The Student Room Group

DANG!! Girls WITHOUT makeup!

Ok so basically I realised girls can be pretty unattractive when they're not wearing full makeup, and that the girls who seem to be applying excessive amounts often turn out to be the ugliest without as well (maybe it just seems that way because the transformation is so big).

It's kind of funny when I think about it, the girls who seem to make no effort and aren't considered especially attractive would probably be the hottest if they did put the effort in.

Anyway I'm just wondering girls, how often do u let urself be seen without any makeup whatsoever? Realising a girl doesn't look great with makeup would come as a real shock to me, so I'm guessing you either have never showed your boyfriend(s) your 'true' face or when you did it came as a bit of a shock to him (even though they probably didn't make a big deal out of it). It'd also be nice to know if you actually get self conscious about letting them see you in ur natural state for the first time.

thanks all

Scroll to see replies

i'm a real woman.
Reply 2
A girl will only deliberately let you see her without makeup once she's pregnant with your child and so you can't run away in terror.
Original post by hatersgunah8
Ok so basically I realised girls can be pretty unattractive when they're not wearing full makeup, and that the girls who seem to be applying excessive amounts often turn out to be the ugliest without as well (maybe it just seems that way because the transformation is so big).

It's kind of funny when I think about it, the girls who seem to make no effort and aren't considered especially attractive would probably be the hottest if they did put the effort in.

Anyway I'm just wondering girls, how often do u let urself be seen without any makeup whatsoever? Realising a girl doesn't look great with makeup would come as a real shock to me, so I'm guessing you either have never showed your boyfriend(s) your 'true' face or when you did it came as a bit of a shock to him (even though they probably didn't make a big deal out of it). It'd also be nice to know if you actually get self conscious about letting them see you in ur natural state for the first time.

thanks all

I actually agree with this.

And I kind of wish makeup didn't exist, because when I see girls without makeup (who I usually see with it on), I'm just like :lolwut:
Reply 4
Erm... I never wear make up
Guess I'm pretty ugly by the standards of this thread.
Also if I apply any mascara, it'll be smudged within minutes and I'm sure I look more horrifying then :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
I hardly wear makeup. Usually its only for something special, like a party or a big night out, never in my day to day life.

I consider myself to be average looking but I'm certainly not a dog for not wearing makeup.
Reply 6
I never wear make up. You get what you see so no surprises :wink:
Reply 7
I don't wear make-up every day, and when I do, I don't wear a lot of it.

My current boyfriend saw me without make-up the day we met, and he didn't run away screaming in horror :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Conan

Same here. Oh well. No surprises.
Reply 9
Original post by Naomiimoan
I never wear make up. You get what you see so no surprises :wink:

Pretty much my motto! When I can remember I might put on one coat of mascara or a little foundation (I mean really you cant see it, so I end up wondering why I bothered) but I'm usually wearing no make up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Only if I'm not leaving the house.
When I stay with my bf/he stays at mine, I leave it until the last possible moment before bed to take it off. I took it off at a friend's party once and everyone was like "Omg have you been crying? Are you ok? You look pale!" so I learned my lesson about not wearing it. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Conan
Also if I apply any mascara, it'll be smudged within minutes and I'm sure I look more horrifying then :tongue:

I hate make-up. I have never made an exception to my rule which states that make-up is a waste of time, no matter what the girl looks like without it.

In fact, as an illustration to my point, I have this crush on my vet as of late, and she's one of those all-natural women who wear fleeces and trousers and don't even consider applying any kind of make-up.. But, she's friendly, and that's all you ****ing need, to be honest. :cool:

EDIT: Negs? Really? Sorry for respecting girls for what they really are, instead of judging them by appearance.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I only wear a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes so not wearing any make-up wouldn't be much different. It's scary how ill and tired most girls look without make-up.
Don't do eyeshadow or mascara or lipstuff - foundation is all I'll wear.

Plus I don't really know how to apply that stuff anyway :tongue:
Reply 14
I feel sort of lucky because I don't feel a need to wear make-up all the time and I know other girls that are genuinely horrified at the thought of anyone seeing them without it on.

I do wear it, when I can be bothered. More so to hide a late night, to kill time or just for fun rather than because I'm self-concious without it.

I certainly don't consider guys when putting on make-up though, haha.
Reply 15
I hate girls who have this superior attitude because they don't wear any makeup, most seem to really brag about it as if they are morally better because they don't wear it.

I wear some makeup, I hardly coat myself in it. I wear miles less than I used to and my boyfriend has seen me lots without makeup, I don't really wear enough for it to make a huge difference but I wear it just to give me a little more confidence and even out my skin tone a bit.
Reply 16
Oh dear.
Girls normally look better without makeup imo..
Erm, I don't wear much makeup anyway so letting people see me with none is not a big deal at all, but I do usually wear some. If I was going out with someone and considered them my boyfriend/ girlfriend then no makeup would be fine, but for example the first few dates I would want to make an effort.
Reply 19
I don't look much different after applying makeup than I do without.
I only use it to even out my skin tone and make my eyes look a bit more awake.

Quick Reply