The Student Room Group

How do you dance at clubs/parties?

The reason I ask is because recently I went to a party and everyone seemed to just jump up and down to the music, whereas I was actually dancing.

I was really surprised at this haha. I got complimented for my dancing as well.

So just wondering how you dance?
:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
99% of people go to a club becoz everyone else is going and not to dance. Once at the club people will normally say "i love this song" and jump on the spot for 20-30 secs moving their head violently until they cease. No on really dances in britain unless its wit your girlfriend
Shake the ass and hips.
Migraine Skank...nuff said :cool:
Reply 4
Raise arm, jump up.
Reply 5
Original post by brobro
99% of people go to a club becoz everyone else is going and not to dance. Once at the club people will normally say "i love this song" and jump on the spot for 20-30 secs moving their head violently until they cease. No on really dances in britain unless its wit your girlfriend

That's lame.
I go to dance :biggrin: And socialize obviously. But mainly to dance.
Reply 6
Original post by brobro

Well that's not true is it. I've been in about 20 clubs and 90% of the people there were dancing, including me. Properly too, not this jumping up and down ****.
Reply 7
Reply 8
Original post by -Illmatic-
Migraine Skank...nuff said :cool:

Lol oh yah, that's the way to do it :tongue:
Migraine skank
Jungle skank
Tribal skank
Original post by brobro

I live in London, and there's loads of clubs, some clubs mostly black people go too and I can tell you now we do not jump and bop our heads. We dance/Whine/Dagger/Jerk/Dougie/ everything....

It's only white clubs that have the dudes bopping heads, and the white girls coming in those tight dresses in high heels that can't even dance....
I do a crab style dance, moving from side to side crouched whilst doing a pincer like action with my hands. There has to be quite a lot of room on the dancefloor though.
Reply 12
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
I live in London, and there's loads of clubs, some clubs mostly black people go too and I can tell you now we do not jump and bop our heads. We dance/Whine/Dagger/Jerk/Dougie/ everything....

It's only white clubs that have the dudes bopping heads, and the white girls coming in those tight dresses in high heels that can't even dance....

Yeah, I live in London, I think that's why I'm not into the whole jumping thing, it's kinda retarded.
Reply 13

lol that was great
Original post by SillyRodent
I do a crab style dance, moving from side to side crouched whilst doing a pincer like action with my hands. There has to be quite a lot of room on the dancefloor though.

This sounds fantastic. I like dancing but I suck. :biggrin:
Like a ****ty version of this guy (tall one).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUWAY8RNWGw&feature=player_detailpage#t=292s

****. Even I'm moist for him right now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
When I started going to sixth form parties everyone did the jumping up and down thing. Now everyone dances normally generally.
Reply 17
I fear going to a club and having a guy bend ne over and DAGGA DAGGA DAGGA, already I have to be vigilant in my sixth form. As fkr tje dancing question I'm a contemporary dancer, a commercial dancer and a belly dancer (tribal fusion for those in the know) I'm also black. As you can guess I dance properly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGMb5PakOQ Like this!

Loljk, it depends on the song though - Basshunter would require jumping, J Lo would require some aerobics and most songs the generic club side-to-side dance, with a few novelty moves thrown in.
Reply 19
Very badly.

Quick Reply

Latest