The Student Room Group

Who qualifies for free tuition fees in Scotland?

I am half Scottish (Mum is from Ayrshire) and have lived in England most of my life. I am currently living in England now too.

I suppose my real question is for how long would I have to live in Scotland before Uni to qualify for free tuition? I am seriously considering all of the options to avoid £9,000 a year?!

Would a year or so living up there with my Gran suffice? :s-smilie::confused:

I don't know - but you would think that because the rest of the UK help to pay for Scotlands free fees, that everyone born in the UK should be entitled.
I think you'll have to have lived in Scotland 3 years prior to the start of the course or "ordinarily resident" or something?
Reply 3
Original post by kpritchx
I am half Scottish (Mum is from Ayrshire) and have lived in England most of my life. I am currently living in England now too.

I suppose my real question is for how long would I have to live in Scotland before Uni to qualify for free tuition? I am seriously considering all of the options to avoid £9,000 a year?!

Would a year or so living up there with my Gran suffice? :s-smilie::confused:

I was wandering the same last year, I was considering moving south of the border to get the free fees, but I didn't have any relations close enough to ask to live with so it didn't happen.
Reply 4
Original post by linkdapink
I think you'll have to have lived in Scotland 3 years prior to the start of the course or "ordinarily resident" or something?

Daamn looks like i'll need to be moving pretty soon then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending