The Student Room Group

Singing in French for a girl I really like

Im moving to France after the summer for my third year and I've been speaking (in French) to this French girl that I really like. I decided to learn a song for her on guitar and learn to sing in French, I would appreciate any feedback on this idea as she has no idea what song I'm doing for her. My recording isn't complete but here's my first attempt. Please be honest :smile:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2HKZOBIA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Save it for valentines day or your anniversary if you ever get into a relationship.
No thanks. Website looks :shades:y.
Reply 3
Original post by Yawn11
Save it for valentines day or your anniversary if you ever get into a relationship.

I can't wait that long dude, haha we're not going out but I want to :P I'd probably write her a song for valentines day :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Steverockin
I can't wait that long dude, haha we're not going out but I want to :P I'd probably write her a song for valentines day :smile:

Jeez, what happened to playing it cool?

Don't you think you could come off too strong?

You're better off charming and asking her out and getting rejected, than singing than singing that and asking her out tbh.

But that's just my opinion.
Reply 5
Scotsman and Frenchman not a right match? Don't you agree
Reply 6
Im moving to France after the summer for my third year and I've been speaking (in French) to this French girl that I really like. I decided to learn a song for her on guitar and learn to sing in French, I would appreciate any feedback on this idea as she has no idea what song I'm doing for her. My recording isn't complete but here's my first attempt. Please be honest :smile:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2HKZOBIA

Does she like that kind of stuff? if she does go for it otherwise be a man and;

Grab her

Bring her face towards you

Have a long passionate kiss

???

In there :sexface: (unless she doesn't you in that way of course)

Reply 7
Original post by Yawn11
Jeez, what happened to playing it cool?

Don't you think you could come off too strong?

You're better off charming and asking her out and getting rejected, than singing than singing that and asking her out tbh.

But that's just my opinion.

I know i always rush, its a bad trait of mine, im like a wee boy when it comes to things like this.. maybe i shouldnt do it right away. I have been speaking to here for about 1 month via facebook and skype everyday etc. so i feel she would say yes if i asked her out. i dont know ill see.:colondollar:
Reply 8
Destined to be cheesy, sound terrible (french person trying to listen to a non french person sing in their language), and go wrong. But good luck.
Reply 9
I have been speaking to here for about 1 month via facebook and skype everyday etc. so i feel she would say yes if i asked her out.

:rofl: you can't be serious? she won't say yes.
Reply 10
Original post by tehFrance
:rofl: you can't be serious? she won't say yes.

Not really, She offered to pick me up at the station in her car n drive me to my house. shes talked about cooking for me etc, i think ive got a good chance. of course ill need to wait im not going to ask her for a while.
Reply 11
Original post by Stefan1991
Destined to be cheesy, sound terrible (french person trying to listen to a non french person sing in their language), and go wrong. But good luck.

of course its cheesy, im a cheesy bastard :P but i think that if i practise it a lot more than that recording i can pull it off :smile: (plus her English isnt great so she complain) mouhaha xD
Reply 12
:facepalm2:

Followed by

:puke:
Not really, She offered to pick me up at the station in her car n drive me to my house. shes talked about cooking for me etc, i think ive got a good chance. of course ill need to wait im not going to ask her for a while.

:rofl: that is what friends will do for you, doesn't mean she wants to date you or like you in any sexual way.

You have lots to learn about French women.
You've been speaking to her for a month and you already want to sing a song proclaiming your love? Je n'en reviens pas...si ne c'est pas indiscret, qu'est-ce que te fait tellement certain qu'elle ne le trouves pas vraiment...terrifiant?
Reply 15
of course ill need to wait im not going to ask her for a while.

If you don't make it clear within the first week of meeting her that you're interested in her romantically then you're going to get no where.
Well, it's an appropriate song title. :biggrin:
Just.....just no.
Downloading for the LOLZ.
OK it's actually quite good. But it's still a bad idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending