The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheHaylio
For the sale on Saturday i have just been put down to work 11am-3pm as i walked past a sign advertising for just the one day.

I am 16. How much will i get paid ?? Also when will they pay me if i only work for them for a day?>

I have my induction tomorrow, any idea how long that will take?
Thanks!

For which store?
Original post by BloodyMary
For which store?

Guildford. I suppose if i pass my induction!
For the sale on Saturday i have just been put down to work 11am-3pm as i walked past a sign advertising for just the one day.

I am 16. How much will i get paid ?? Also when will they pay me if i only work for them for a day?>

Thanks!

I worked there 4 years ago when i was 17 and the rate was £4.80ph, might have gone up a little though.
Reply 103

Thanks!

I have no idea about your pay as your not 18 so they'll pay you less, I didnt know until Monday they had less than 3 week contracts so honestly couldn't tell you :/

Induction usually takes an hour, maybe 2, it's just watching videos and getting shown around the store tbh!
this is really random

but does anyone know if the staff are allowed to purchase from the sale

does it have to be on a specific day or .....
Reply 105
Anyone know how to get on the Next portal?
Its bugging me now and it wont let me on!! >:frown:
Original post by Shuvel
I have no idea about your pay as your not 18 so they'll pay you less, I didnt know until Monday they had less than 3 week contracts so honestly couldn't tell you :/

Induction usually takes an hour, maybe 2, it's just watching videos and getting shown around the store tbh!

Thannk you! Sounds okay!

What about WHEN i'll actually get paid? Any idea? With a big firm like Next i wouldn't imagie it would be cash in hand would it?
Thannk you! Sounds okay!

What about WHEN i'll actually get paid? Any idea? With a big firm like Next i wouldn't imagie it would be cash in hand would it?

no, it will probably be two weeks after the shift that you work, but you'll have to confirm this with the manager
Anyone told that there might be a chance for a permanent position if we perform well. tbh i dont know how we can perform well and stand out in one day. Any ideas?
Reply 109
I'm working the sale tomorrow and was told that you get paid the friday after the day you work, so next Friday. Good luck everyone, it's gonna be manic!!
Reply 110
8pm-12am setting up, I get home shattered just to have several dreams about Next. I'm dreading oing in today, mainly for the oversized tshirt with a heart on it! By the end of the weekend we hopefully will actually still be standing!
Reply 111
Original post by Doofy

same here, i tried to log in, didnt let me
did u do it at the end? thanks
Original post by sweetxxgal
this is really random

but does anyone know if the staff are allowed to purchase from the sale

does it have to be on a specific day or .....

I worked at Next a few years ago and covered the Boxing Day sale. At my store, on Christmas Eve, after everything was set up and prepared for the sale, so basically at the end of the shift (I worked til 7pm, I'm not entirely sure what happened for people who finished at like 1pm because most stock was still in the stock rooms etc.), we were allowed to go around the store and put aside anything we wanted to keep for ourselves which we were able to put in a named bag in the Stock Room to buy after the main rush of the Sale. You would be best to check with your Manager regarding the way it works in your store though, as I don't know if this is the same process everywhere.
Reply 113
I worked for the sale yesterday in a NEXT in liverpool....and i applied online to get the job.....but today I got a email from next saying I am not getting the job. What does that mean, I already did the job yesterday. Or do they mean they do not need me as permanent there..?
Reply 114
Did you perhaps apply to another one?
or maybe its about being kept on permanantely..
Reply 115
I applied to 6 positions at the store I work at now, day after my 1st shift I got 5 emails saying I hadn't had my application looked at, maybe it's for other positions?
Reply 116
Original post by BeccaCath94
I am just the same!!! I am also 16 and applied for like 10 posts at next then finally got an interview but i think i failed it!!!! Ive not heard anything back after like 3 weeks so.... :/

Same! :frown:
Original post by Doofy

Should be on one of your wage slips from months ago :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by Lottie-chan
Should be on one of your wage slips from months ago :smile:

Ahh okay thank you! My first payslip should be on 26th so hopefully get it sorted then :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by toniutzza
75? Really? I have an 8 hour contract in a store in Norwich and get only £56...:frown:

do you work in the stockroom?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending