The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Original post by firewithfire
don't you dare forget that this is the same america who instigated terrorism on an industrial scale againt the soviet through mass funding and arming of the 'mujahadeen' who teh soviets werte fighting back then. The same usa plays the victim when the 'mujahadeen turned on them', america plots and plans disgusting terrorist acts against anyone who stands up to them, but plays the victim when they get fuked right over. like they say the chicken always comes home to roost, and boy did it roost on american soil in 2001.

Cba to address these idiotic points as they have nothing to do with really anything. Going to stop replying to you now.

Have a nice life
Original post by Aj12
Your a bit of a moron if you are trying to compare Iraq to Nazi Germany.

no i am stating two fundamental american lies of modern times you muppet

something which you are keen to quickly sweep under the carpet, bloody you are eager to lick american arse, is it tasty, you want some ketchup with it?
Reply 2302
no i am stating two fundamental american lies of modern times you muppet

something which you are keen to quickly sweep under the carpet, bloody you are eager to lick american arse, is it tasty, you want some ketchup with it?

:facepalm2:
Original post by Aj12
Cba to address these idiotic points as they have nothing to do with really anything. Going to stop replying to you now.

Have a nice life

truth hurts, american funded the destruction of the soviets, but it came back to haunt them and is still haunting them to this very day. they say when you are in a hole stop digging, american keeps on digging and digging.
morals, what morals. If a jew dies at the hands of hamas a palestinian must be killed to restore the universal balance, and when a palestinian dies at the hands of the IDF a jew must be killed to retore the universal balance, its the way of life, deal with it.

And thats exactly why this conflict is never going to end.
don't you dare forget that this is the same america who instigated terrorism on an industrial scale againt the soviet through mass funding and arming of the 'mujahadeen' who teh soviets werte fighting back then. The same usa plays the victim when the 'mujahadeen turned on them', america plots and plans disgusting terrorist acts against anyone who stands up to them, but plays the victim when they get fuked right over. like they say the chicken always comes home to roost, and boy did it roost on american soil in 2001.

The mujahideen have nothing to do with the current situation in Afghanistan if you are referring to that.
Original post by Scarface-Don
The mujahideen have nothing to do with the current situation in Afghanistan if you are referring to that.

oh yes it bloody has everything to do with it, because the taliban and al qaeda are two branches of the mujahadeen yes kid the same mujahadeen which america funded and armed to wage JIHAD against the soviets, yes the same mujahadeen which included the osama bin laden, but hey terrorism against the soiviets suited american interests so america remained quiet, bloody hypocrital bastards, but boy did the chicken come home to roost in style on september 11 2001
And thats exactly why this conflict is never going to end.

and?
Reply 2308
oh yes it bloody has everything to do with it, because the taliban and al qaeda are two branches of the mujahadeen yes kid the same mujahadeen which america funded and armed to wage JIHAD against the soviets, yes the same mujahadeen which included the osama bin laden, but hey terrorism against the soiviets suited american interests so america remained quiet, bloody hypocrital bastards, but boy did the chicken come home to roost in style on september 11 2001

The Afghan Mujahideen didn't launch terrorist attacks against the Soviets though :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2309
Original post by B-Man.
The Afghan Mujahideen didn't launch terrorist attacks against the Soviets though :confused:

No but then why would facts stop the posters ranting?

No the taliban and al qaeda are NOT two branches of the mujahideen. USA funded the mujahideen during the soviet era and after the soviets withdrew, America stopped funding them. After the soviets withdrew usa had lost interest in Afghanistan and dirty pakistan seized this opportunity to install their own government into Afghanistan: the Taliban. Those talibs are nothing more than children that lost their parents during the soviet invasion or whose famillies fled to Pakistan during the invasion, where they attended them madrassas and got brainwashed by them dirty pakis. Taliban=Pakistan. When initially the Taliban took control of Afghanistan 20 years ago. only 20% of talibs were Afgan. And how can you say that Al Qaeda branched from the Mujahideen? Can you name me one international incident in which an Afghan was involved? So are you saying that we Afghans are terrorists. It was those Arabs that formed Al Qaeda because they were unhappy with America having bases in the Arabian country. Now they know that no way America is going to remove its bases from places like Saudi Arabia because their government backs it, so they try to scar America whilst they are in Afghanistan, and Afghan civilians are caught in between.
No the taliban and al qaeda are NOT two branches of the mujahideen. USA funded the mujahideen during the soviet era and after the soviets withdrew, America stopped funding them. After the soviets withdrew usa had lost interest in Afghanistan and dirty pakistan seized this opportunity to install their own government into Afghanistan: the Taliban. Those talibs are nothing more than children that lost their parents during the soviet invasion or whose famillies fled to Pakistan during the invasion, where they attended them madrassas and got brainwashed by them dirty pakis. Taliban=Pakistan. When initially the Taliban took control of Afghanistan 20 years ago. only 20% of talibs were Afgan. And how can you say that Al Qaeda branched from the Mujahideen? Can you name me one international incident in which an Afghan was involved? So are you saying that we Afghans are terrorists. It was those Arabs that formed Al Qaeda because they were unhappy with America having bases in the Arabian country. Now they know that no way America is going to remove its bases from places like Saudi Arabia because their government backs it, so they try to scar America whilst they are in Afghanistan, and Afghan civilians are caught in between.

Fairly good summary, I would just add that the U.S. did withdraw its bases from Saudi Arabia in 2003.
Original post by Suetonius
Fairly good summary, I would just add that the U.S. did withdraw its bases from Saudi Arabia in 2003.

Lol yh forgot that :smile: but the US still has a strong influence over their government, and its not just Saudi Arabia, there are bases in many Arabian countries.
Reply 2313
Original post by thisisnew
"Look at the starvation, the squalor, the humanitarian crisis that is Gaza!"

I was reading Noam Chomsky last night (incidentally the most rational guy on the pro-Palestinian side), and he made a point which felt relevant to what you say about Gaza, its shopping malls/nice restaurants, etc.

He said this in the 90's (in the context of bashing the PLO), and I'm not interested enough to research the current situation in detail, however, I still feel it raises some interesting issues:

...it's all being run by local agents [the PLO] of the imperial power [Israel], whose internal power depends on their support from the outside, but who very much enrich themselves by their client ruler status...they're making a ton of money. So you go to places like Gaza which are just collapsing, there are people starving in the streets - and there's also a ton of construction, new fancy restaurants, hotels, a lot of Palestinian investors going in and making plenty of money: it's the standard Third World pattern, that's the way the whole Third World is organised.

A point of my own is that you seem to have totally neglected consideration of why the Palestinians want to project such images (like that in the video). You seem to say 'Palestinians themselves say it's fine in Gaza, so it must be' - this judgement feels overly simplistic. Hamas wants to convince people it's a legitimate government (not a terrorist organisation), so of course it's going to release videos showing development and such; it wouldn't want to play down what is perceived as Israeli aggression. If it wasn't Hamas who released it, I doubt anyone could make such a professional video and release it like that without it going through Hamas beforehand. But for the sake of argument, if it is a random civilian who released the video, why would they? Showing the blockade isn't doing much harm to Gaza makes the blockade more likely to continue, which means Hamas support will continue - Hamas' support has increased since the blockade (as they're probably taking the aid, making the population suffer and blaming Israel's blockade (for their political goals as the resistance-to-Israel movement)). I assume said civilian wouldn't support continuing Hamas rule if they're making a video undermining Hamas' authority as resistance fighters to the evil Israelis (as said video shows the 'evil' Israelis' blockade is not all that bad). The possibilities are interesting to consider.

And sorry to quote you about this, but the issue arose :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by OllieS
I was reading Noam Chomsky last night (incidentally the most rational guy on the pro-Palestinian side), and he made a point which felt relevant to what you say about Gaza, its shopping malls/nice restaurants, etc.

He said this in the 90's (in the context of bashing the PLO), and I'm not interested enough to research the current situation in detail, however, I still feel it raises some interesting issues:

A point of my own is that you seem to have totally neglected consideration of why the Palestinians want to project such images (like that in the video). You seem to say 'Palestinians themselves say it's fine in Gaza, so it must be' - this judgement feels overly simplistic. Hamas wants to convince people it's a legitimate government (not a terrorist organisation), so of course it's going to release videos showing development and such; it wouldn't want to play down what is perceived as Israeli aggression. If it wasn't Hamas who released it, I doubt anyone could make such a professional video and release it like that without it going through Hamas beforehand. But for the sake of argument, if it is a random civilian who released the video, why would they? Showing the blockade isn't doing much harm to Gaza makes the blockade more likely to continue, which means Hamas support will continue - Hamas' support has increased since the blockade (as they're probably taking the aid, making the population suffer and blaming Israel's blockade (for their political goals as the resistance-to-Israel movement)). I assume said civilian wouldn't support continuing Hamas rule if they're making a video undermining Hamas' authority as resistance fighters to the evil Israelis (as said video shows the 'evil' Israelis' blockade is not all that bad). The possibilities are interesting to consider.

And sorry to quote you about this, but the issue arose :redface:

Chomsky is flat out wrong about people starving on the street. It was only a couple of months ago the Red Cross said there's no "humanitarian crisis" in Gaza and that if they want food, it's available. I've demonstrated in previous posts how not only does Gaza have some of the highest rates of obesity in the world but on the opposite end it has similar malnutrition rates to the UK. In addition to this child mortality rates and life expectancy are right up there with their Arab neighbors often beating Egypt.

There's another video about a in Gaza which is "professionally made" and doubtfully went through Hamas. I don't think Hamas rules Gaza like North Korea. The point of ironically posting pictures of these wonderful places opening in Gaza is to show how ridiculous the leftist narrative that Gaza is a humanitarian crisis or a concentration camp on the contrary, the Palestinians have shown us and continue to to show us that Gaza is actually a beautiful and relatively modern place with some really nice facilities. The thing is these people knowingly use terms that appeal to emotion and not reason or reality such as "apartheid", "concentration camp", "open air prison" and so on - I mean Gaza is set to complete its second mall with a 3D cinema, it has opened a stunning beach resort and a 5 star hotel chain. The pictures of the beach resort come from a Palestinian discussion forum much like this, not Hamas trying to paint any picture.

The real problem in Gaza is unemployment and "poverty" however this isn't reason to lamp them with the type of attention you'd expect Darfur to be getting at it's peak suffering because the Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities in the UK have fairly similar unemployment and poverty rates. I mean it's high don't get me wrong and and the blockade doesn't help but there is not a unique problem nor a crisis in Gaza, merely a more severe than normal disparity between rich (who have stopped importing luxury cars through tunnels due to the new 25% tax on them) and the poor.

The Palestinians that are going through a crisis are the ones who have been lumped in squalid refugee camps for years and years whilst UNRWA has absurd definitions of "refugee" whilst non on how to lose that status as if it's trying as hard as possible to maintain their refugee status. The UNRWA works to prolong their refugee status so it can remain in business, why else would they consider those who received Jordanian citizenship and those who actually live in the Palestinian territories to be refugees? They are also at the mercy of the Palestinian leadership who have refused and refused to compromise on the unconditional right of return (which will never happen and it shouldn't) causing a problem of 600,000 to swell into one of around 4 million. Even their Arab brethren are not willing to solve the problem, not because they risk losing the Palestinian identity (ridiculous btw) but because they simply don't like them. I mean Arabs (Jordan alone perhaps) have probably killed more Palestinians than Israeli's have and the mufti of Lebanon recently branded Palestinians as "trash" who are no longer welcome. Israel isn't going to solve the refugee problem and the sooner they realize that the better. Well I think they do realize that but yeah they're uncompromising on it. e: seems today Palestinians are protesting against UNRWA threatening to stop their summer games because they haven't rebuilt their homes after Cast Lead (evidently there's building material in Gaza).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2315
The state of palestine belongs to the muslim and that in torah it says that jews can NOT have establish country of their own and that they r exiled for their sins,and that they must live together amongst other nations,and like that untill their messiah emanual appears and untill they embrace him!...so point that God gave israel to jews is false,it doesnt say so not? even inside their TORAH,only christians say such nonsense,cas they believe that in order for Jesus to come back israel must exists..u should learn thing or 2 about zionism
Reply 2316
Who does Isreal belong to?
A third sustained intifada is now needed, the price of statehood is blood and palestinians need to pay that price once and for all.
Reply 2318
A third sustained intifada is now needed, the price of statehood is blood and palestinians need to pay that price once and for all.

I am sure you will be on the front line then?
Original post by Aj12
I am sure you will be on the front line then?

I am not a palestinian, so no. My point is you have to pay the price, and you have pay in blood. Whether you like that fact or whether reality makes you have a bitch fit is not of any importance.

Violence on a mass scale, on such a scale where occupation is no longer an option for the jews, if they need 'terrorists', then they must go out and get them, forget talking becuase talk is cheap. Like the say actions speak louder than words.

One mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. You will do well to remember that sunshine.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending