The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Who cares if they quit, you get the win dont you? Also it depends on how you're playing the game, if your abusing certain tactics to win then it can be very frustrating and lead people to quit.
Original post by Hatchet
Who cares if they quit, you get the win dont you? Also it depends on how you're playing the game, if your abusing certain tactics to win then it can be very frustrating and lead people to quit.

Only on Fifa 11 though?
Original post by Dalimyr
Since I don't play FIFA online, I don't know the answer to this, but does EA keep a permanent record of a person's win/loss stats online?

All you can see is a 'did not finish' percentage by their gamertags in a lobby.
Reply 23
Original post by IcEmAn911
Only on Fifa 11 though?

Im petty sure this works for all fifa's on the next gen console otherwise it wouldnt make sense for a person to finish a game they were losing in. I've never understood why people get angry at others for quiting, if you're 4-0 up in a game its probably not a very good game anyway and Im not going to blame my opponent for quiting. I get the win and it saves me 5min of dominating a guy who can barely hold a controller.
I stopped playing the game because of all of the rage quitters.

It happens on all online games, though.
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
I play FIFA 10 on PS3 all the time, but it is really starting to frustrate me. If I go 2-0 up 3/4 times the opponent will pause the game at kick off then it says "connection with your oponent has been lost". I know this isn't a genuine connection problem because of how consistent it is with the whole going 2-0 up thing. Sometimes there are genuine connection problems, if there's lag all through the game, the opponent is winning well and suchlike.

It isn't that often I manage to win games, or go up so it is annoying that i can never finish a game as soon as I start winning. Why are people such sore losers that they can't finish a game when they are losing? Have they never seen football, and epic comebacks? I throw away leads all the time and it just frustrates me I can't finish a game.

I get bored of playing the CPU because you can predict what they are going to do all the time, and I don't have any friends who are into football AND like Fifa AND have a PS3, so I can't play them. I just want to play a full game of FIFA, whether I win or lose the match

PSN name is johngebreadman, for anyone who wants a few games sometime, don't have 11 though as I am way too cheap, and its's not long till 12 anyway

you get the match points
I'm not really bothered if they quit long as I get the win and the valuable points. The worst is the people that cheat. Mexicans, Columbia's, Spanish
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
It's punishment for playing Fifa, sorry fellas :frown:

Edit - N'awuh, one of you actually got angry? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
I was playing this guy the other day. Beat him like 2-0 twice with similar teams, and he never quit. Then I was QPR and he was Inter or Barca, and I was 3-0 up and in the last 2 mins I scored my fourth, then he finally quit- I guess it was just one too many passes to handy.
Original post by NathanW18
I stopped playing the game because of all of the rage quitters.

It happens on all online games, though.

True. Except I think the effects of opponents rage quitting in racing games, for example, are not in the same light as a one on one on FIFA. I've only noticed one rage quit on Split/Second and that was because s/he tried taking a short cut through a petrol station and s/he got blown up. The game notifies you of who wrecked who and the same person who got fried quit a second later. Was pretty funny for me even though I was about 20 seconds ahead. :biggrin:
It's when they do that pause and then freeze game :angry:

I don't see the point in quitting, many a time I've come back in the last few minutes of the game to win. Then they quit on me and accuse me of cheating :biggrin:
Reply 31
stop playing and get a life.
Reply 32
It isn't too bad on FIFA 11, on UT anyway. You keep your DNF and the match doesn't count towards stats or anything, contracts are a bit of a pain though, especially if you only play for like 10 mins. What gets me though is when your internet genuinely does lag out (Someone fancies watching iplayer whilst downloading a film for example) and your DNF gets ruined. I was up at 1.18, two consecutive games in a row (which I was winning or drawing) my internet lags out and suddenly I'm down at 0.5. Is it meant to be this strict? :frown: I now only get about 450 coins a match as my DNF is 0.72.
Original post by Tsukuyomi

I'm not really bothered if they quit long as I get the win and the valuable points. The worst is the people that cheat. Mexicans, Columbia's, Spanish

How do they cheat?
Original post by HRH2
That happens in FIFA 11 as well. EA should develop this thing where the player who quits gets banned for 7 days or so from playing online. Will stop idiots from quitting online.

This would be a problem or someone like me - I have a dodgy connection. One time I was losing, they scored again and my connection kicked. To all the world (obviously) it seems like a rage-quit but it's not. I give them a rematch if there's loads of time left or I admit they won. But if we did ur idea, would I not be banned as well.

Other than that, good idea

FIFA should have like 3* matches - where joining that category means both players have to be 3* or less. This would prevent the same person constantly playing as Barca, Real, United
Such an easy problem to fix, if a person quits it counts as a loss for them, they lose points. For the other person it counts as a win, they gain points. If a person quits more than 3 times within a certain time period (say 30 minutes) they get banned for 10 minutes. This has been a problem since Fifa first went online and requires only a patch, I'm actually shocked it's not been fixed. It's the main complaint about the online.
Reply 36
I can't comment specifically on FIFA as I don't play it online, but this happens on SARPBC all the time - it's basically a football game with cars that can fly on PSN for those that haven't heard of it. It's an incredible online game. ANYWAYS.

Yesterday was a very good example. I played these 2 guys in a few unranked matches. First one I joined and their team was 2-0 up, i scored 2 to level it, they won in Overtime. Next game I scored a hattrick and our team won 4-0, next game I scored another hattrick and our team won 5-1.

Their retort to my demolition of them?

'hogso such a **** player. shall we can go and play with some other people'

haha. so funny. It's a game I would recommend to any and all FIFA players. or Pro Evo for that matter. in fact, any football & gaming fans. It's free for PSN+ users at the mo
Original post by cocacola2

Original post by cocacola2
How do they cheat?

wow where do i start?. Ok first explain how some people can avioud a loss even after they quit. Then ill explain how some people get easy wins.

Firstly you can avoid a loss if you quit before 15mins into the game. Some people do this if theyve gone down early on in the game.

Secondly, some people can quit in the 90minute and avoid a loss. It has something to do with effectively cutting your connection and avoiding a loss. Some people say they disconnect their router.

Some people can somehow make te game freeze or randomly start lagging after a long thing. If this happens, nobody wins.

In rare occasions, some people can cut their connection when loosing and in doing so it also affects your connections and somehow, the person loosing gets awarded a win and you get a loss (This has happened to me before).

Now people have formed friendship online where they give each other free wins. So they create another account and give their friends wins.

Some people have found a way to change team stats before the game. For example i was playing somebody who used bolton and before the game i noticed that boltons overall stats have gone up to 5 stars,which obviously isnt correct. I still ignored this and played him and it felt like the whole team have 90+ player rating.

Others also somehow know how to alter teams transfers. Like somebody might be using a team like sunderland. But when the game starts youd see players like c ronaldo, messi, eto in sunderland jerserys. Basically an all star team, which sunderland doesnt have.

Obviosuly its not just mexicans, columbians and the spanish that do this. The germans, french, english and now even the asians do it aswell. But the first three are knwon to be the worst
(edited 12 years ago)

wow where do i start?. Ok first explain how some people can avioud a loss even after they quit. Then ill explain how some people get easy wins.

Firstly you can avoid a loss if you quit before 15mins into the game. Some people do this if theyve gone down early on in the game.

Secondly, some people can quit in the 90minute and avoid a loss. It has something to do with effectively cutting your connection and avoiding a loss. Some people say they disconnect their router.

Some people can somehow make te game freeze or randomly start lagging after a long thing. If this happens, nobody wins.

In rare occasions, some people can cut their connection when loosing and in doing so it also affects your connections and somehow, the person loosing gets awarded a win and you get a loss (This has happened to me before).

Now people have formed friendship online where they give each other free wins. So they create another account and give their friends wins.

Some people have found a way to change team stats before the game. For example i was playing somebody who used bolton and before the game i noticed that boltons overall stats have gone up to 5 stars,which obviously isnt correct. I still ignored this and played him and it felt like the whole team have 90+ player rating.

Others also somehow know how to alter teams transfers. Like somebody might be using a team like sunderland. But when the game starts youd see players like c ronaldo, messi, eto in sunderland jerserys. Basically an all star team, which sunderland doesnt have.

Obviosuly its not just mexicans, columbians and the spanish that do this. The germans, french, english and now even the asians do it aswell. But the first three are knwon to be the worst

:lol: ... seems pretty clever some of it. Though obviously unfair.

Some people take this gaming stuff too seriously - then agian I guess computer geeks or whatever are interested in finding ways round stuff and changing things.

Its a shame I can't get pirated games for PS3 the way it was for PS2. (4 top games for £10 with no effort of downloading or anything :biggrin:)
I get this, big time. I haven't played for a few months, but when I did, I only ever really played against Barcelona or Chelsea.

In the end, I stopped playing seriously and became a huge troll. That is much funnier and a better use of my time. It is also a better use of my subscription. Make the rage quitters rage, and make yourself smile.

Quick Reply

Latest