Scroll to see replies

Original post by mdajoka
Highlights Seattle Sounders Vs Manchester United

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwTIzPytYks&feature=player_detailpage

Cheers :cool:
What was Obertan like last pre-season?

I'm slowly getting a hard on for Carrick nowadays :biggrin:
Reply 1022
Carrick's great when we're controlling a game, just strolling around in front of the defence spraying passes around. Looks so effortless.

Needs to improve in the tight games now, so he can impose himself more when we need him to. That's the next step up as far as his game is concerned.
Reply 1023
Original post by itsmyname
What was Obertan like last pre-season?

I'm slowly getting a hard on for Carrick nowadays :biggrin:

Obertan was great last pre season, he played really well and I thought he was going to break through the first team squad. But I think he picked up a knock soon after and he wasn't the same when given chances

I still have faith in him though, he needs to improve his decision making and final ball but that comes with experience.
Original post by Louis.
Couldn't hack an all nighter for a friendly so didn't stay up for it (and thought it was tomorrow morning :colonhash:). Sounds like a decent run out, any standout performers? And how was Young?

Young was one of the standout performers, turned their full-backs inside and out and put in some very good deliveries - standard stuff you expect from him and he did it very well (albeit against ****e opposition, but I'm sure we've seen him do that stuff in the Premiership, too). Due to his delivery we're also starting to look a lot more threatening from corners, which is nice to see. Rooney looked really sharp when he came on, which is good to see as we have tough opening 10 or so fixtures. Nani and Obertan looked good, poor opposition but I guess what Obertan really needs is confidence. Anderson was good, misplaced a few passes with his adventurous passing, but his partner Giggs was poor last night I thought. I hope we never see them start games together as a midfield pair in a competitive game, they don't complement each other well.

The scoreline is a bit misleading as Seattle changed their team in the second half, they were a lot better in the first half with their first XI, we could have easily conceded a couple. But we also struggled to cope with the pace of the pitch early on...it's a really, really, really slow pitch.

*Some of this information may be shady as I was very sleepy :colondollar:
Original post by Tucking Fypo
That bloke with the eye patch. :rofl2:

A Tanzanian trialist called Mrisho Ngassa has just come on for Seattle. :nutcase: Apparently the club has links with Tanzers.

Game's been great so far, hope Seattle get a goal tbh.

:rofl2:

I never heard that, was he the guy at left-back?
Original post by xDave-
I think Rafael will too, but lots of people here seemed to think otherwise when it was brought up before. Fabio starting at RB over Rafael seemed to be what most expected.

They were never really in competition with each other. Rafael and OShea suffered a month long injury which meant Fabio was the only FB left, once Rafael returned from injury it was little too late so people cant say Fabio is ahead of him when hes a LB and not as experienced as Rafael
Beckham: There's only one team in Manchester. :adore:

As for the Fabio/Rafael 'conundrum', it's a good position to be in. Rafa has more experience but that doesn't make him any better than Fabio.
Original post by Kevmeister
Beckham: There's only one team in Manchester. :adore:

As soon as I read that, it was inevitable the response of the City fans was going to be: "YUR NOT IN MANCHESTER!"" etc.

But top lad, as always our Becks! Good to see he will play against us on the trip, albeit it not on the sort of publicity or attention he got when he played at OT with Milan.

Also, as Madrid are in the US aswell, bit shame that we couldn't play them mainly due to the Ronaldo factor although maybe both teams are hoping to use that angle for when the teams meet competitively in the CL hopefully.
When's the next match? I might force myself to stay awake and watch it
Original post by itsmyname
When's the next match? I might force myself to stay awake and watch it

Saturday, 23 July 2011

Chicago Fire v Man Utd 22:00

Park offered new contract
Nice to see Park getting a new deal. Hopefully he will still have a part to play next season, even if he isn't the standard pick for the big games.

Hope to see Rafael regain his spot at RB, he was looking really good there, kept some big names quiet, Bale, Ronaldinho, Ribery. If he cuts out the stupid yellows, then he'll give himself so much more leeway later on when he has to make so last ditch challenges. Makes it so much easier for a winger once he knows the guy he is backing into the box, has to get it 100% right. Evra by comparison got 1 yellow card all season in the league in 35 games, O'Shea also with 1.
Love the fact that Park has been given a new contract. :adore: :suith:

Original post by Mastermind`
:rofl2:

I never heard that, was he the guy at left-back?

Nah, he came on to play as a striker. Missed a sitter late in the game. :rofl2:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think Park will still be involved in most of the big games, esp away ones. Great to see yet another player offered new terms.
I did have a small fear that Park might leave as he is 30 and SAF - with his judgment on players hitting that age and their future ability - might be tempted to axe Park and get money from him.

A two year deal is perfect for Park, think it will be his last contract with us.
Original post by mdajoka
Saturday, 23 July 2011

Chicago Fire v Man Utd 22:00

Park offered new contract

Great news
Reply 1036
Park is a treasure at our club, easily one of the most loved players, he will retire here.
Three lung Park :biggrin:
Chicago Fire v Man Utd today 22:00
Hopefully see David in action. Do I call him David or Da gea?
Reply 1039
Call him Dave!

Latest