The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

i knitted a few times in school like a geek :ahee:
Original post by .snowflake.
LOvely. :P Love how you came in here and basically went 'I iz hobo. I smell.'

cos it's the truth. when your hair is greasy to **** and you need a shower but just prolonged the days. shall i add one more?:colone:
hehehehehe:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I just finished exams and for the past three days, I have been binge eating - but because of exams, I've lost weight so its "okay" but I'm eating like mad...I know where this is coming from because the guy I like isn't here...but I can't help eating and it's killing me...I'm eating everything in one go and having to purge...like I finished a whole cereal box in 2 days...help me...I think I just feel lonely and sigh...

youre not lonely hun
or alone
ive done the same
try 750g of crunchy nut boxes times two in a matter of 3 days:p:
we're here to support u xxxxxxxx
Lets start a knitting club :smile: My hot water bottle is not really going well. Its a mix match of stitches with lots of holes!!
I've had a horrid day. I broke up with my boyfriend, work was killer and I'm feeling such guilt over dinner. I feel disgusting, repulsive, about 20 tonnes and look like i've been living in a bin for the last week. And it's the 1st anniversary of my grandads death this week. Hibernation is such an appealing option right now... If only I could sleep for a night i'd be greatful. *sigh*
Moan over, how is everyone else? Anything good happen to anyone?
Original post by broken_rose
Lets start a knitting club :smile: My hot water bottle is not really going well. Its a mix match of stitches with lots of holes!!
I've had a horrid day. I broke up with my boyfriend, work was killer and I'm feeling such guilt over dinner. I feel disgusting, repulsive, about 20 tonnes and look like i've been living in a bin for the last week. And it's the 1st anniversary of my grandads death this week. Hibernation is such an appealing option right now... If only I could sleep for a night i'd be greatful. *sigh*
Moan over, how is everyone else? Anything good happen to anyone?

My crap knitting. I unravelled half of it because I was bored.

Spoiler

:hugs: Damn girl, you need some blooming sleep! That's a lot to deal with.
Nothing good has happened to me today, unfortunately. Nothing in comparison to what you're going through, just ED poop. Um, for good things... my sister passed her theory test?
mum gave me some vouchers for shopping ? :ahee:
dont show her how much i appreciate her tbh
my eating disorder started in my 2nd year of uni. I've finished now and it's even worse now I've come home. It ruined my uni experience. I was really unhappy and became socially withdrawn from my flatmates and friends. It really affected my studies because I was so obsessed with food and the gym. I really wish it hadn't happened.
Original post by diamonddust
:five:

:awesome:

I'm not great either. I only know one stitch and I can't cast on or off and my stitches are rather tight and wobbly but I do enjoy it!

You can knit hot water bottle covers? You're going to have to teach me! All I've done is a quarter of a scarf and I tried to cast off and it went wrong so now I'm thinking about unravelling it and starting again but I don't know how to cast on and I'm running out of yarn haha!

Think I might do some now because I'm feeling pretty down after the amount I've consumed today. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about ordering a decopatch kit. You get loads of special glossy paper and glue and a brush and you can cut it up and cover anything with it and so I'm thinking about getting a kit and making a pretty pen holder or something.

It's my latest knitting achievment! But they're not looking too great at the moment. It's looking rather hole-y at the moment. Maybe i'll be joining you in the unravelling!
Decopatch is good fun :smile: I like all the pretty papers. It's great at christmas to make different decorations :smile:
Original post by diamonddust
My crap knitting. I unravelled half of it because I was bored.

Spoiler

:hugs: Damn girl, you need some blooming sleep! That's a lot to deal with.
Nothing good has happened to me today, unfortunately. Nothing in comparison to what you're going through, just ED poop. Um, for good things... my sister passed her theory test?

I'm liking your knitting :smile: and the colour is lush. Definatly NOT crap!
I do need sleep, but it's midnight and i'm still buzzing. My mind is running a thousand miles an hour. I just want some sleeeeepppp. Maybe i'll do some yoga to calm myself.
Sorry you're going through the ED poop. Not nice. Hope tomorrow is a better day. And I hope you can find at least 1 good thing tomorrow :smile:
Original post by CrunchyMcFlurry
my eating disorder started in my 2nd year of uni. I've finished now and it's even worse now I've come home. It ruined my uni experience. I was really unhappy and became socially withdrawn from my flatmates and friends. It really affected my studies because I was so obsessed with food and the gym. I really wish it hadn't happened.

:frown:
sorry to hear that

what do you think brought it on? anything specific or just,..
Reply 950
Original post by CrunchyMcFlurry

I've come to learn that a vast majority of eating disorders that are goal-based stem from a feeling or desire to test one's self, like you're desperate to better you own self in terms of personal goals. Often, like myself, it's purely numerical. Seeing the arbitrary number go down on the scale became the sole drive in my disorder.

What is yours, my friend?
i suffered from bulimia 2 years ago, it was my "little secret" that no one, not even my best friends knew about.
i think i'm relapsing again.
i'm so scared :frown:
I think it was a number of things that started my ED. Being away from home, weight gain in general (something I wasn't used to), disastrous relationship in first year, being lonely, losing confidence which made me even more lonelier and withdrawn, being in a different city, being away from my best friends...University wasn't the best idea for me looking back now. I spent the last 2 years wondering to myself how different and how much better my life would have been if I stayed at home. I know the grass is always greener but I know it wouldn't have started had I stayed at home. I never had problems with food before and now it pretty much rules my life.
Reply 953
Original post by runningonair
i suffered from bulimia 2 years ago, it was my "little secret" that no one, not even my best friends knew about.
i think i'm relapsing again.
i'm so scared :frown:

I dont think you should go through it alone again.Is there anyone you trust that you could talk to?
Hi, just popping in, I feel like c**p but I'm plodding on as ever... Still not engaged in behaviours, been 25 days now, I'm proud of that but I still feel like s**t.

*tries to drum up positivity*
had half a portion pecan pie with creme fraiche at lunchtime, MASSIVE fear food, but it was REALLY delicious. Nicest thing I've had since I've been here.

had first full portion of a sponge pudding and icecream. huge guilt, feel c**p, but i did it.

and no hysterical FREAKING, just feeling c**p about it which is a hell of a lot easier to deal with.

and i was able to use patient support well, and staff support too
Whenever mum cooks a dish I can't resist i.e. an indian dish I just am faced with a massive dilemma as I can't eat it but cant resist so just end up b/purging or just not properly eating it messing with it tasting it etc. gosh i just wanna stick to the foods i know! but thats boring cant live off them forever:rolleyes: suppose.
Mood fluctuations are driving me INSANE. I was dancing around the room a few hours ago, and then I burst into tears before my dinner, my mum said something triggering (as usual), I cried and put my food down in the kitchen and then eventually went back to get it, cried all the way through and I just hate myself (even though I shouldn't). I've had such a challenging day in terms of food and I managed it but my ED is screaming at me and I'm so so tired. But must keep on. Must keep going.
Hope everyone else is ok?
:hugs: to Custard. :console: :smile:

Has anyone spoken to Squiff or heard from her? I'm a bit worried because she hasn't posted for a while. :frown:
:hugs:
I don't have any food problems now. Thankfully.But I had a brief brush with eating problems. I get teary when I think back.But reading these posts it made me want to sort of vent.

It started at the end of year9 a few on my friends were doing diets and messing up!

I had just got my results for the end of KS3 tests. They were very good! But I didn't feel anything.

So i joined in with the dieting, it sounded very fun. I loved mixing and matching foods and weighing the foods , it was all so wonderful.

I didn't really care so much about the weight. But it did go down and I did like that. I think I may have initially started it to lose some weight but the food arranging was awesome. It felt so wonderfully simple. And it would never end.

I did have problems, like aches and pains, and feeling my bones poking into me when I was laying down. And it hurt to sit too.And I was cold.

I rememeber the end of year trip. I walked around while my friends had lunch, it felt nice, at the end of the day I had a really bad headache and was very hungary but I couldnt ask anyone to make anything for me because I had to weigh it. And I was too tired for calculations.

My mum got worried, kept tellingmy dad but he said I was just being healthy ( my family is mainly obese/overweight) but I lost my periods and asian parents are obsessed with girls' fertility.

Around that time , I remember the first time i got scared. I saw in the bathroom mirror, I could see my ribs, it freaked me out , but I couldnt stop.

My dad eventually forced me to go to the doc, he got really mad at me and forced me to eat. I was heartbroken. I still haven't gotten over that I think. Eventhough it was probably for the best.

All that was within about 3 months. After that I started binging and i couldnt do anything else with food. I was so angry so sad.

In the years that followed It was just a mix of mainly binging and abit of dieting ,i was strictly monitered by my parents and it killed me when they told me what to do so I just decided to eat properly so I dont have to hear it.

Alot of depression that shakes me up when I get into talking about it , I wanted to disappear alot, and tried to make me disappear too.

I'm much better now. I never thought I'd be able to eat without thinking about the calories or my weight or just thinking at all! And its possible!!!!!!

I'm on a diet now, ironicly, need to take precautions.
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly

Thanks. :redface: Right back atcha. Hope you managed to eat something/keep it? :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest