The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Spanish - 23rd June 2011

Who is taking this exam?

How are you revising for it?

Do you think it would be a safe bet to thoroughly revise only one sub-topic for the essay and hope that knowing it really well would mean you could answer whatever the essay was and therefore get away without knowing the other 3 sub-topics?

Are you learning stashes of facts about Spain?

How are you revising the reading?

I'm doing it on Thursday too.
Revising by learning verbs, vocab and by doing past papers.
I've picked two of the topics to learn for the essay and the necessary facts and figures. It's what I've been advised to do by my teacher. :smile:
Reply 2
Terrified, I've done this course ab initio, which means it's really hard to predict how I'll do.
Reply 3
Oh dear, I really have focused on the social sub-topic. I have lots of facts for it which I am in the process of learning, I don't have any for a second topic though. Argh. Hoping for unemployment like French was the other day. Are you learning vocabulary we've learnt going through the course all year or new random vocabulary you encounter in readings online? I find the online articles so much harder than the exam readings ever are.
Reply 4
Original post by PokeIzzy
Terrified, I've done this course ab initio, which means it's really hard to predict how I'll do.

Don't you have your %s for the AS paper and oral?
Reply 5
Original post by SpectacledBear
Don't you have your %s for the AS paper and oral?

Yes but I've taken the entire A2 course since January, and it's vocabulary that's really worrying me! You know how with French you've built up a pretty big vocabulary over time? With Spanish you don't have that because being ab initio you've had so many classes focused on the grammar.
Reply 6
Original post by PokeIzzy
Yes but I've taken the entire A2 course since January, and it's vocabulary that's really worrying me! You know how with French you've built up a pretty big vocabulary over time? With Spanish you don't have that because being ab initio you've had so many classes focused on the grammar.

You must be some kind of genius. Hmmm, I have a massive list of vocab here I don't know. I wouldn't worry about it, there are so many words you can never know them all. I'm just going to try and learn the ones that are similar to each other, like coal / carbon etc so I don't make any stupid mistakes but otherwise you can never know every word, better to just get the gist of the sentence I reckon....
is anyone else doing environment for the essay? i'm just looking at past questions and making notes atm, and learning stats for spain :smile:
Original post by ewipoiewfjfsklajls
I am! Well depending on the question haha, I hope it's nice. Could have done with last year's one on energy to be honest! And i'm doing about the same as you :smile: I just don't want to have to resort to doing the 'creative' title, I don't really fancy writing an article or a letter :s-smilie:

yeah last year's one was a good one :smile: what did you think of the environment question this year?? I thought it was ok until i heard everyone else talking about it...I don't think I wrote enough points specific to certain regions :s-smilie: did you do environment in the end?
Reply 9
Original post by SpectacledBear
You must be some kind of genius. Hmmm, I have a massive list of vocab here I don't know. I wouldn't worry about it, there are so many words you can never know them all. I'm just going to try and learn the ones that are similar to each other, like coal / carbon etc so I don't make any stupid mistakes but otherwise you can never know every word, better to just get the gist of the sentence I reckon....

Haha I wish, being a genius would have made my A Levels so much easier... it was just the only option we got at my school, learn Spanish from scratch in 6th form. Hope it went well for you :smile:
Original post by ewipoiewfjfsklajls
I didn't like the look of the first environment one so ended up doing the second one about wind farms, is that the one you did? Because if it was I didn't write anything about specific regions! I'm worried now haha :frown: What did you think of the paper? I thought it was alright but i'm not really sure how I did in it.. some of the reading exercises were quite hard I thought! :s-smilie:

sorry for the late reply i literally just saw this! D: i did the first one about whether or not spain should be considered as setting an example to other countries environmentally but it said to use at least one specific region to illustrate your answer and i literally just wrote 'navarra gets 70% of its energy from solar power'..everyone else in my class wrote sooo much more so i think my response mark is probably gonna be like 1/10 :/ anyway...i really didnt know what to think of the paper! i thought it was like you said - some of the reading exercises were kinda weird :frown: im just hoping it wasnt as bad as i thought it was! >.< either way we'll find out in a couple of weeks O.o
Reply 11
Sorry for reviving this thread, but does anyone have the essay questions for January 2012?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending