The Student Room Group

Edexcel Drama and Theatre Unit 4

Scroll to see replies

Also for set you can talk about props too right? Seriously freaking out now
Original post by emcdonald10
Also for set you can talk about props too right? Seriously freaking out now

Don't worry. In fact, in Section B, if you talk about set and props along with other elements (AS LONG AS YOU LINK!) it's actually more commendable than just focusing on one aspect. This is because it shows you understand your concept better. However, you must conclude by saying that the area in the question is important.
Reply 262
Whhhhaaat. The notes taken in had to be 2 a4 are teacher said it could be any number of pages and just had to be 1000 words. Where did you find this out?:mad: really worried now.

edexcel specify it in the spec and you also should have had a cover sheet
Oh no we wernt told this. What do you think will be the consequences. My teacher is absolutely awful.
Reply 264
Oh no we wernt told this. What do you think will be the consequences. My teacher is absolutely awful.

As far as I'm aware, the notes stay in the center unless edexcel specifically asks for them
Reply 265
Hey, how did everyone find the exam last week? :smile:
Hi everyone - i've just joined today. My youngest daughter did her AS drama this year and got a C today in her results which she was disappointed in as she had thought she would get at least a B. I said that she would be able to improve next year in her A level but she said that she can't - that the C is the grade she will have. Is this right? Is there no cash-in for this mark? Also is it worth trying to get her work re-marked as I found it a bit strange how the marking was done, given that the examiner was judging a live performance by a group of performers at one time and not on individual performances.:confused:
Hi everyone - just joined today. I wondered if anyone could help me? My daughter just got her AS result for Drama and got a C - she was hoping for a B at least and she says there's no 'cash-in' for when she does her A level next year. Is this right?:confused:
Reply 268
Original post by Citygleek1
Hi everyone - i've just joined today. My youngest daughter did her AS drama this year and got a C today in her results which she was disappointed in as she had thought she would get at least a B. I said that she would be able to improve next year in her A level but she said that she can't - that the C is the grade she will have. Is this right? Is there no cash-in for this mark? Also is it worth trying to get her work re-marked as I found it a bit strange how the marking was done, given that the examiner was judging a live performance by a group of performers at one time and not on individual performances.:confused:

If it's with edexcel she would have been marked on both a group performance and a duo/monologue.
I got a C at AS and came out with a B at A2 so she can improve :smile:!
Original post by Citygleek1
Hi everyone - just joined today. I wondered if anyone could help me? My daughter just got her AS result for Drama and got a C - she was hoping for a B at least and she says there's no 'cash-in' for when she does her A level next year. Is this right?:confused:

Have to agree with the above here. I got a C at AS and was very disappointed. I actually got a remark done on my practical work, which went up 6 UMS. Also, (although it was extra work), I decided to resubmit my AS coursework in Year 13. I figured it would be worth it, even if it only went up slightly. I ended up 2 UMS marks off an A in my overall A Level, so I was very happy. She needs to put in the work, as it is a tough course, but it's not impossible :smile: good luck!
Reply 270
Original post by xoxjubixox
Have to agree with the above here. I got a C at AS and was very disappointed. I actually got a remark done on my practical work, which went up 6 UMS. Also, (although it was extra work), I decided to resubmit my AS coursework in Year 13. I figured it would be worth it, even if it only went up slightly. I ended up 2 UMS marks off an A in my overall A Level, so I was very happy. She needs to put in the work, as it is a tough course, but it's not impossible :smile: good luck!

:yes:

Also, how far away was she from a B do you know?
I was one mark off a B last year so it made it slightly easier for me to get a B this year. The written exam can be one of the easiest things that your daughter will do as long as she is prepared for it. Preparation is the key for year 13 and achieving the grade she wants :smile:
Reply 271
Did anyone else get a ridiculously high mark for this paper? I was convinced I'd failed, my response had no structure and didn't make much sense, even to me, but I got 110/120?? Not that I'm complaining! Lol
Reply 272
I've just started A2 Drama and Theatre studies and my group is nearly through devising our piece, just need to tidy up the scenes and we're done. In regards to the SWED, does anyone have any pointers on how to achieve TOP marks, ideally an A? The examiner who marked us for AS gave half the class Ds but Edexcel haave agreed to remark it all, so we all need really high marks in A2 to even scrape a B, sorry for the long essay! Any comments appreciated :smile:
Reply 273
Original post by CallMeLo
I've just started A2 Drama and Theatre studies and my group is nearly through devising our piece, just need to tidy up the scenes and we're done. In regards to the SWED, does anyone have any pointers on how to achieve TOP marks, ideally an A? The examiner who marked us for AS gave half the class Ds but Edexcel haave agreed to remark it all, so we all need really high marks in A2 to even scrape a B, sorry for the long essay! Any comments appreciated :smile:

I got an A in my SWED and the key thing we were taught was evaluation.
WHY DID YOU DO IT
WHAT EFFECT DID IT HAVE

Also, keep referring back to the super objective :smile:
Reply 274
Reply 275
Hi
I am really struggling with section A question on woyzeck. Can anyone help me out with some advice please?
Original post by Sandy93
Hi
I am really struggling with section A question on woyzeck. Can anyone help me out with some advice please?

Hello, welcome to TSR. There is a more current thread for this year's candidates in this forum where you might find more help :smile:
Original post by gemnomnom
Hello, welcome to TSR. There is a more current thread for this year's candidates in this forum where you might find more help :smile:

Hi there, I was wondering if you could please link me to the new forum for this year's candidates as I'm struggling to find it! Thank you so much!
Reply 278
Hey guys, I'm currently struggling with section B of the exam. I was wondering what are your directorial ideas for the overall concept of Woyzeck? i need inspiration! Also, what I need to include in my overall concept and how do i structure my essay? PLEASE HELP :smile: xxx
Maybe you could have blue on the fantasy bit and red on the character that is dreaming/looking at it and black our the rest of the characters in the scene?

I think it is also to do with costume as-well since if the costume is more "airy" it will also seem like a dream, white clothes.

Maybe you can flick the lights on and of (at the fantasy) at the beginning and end to show that its not really there, it could work and be effective if you use this technique consistently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending