The Student Room Group

Institute of Education?

Scroll to see replies

Bah ok now in the dilemma of OMG It costs a FORTUNE just to go to this Induction day! I kinda can't actually afford to go now O.o or I could, and just then not eat for 2 weeks O.o. Anyone else having a problem with getting there for a reasonable price and time?

I can bus it back for £15 so no problems there. But getting there for 9.30 opening/10 start...Well I can park and ride for about £60 total and risk sitting in luton traffic at 7am for 3 hours (done that before, painful), Save myself the hassle and get the train from Nottingham for £65 (but that's before the bus to and from the station), or tell them I'll miss that Poetry lecture, get a later train/megabus to get there for the work experience one, and my costs go down by like £30. (I haven't factored in the tube yet either). ^^ I think I picked the most awkward Uni to go to ^^

Housing wise, Jack and I realised Buddy Up's are the best way to go, though we were lucky to find a work-mate who's looking, but immediately we can get 2 bed houses/flats for 1k pcm which lowers out individual payments by almost £100 =D So I fully recommend that Buddy Button on spareroom.

I know I'm going to spend the year talking the two blokes out of getting a puppy now though >.>
I've only just seen your post! Did you make it down ok? Hope it didn't cost you a fortune! Cost me quite a bit, and I had to go down the night before and rely on the kindness of a London-based working friend to put me up in their box room!

What did you think of the talks? I found the poetry guy really nice and full on energy, but I was sitting near the front and worrying about looking like I was zoning out, which I seem to do quite a lot (oh dear)!

Still fretting about finding a place to live. Today I've begun emailing people about arranging room viewings. I'm hoping to fit in a couple at the weekend. Well done on the housing front, that's excellent! Yea I've looked at the Buddy Up thing... I dunno I'm uncertain. I mean it's a great idea but I think I might be safer nestling into a pre-established set up... anyway, I've had to up my budget (I think £450p.m. including bills is being a tad unrealistic for a double room with room for study desk and chair haha!)!
Hello.

I've just been offered a place on IOE's Primary PGCE waiting list. They said they cannot say how many places are on the waiting list, and what place I am on it. How likely do you think, at this late stage of the application process, it'll be that I'll get on the course for Sept '11? Is anyone else on the waiting list?

Thanks.
Reply 143
Steph,

Congrats on the place. Did you attend the opening day last week (Friday 15th)? If yes they stated they had a few places and a waiting list so I can't imagine it being MASSIVE! Can i ask how they informed you? By GTTR or by letter. I am still waiting to hear x
Reply 144
Hi Fiona and Steph,
Congrats on the place Steph - I reckon we have to stay optimistic! I had an interview last Friday too, for the MFL option and still haven't heard anything. I called admissions this morning and they were super vague - just told me to keep checking my e-mails and GTTR...Fingers crossed for us all!
Original post by sarahbec
Hi Fiona and Steph,
Congrats on the place Steph - I reckon we have to stay optimistic! I had an interview last Friday too, for the MFL option and still haven't heard anything. I called admissions this morning and they were super vague - just told me to keep checking my e-mails and GTTR...Fingers crossed for us all!

Really?! Well in the e-mail it says "please note the we are unable to confirm your place on the waiting list or how big the waiting list is." They really are being super-vague! I hope you both hear back today with good news :-)
Reply 146
Hey was wondering if anyone on here was starting an MA at the IOE in september??
:smile:
Original post by fiona1990
Steph,

Congrats on the place. Did you attend the opening day last week (Friday 15th)? If yes they stated they had a few places and a waiting list so I can't imagine it being MASSIVE! Can i ask how they informed you? By GTTR or by letter. I am still waiting to hear x

Have you heard anything yet Fiona?
I had a PGCE Modern Foreign Language interview at Institute of Education few days ago. They haven't offered me a place,,and actually I'm very please,,I personally didn't like the way the interview was done.. they weren't very nice..they just kept saying they were the best,,I'm just glad not to be part of the very best ****ty people I have ever met..
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi Lavidamaria,

I've also applied to IoE so interested to hear about your experience... what kind of things came up at interview? Were they really that bad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending