are increasing. You are doing the same combination as me :smile: Hi-5!
Reply 154
nuked
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tissue_26
Maths, music, chemistry, biology, philosophy
Want to become a psychiatrist, hopefully :colondollar:

Have you considered psychology as a subject choice at A level?
Original post by und
You're saying that to someone who supposedly got an unconditional offer to read Mathematics at Imperial College London at the age of fifteen. Just thought I'd say. :smile:

Oh well, he didn't deserve to go if he thinks that more than 4 A-Levels will give him any sort of 'advantage'. I personally am doing 5 but not because I want Oxbridge to go 'OMG' that guy is awesome. I'm doing Maths, FMaths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics so I have an option to go into Finance or Physics. This guy just seems to be boasting. I advise him not to because a robot and study 6 A-Levels; it will leave you no time for work placements, extra curriculars and more that will help build your character. Oxbridge does not want working robots; we are working on artificial intelligence for a reason.
Reply 157
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics :smile:
But I'll probably cut down to 4 for A2 and do the EPQ as well :smile:

I'm doing Maths, FMaths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics

Same! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Spanish, Maths, English Literature and French.
Original post by GMD
Don't be jealous. Although I suppose haters gonna hate.

No one is jealous Mr. Arrogant. Why don't you provide us with some evidence? Scan the acceptance letter or something and post it here. Word of mouth doesn't help really.

Quick Reply

Latest