The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi, I am glad I found this forum! I plan to apply for International Relations and Film Studies (but I am not sure about the combination yet) in St Andrews. I might also apply for PPS in Cambridge :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
Original post by Frieda
Hi, I am glad I found this forum! I plan to apply for International Relations and Film Studies (but I am not sure about the combination yet) in St Andrews. I might also apply for PPS in Cambridge :smile:

Oooh are you German?
Reply 22
Original post by such_a_lady
Oooh are you German?

Yes, I am :smile:
Hey everyone :smile:
I'm thinking of applying for physics. I'm also thinking of applying for direct entry into the second year, anyone else doing this?
Oh I'm so glad this thread has already started. I can't wait to apply to St. Andrews. I'm applying for either International Relations and French or Psychology and French. Maybe both as I can't decide in which direction I want to go so applying for both would probably give me the opportunity to choose later in the year after I've thought about it and applied elsewhere too.
Reply 25
Original post by DisconcertingWink1
Plus, aesthetically, it looks like a fantastic place to study. God, I'm shallow.

Not particularly. Apart from reputation and teaching standards (which you've sort of hinted at), aesthetics/atmosphere are probably the things that made me apply. The feel compared to a concrete jungle like York or a typical redbrick can make all the difference imo.
Reply 26
hey!
i know it's quite early to make such a question, but assuming that i finish school in june 2012 and after that i want to send applications to Scottish unis, so as to start studing at one of them {that depends on whever i'll be accepted or not} in the same year [after the summer finishes- in the same year}
how yearly should i start the application process?
Reply 27
Original post by Suetonius
Not particularly. Apart from reputation and teaching standards (which you've sort of hinted at), aesthetics/atmosphere are probably the things that made me apply. The feel compared to a concrete jungle like York or a typical redbrick can make all the difference imo.

I REALLY want to go there now :tongue:
Original post by tntqaz
hey!
i know it's quite early to make such a question, but assuming that i finish school in june 2012 and after that i want to send applications to Scottish unis, so as to start studing at one of them {that depends on whever i'll be accepted or not} in the same year [after the summer finishes- in the same year}
how yearly should i start the application process?

Then you'd be going to uni in Sept 2012 which means you should be applying for university later this year (with an equal consideration deadline of January 15th 2012).
Reply 29
really?!?!?! but how can i apply without knowing my grades? do they give only conditional offers?
here in Greece our final grades, including those from panellinies {final exams} won't be ready until june 2012 at least!!!
how come the deadline is so early?
Original post by tntqaz
really?!?!?! but how can i apply without knowing my grades? do they give only conditional offers?
here in Greece our final grades, including those from panellinies {final exams} won't be ready until june 2012 at least!!!
how come the deadline is so early?

Yes they will give you a conditional offer. A Level students don't get their results till mid-August I think and then they start the next month (or 2 months).
The deadline of January 15th is for equal consideration, as unis will have LOADS of applications to go through, so it takes a lot of time. Then they need to give people time to sort out accommodation, finance, etcetc.
Reply 31
Original post by Frieda
Yes, I am :smile:

Make sure you visit the German forum as well, we have a nice bunch of people there :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=719291
At least one's applying for St A's as well (In case you whom I mean read this, now don't say you're not sure yet :tongue:). Where else are you applying?
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm planning to apply for Economics and Modern History eventually, hopefully, as a joint honours.

Although I'm going at the end of 5th year hopefully if it all works out, because I'm older than people in my year group it will work very well, so should be interesting :smile:
Original post by S119234
Although I'm going at the end of 5th year hopefully if it all works out, because I'm older than people in my year group it will work very well, so should be interesting :smile:

Ooh, how come? What age will you be when you finish 5th year?
Reply 34
Original post by S119234
I'm planning to apply for Economics and Modern History eventually, hopefully, as a joint honours.

Yayyy for Modern History (boo for economics :P). If you have any questions about the modern history course, don't be afraid to ask me. I'm about to start my second year. It's a really good course. Direct the economics questions towards Ecosse_14.

Original post by Ecosse_14
x

Do you realise that these people could be our future academic children? that's so exciting.
Original post by Oh-WOW
Do you realise that these people could be our future academic children? that's so exciting.

Oh, so it is. That's very exciting :biggrin:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Ooh, how come? What age will you be when you finish 5th year?

I'll be 17 by the time I finish 5th year, but will be 18 by the time I start uni. Birthday is during the summer holidays :smile:
Reply 37
Hi everyone :smile:)
I am one of all who will apply to St. Andrews :smile:
I really wish to study there :smile:
I will apply for Geography & Social Anthropology :smile:) :colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by Oh-WOW
Yayyy for Modern History (boo for economics :P). If you have any questions about the modern history course, don't be afraid to ask me. I'm about to start my second year. It's a really good course. Direct the economics questions towards Ecosse_14.

Ahh, thank you. I may well be directing some questions your way :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by such_a_lady
Oooh are you German?

St Andrews has an amazing German society. And I don't just say that cos I'm on its committee... :wink:

Quick Reply