The Student Room Group

Really insecure about skin and I'm worried about relationships: girls opinions? POLL

Hello,

Please read :redface:

So, a classic case: TSR male, 16, never had a girlfriend. This doesn't bother me though, because there's no one I like at the moment, even though a lot of different people have told me I'm "handsome" and "you'd be a great boyfriend" (sorry, I'm really not trying to sound arrogant). Quite a few people have also told me I have a good physique and I have a schedule of calisthenic exercises which I do every day.

Here's the rub(s): on my chest, collarbones and back (between the shoulderblades), I have ~thumbnail sized patches of skin discolouration which I think may be tinea versicolour, which are quite noticeable in natural light but often are difficult to see in artificial light. Secondly, I have a wart on my elbow which I hide by wearing hoodies and t-shirts with rolled up, unbuttoned checked shirts over them. Finally, I have about three veruccae on my heel which, although they're a literal and metaphorical pain, I can hide them by wearing socks. I'm seeing a chiropodist and my doctor to help get rid of these disorders, but they just don't seem to be shifting in any hurry. These things just really depress me.

So I ask TSR's female population: would this put you off a boy who you like otherwise and does his best to be a good boyfriend? I just have this idea that if I ever started seeing a girl and she wanted it to "go somewhere", then she'd be put off me just by seeing these things.

Thank you for your honest opinions, TSR.
Reply 1
Sorry for the duplicate post, TSR told me the first one hadn't worked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending