The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Members' Questionnaire Mk. II

I got bored and wanted to redo the questionnaire, so it's now slightly less intrusive and doesn't assume a gender binary, among other things. Copy it into a post and answer as much or as little as you want. :woo:

TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name?
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
5. What's your sexual orientation?
6. How long have you known your orientation?
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?
10. Do you know many LGBT people?
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?
15. What do you look for in a partner?
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?
19. Name some fit famous people.
20. Show us your picture?

You should also check out the LGBT Chat Thread (not linked since we seem to get through a new thread every few months) where we chat about pretty much anything constantly.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
May aswell do this then :tongue:

TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name? Neil
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Nothing in particular, think I might have first came to ask some advice but now it's just a place to chat to people :h:
3. How old are you? 19
4. What's your gender? Male
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay
6. How long have you known your orientation? Since I was about 14, so ~5 years
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Not really.... About the only "gay" thing about me is that I like Glee....
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not really actually. Had one guy at college who was a **** about it (I wasn't even out then) but everyone told him where to shove it.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Been "out" for about 18 months now.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A few, but not that many.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I was in the LGBT society at Lancaster before I left uni - it wasn't good. Smutty and basically just a place where people go to shag each other.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Never
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yes, mainly gay marriage and gays being able to donate blood.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yup :h: For 13 months now. Love him lots! :h:
15. What do you look for in a partner? Witty, clever, chatty, similar interests, caring, if you can code/are a programmer or can speak a foreign language you've got me already :sogood:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yeah, and good :tongue:
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Never
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Not really. I will at uni probably. Manchester has canal street which is apparently fantastic.
19. Name some fit famous people. Tom Daley, Cesc Fabregas, Vincent Kompany, Matthew Werkmeister, Paul Di Resta, Sebastian Vettel..... I could go on :tongue:
20. Show us your picture? Nah. There's one in my profile if you really want.
Reply 2
1. What's your name? Huw.
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? I'm already a member, I'm just filling out the questionnaire.
3. How old are you? Twenty.
4. What's your gender? Male.
5. What's your sexual orientation? G.
6. How long have you known your orientation? I spent a fair few years coming to term with it, so between three and six years.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? The only thing I can think of is that some of my movements are a bit airy, like I'm floating about the place. Sometimes it makes me look like I'm mincing.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not really. Everyone was great about it when I came out.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I brought my boyfriend up to visit me and people kind of got the hint. A few people were confused, and I heard from my friends that everyone was whispering around behind my back asking if it was true, but nobody confronted me and made my life miserable so I count that as a win.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Lots.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Just the TSRLGBTS. I enjoy the thread and the conversations that go on there.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Nope.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Not really, I'm very politically apathetic. It'd be nice to have true equality but I'm not the kind of person who can bring myself to care.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Almost eight months now :smile:
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone with a sense of humour who can look after me and knows what's best for me better than I do. Got him :smile:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yep, they were good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Not once. I almost went gay clubbing with some straight friends back when I was in the closet, which would have been awkward. Thankfully it was avoided because everyone was exhausted that night.
19. Name some fit famous people. I know for a fact that someone is going to mention Tom Daley. Aside from him I'm going to go with Toby Hemingway and Lucas Till.
20. Show us your picture? No.
Reply 3
OK, now that I'm not going to be the first person doing it:

Original post by dbmag9

"TSRLGBTSQII"1. What's your name? Daniel
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Don't know what I originally started for, but now I stay for the chat.
3. How old are you? 19
6. How long have you known your orientation? Not sure exactly; I never woke up one day and suddenly realised. I was certain from at least 16 onwards, I guess.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I like musicals, I'm not into sport. Also I like guys. :p:
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Happily no.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I came out at 17 to everyone; it went fine.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A few through school and work, and more through here and other youth forums.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I used to be active on the QYN and GYUK sites, and I've been to a few meets with people from there. They're not bad, although I was never really strongly involved.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I've been to a few Prides (London, Brighton, Berlin); they're really good fun.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I wouldn't trust someone against LGBT rights to make good decisions in other fields.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Sadly not.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone I'm not talking down to, with a sense of humour and a nice face.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? A few, generally good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Occasionally in London with a friend from work, and I've been to one place in Berlin so far. It's not hard to find places in either city.
19. Name some fit famous people. Alex Pettifer, Mitch Hewer, Dan Radcliffe.
20. Show us your picture? I posted one on the chat thread a week or so back.
Reply 4
Skoji
I know for a fact that someone is going to mention Tom Daley

Already done it :h:
Reply 5
Original post by neillya1
Already done it :h:

You got in there while the code wasn't working on my post as I was typing it :colonhash:
Reply 6
Original post by Skoji
You got in there while the code wasn't working on my post as I was typing it :colonhash:

:tongue:

Just be thankful it wasn't Crisps, he'd have lots more to say than just his name :tongue:
1. What's your name? Lydia
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? no
3. How old are you? 16, almost 17
4. What's your gender? female
5. What's your sexual orientation? bisexual
6. How long have you known your orientation? since i was 14
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? no
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? not really
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? yes, fine
10. Do you know many LGBT people? a few
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? no
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? no
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? yes
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? no
15. What do you look for in a partner? inspiration
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? kind of, mediocre
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? kind of, good
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? no, gay village in manchester
19. Name some fit famous people. Ellen Degeneres, Megan Mullally, Eric McCormack, Katherine Moening, Leisha Hailey, Sean Hayes
20. Show us your picture? No
Reply 8
Thanks for playing, though. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm straight but it'd be really cool to join this tbh :3
Reply 10
hmm, doesnt on mine either now. mabye i was seeing things.
Reply 11
Original post by MOOOSEH
I'm straight but it'd be really cool to join this tbh :3

You're more than welcome to! :biggrin: We don't have many (if any?) straight people posting at the moment :sad:
oft
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
1. What's your name? Moose :biggrin:
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? No o:
3. How old are you? 16
4. What's your gender? F
5. What's your sexual orientation? Straight :biggrin:
6. How long have you known your orientation? No idea D:
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Not sure I know what cha mean there o:
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? No o:
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yeah I'm out for being straight P: People were APPALLED :3 Sorry not intendedly offensive if that sounded it D:
10. Do you know many LGBT people? STEPHEN FRYY
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Never, would be cool tho
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Again, never^^
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I'm not sure when I stand politically tbh
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nah.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Fluent in sarcasm, funny, caring and appreciative of me + possibly blind since I'm very uuugleh.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? No xD
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No xD
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No Dx
19. Name some fit famous people. ME, no I'm joking. Gerard Way and if I was L possibly... Keira Knightley and Kate McGrath.
20. Show us your picture? Insecure >_<

Wow I answered so milky-like o:
:3
Reply 14
Original post by dbmag9
I got bored and wanted to redo the questionnaire, so it's now slightly less intrusive and doesn't assume a gender binary, among other things. Copy it into a post and answer as much or as little as you want. :woo:

TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name?

naomi

2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?

no

3. How old are you?

4. What's your gender?

vagina

5. What's your sexual orientation?

bisexual

6. How long have you known your orientation?

a couple of years now

7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?

no

8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?

no

9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?

yeh, people just said oh okay

10. Do you know many LGBT people?

yeh

11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?

no

12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?

no

13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?

i don't think so

14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?

no

15. What do you look for in a partner?

trust + patience + spontaneity + good looks

16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?

yeh, they were okay

17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?

i love how it says another gender as if there were more than one other gender. and yes, they were awesome

18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?

sometimes

19. Name some fit famous people.

winona ryder, sean o'pry, winona ryder, alek wek, winona ryder, eric stoltz

20. Show us your picture?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216898_1768321885231_1154719872_31698104_1687783_n.jpg

cheers
Original post by dbmag9
hmm, doesnt on mine either now. mabye i was seeing things.

Probably :p:
1. What's your name? Satan or The Devil, sometimes Jesus.
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Not really, just curious. (Pun intended)
3. How old are you? 20
4. What's your gender? Female
5. What's your sexual orientation? Bi
6. How long have you known your orientation? For sure? Since I was about 16. Though I did have a crush on my primary school teacher aged 5, asked her to run away with me and everything :smug: hahaha
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? No one has ever 'guessed' my sexuality so I'd say not.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not since coming out...
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I'm openly out, I don't shout about it but if people are interested they know where to look.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Most of my best friends are gay. Unfortunately they're all male. I know of a few girls but neeeeyah.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I haven't.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I don't need any more reasons to segregate myself from others. :mmm:
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I guess so. I support any equality rights.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Naw, single and free :h:
15. What do you look for in a partner? They have to be awesome and a bit fit.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?Yah, good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Some good, some bad.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? I don't go out on the 'scene', no.
19. Name some fit famous people. Lena headey, Mila Kunis, Helena Bonham Carter, Emma Watson, Kristen Stewart. I don't really fancy famous men, I know plenty of fit male gay tsr members? :mmm:
20. Show us your picture? You most likely have my faceyb, stalk all you want. If you haven't then you're blates not cool enough (or haven't spoken to me...)
(edited 11 years ago)
1. What's your name? Alice
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Nah. Saw it and thought 'ooh...'.
3. How old are you? 18
4. What's your gender? Genderqueer
6. How long have you known your orientation?I knew I was different when I was about 8 and I worked out why when I was 11 but spent 4 years trying to be straight.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I have short hair, Doc Martin's and an oversized leather jacket.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? I've been shouted at in the street. A 'friend' outed me to another couple of friends who love to gossip - one of whom he knew I didn't want to tell because I'd heard her being homophobic before. Some of the boys in my physics class said 'you know what's funny: gay rights'. And of course the usual, expecting me to explain exactly how two girls have sex like I'm there for their own personal entertainment...
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? About 18 months. EVERYONE knows I'm gay. Some people were surprised, some weren't and my father was just glad I wasn't going to tell him I was pregnant. Only friend knows about being genderqueer. I don't feel that's so important to talk about - I show rather than tell.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Yeah. A few.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? None so far. Really want to get involved at uni.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I went to Brighton Pride last year. It was amazing.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yeah. But I'm very left-wing and pro-human rights for all in general.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone I can talk to and who'll talk to me. Someone I can trust.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yeah. It was great. Shame she doesn't actually find me attractive.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No. But again, hoping to at uni. There is no 'scene' here.
19. Name some fit famous people. Olivia Wilde. All the girls in Lip Service. Santana and Brittany from Glee. Amy Pond from Dr. Who. Yeah I'm **** with real names...
20. Show us your picture? Noooo...
Reply 18
1. What's your name? Hylean

2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Not really.

3. How old are you? 24

4. What's your gender? Genderneutral/fluid. I'm both male and female, thus neither.

My physical sex is male.

5. What's your sexual orientation? Bisexual sexually (my list of males is very select), heteroromantic. I determine sexuality by physical sex, not gender.

6. How long have you known your orientation? All my life, really.

7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I can be quite camp at times, but overall, not really.

8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Many a time. Northern Ireland isn't the most enlightened of countries.

9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yes, if you can call it that. I don't believe in coming out, because that suggests what I am is something aberrant or abnormal. We are what we are and there is no bias in me towards a particular sexuality or gender.

10. Do you know many LGBT people? A fair few back home. Not so many here, yet.

12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Outside of Pride, no. I personally tend to avoid LGBT events, given the "gay lifestyle" nature of the organisation in universities.

13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? No more so than any other equal rights movement. I believe in equality for all. If that means standing up for the straight, white male I will; same if it means standing up for gays, blacks, women, transgendered folk such as myself. We are all worth something and no one should be treated differently by the law or any establishment.

14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No.

15. What do you look for in a partner? Humour, ability to put up with me, insanity, independence, not clingy, respects my personal space, intelligent, thoughtful, caring, empathetic, good conversationalist.

16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes. Bad. I've been molested by a guy before.

17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yes. Both. My libido was destroyed by my first partner.

18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Sometimes. Barbara in Reykjavík. Mynt in Belfast.

19. Name some fit famous people. Patrick Stewart. Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn. Julia Stiles.

20. Show us your picture? It's in my profile. Do your own leg-work. :p:
TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name? Mike, unsurprisingly :wink:
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Nothing in particular; it's full of nice people so I stay for the chat ^^
3. How old are you? 22
6. How long have you known your orientation? I came out around 14ish, but I think I knew before then. I can remember having boy crushes in Primary school
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Not on the whole. I like cocktails, but proper 1920s style ones that are mostly gin. I like musicals, but haven't been to one in years. I like dudes. That's about as far as it goes; I don't go out on the scene, I dislike Gaga, I'm more into funny tshirts and goth chic than designer labels :p:
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Unfortunately so. I think a combination of coming out quite early and still in school was unfortunate. Mostly it was just verbal harassment, was assualted a couple of times. I live to tell the tale :h:
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? As above, been out for ages. Almost all of my friends were fine with it, my family were all fine with it apart from my brother who freaked out and didn't talk to me for some months. There were a lot of idiots at school who didn't take too kindly to it.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? That I know personally/have met in person: Maybe about 10-15. I know a fair few more online.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Technically I'm a member of my uni's LGBT soc, but I've never actually been to any of their events because I'm always busy when they have them. They seem like a nice bunch of people though, and because they're mostly more mature than average uni students it doesn't seem as smutty or elitist or anything.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Been to London pride the once. It was fun, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd been with more people. It was also ridiculously crowded which I don't like.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? To an extent I guess. It would really put me off a party if they were institutionally homophobic or had homophobic policies, and if a party leader were homophobic I'd perhaps question their attitudes in other areas.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yep, been together 2 years and nearly 4 months, got engaged in April :smile:
15. What do you look for in a partner? They've got to be interesting. I don't like bland people or scene clones. Ideally we'd have similar interests but be different enough that it wasn't boring. Physically I have many different types I like, but you can never go wrong with being a bit alternative (long hair, facial hair, piercings and I melt)
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes, mostly good. Only one I think that was 'bad', a couple that were 'less good'.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nothing sexual. I had a girlfriend briefly before I was out because her brother threatened to beat me up if I didn't go out with his sister. Most we did was kiss though.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Not on the scene. I've been to Ku Bar once, and I didn't like it very much. It was full of guys that really aren't my type who all seemed rather shallow and judgemental. Plus the toilets were horrific and I was appalled by some people's conduct with strangers. I prefer going to alternative clubs and bars, which whilst they're "straight" places tend to be gay friendly. Slimelight is a really wicked night out and has quite a lot of LGBTers. 'Stripped' is a monthly alternative gay club night in London that was excellent, you should all come to the next one.
19. Name some fit famous people. Heri Joensen, Lauri Ylönen, Marco Hietala, Frank Carter... There's a huge list, ask me if you want more :tongue:
20. Show us your picture? Here's a picture of me dressed as a Splicer from Bioshock:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168366_10150116924722254_626912253_8185020_6195110_n.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending