The Student Room Group

Holby City

Anyone watch?

A few discussion points...

Who's your favourite character [past or present]?

Best couple[again past or present]?

Favourite ward?

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Amy7

Anyone else sing along to the theme tune, or is that just me? :biggrin:

How does that work then? :hmmmm:

Sahira Shah :coma: :coma: :coma:

Favourite character...I can't decide between The Malick and Hansenn's acerbic wit.
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
How does that work then? :hmmmm:

Well I 'dum dum' along to it, or hum, or 'la la'.

Sahira Shah :coma: :coma: :coma:
Huh?

Favourite character...I can't decide between The Malick and Hansenn's acerbic wit

It's Jac for me :smile: Bitchy as she may be, her one-liners are hilarious. Or Sacha, for his cuddliness and humour. Or Frieda, for her one-liners and the flower up the bum moment. Priceless.
Reply 3
Original post by Amy7

Huh?

She's hot. Isn't it obvious? :colondollar:

It's Jac for me :smile: Bitchy as she may be, her one-liners are hilarious. Or Sacha, for his cuddliness and humour. Or Frieda, for her one-liners and the flower up the bum moment. Priceless.

Hah, I like Frieda too, but she's not been around much lately. I also like(d) Penny and Ollie too, pity the former died though.
Reply 4
Jac's my favourite. Though Malik, Hansen and sasha are great too :smile:
I also wish Freida was in it more, haven't seen her in it in the past few episodes:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by meg162
Jac's my favourite. Though Malik, Hansen and sasha are great too :smile:
I also wish Freida was in it more, haven't seen her in it in the past few episodes:frown:

Shes gonna be in it in a few epiosdes time, when she and the new ward manager take the mick out of lulu ( the new F1- thats her name).

I love elliot and his clutter but he is not in it nowdays which is a shame. Perhaps he has some massive storyline coming up?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Jac's my fave. I love Sacha & Malik though! Chrissy slightly annoys me.

Its so not true to life but I love it!
Reply 7
I love Jac, Malik and Hanssen.

Oh and Elliot, he's so sweet.
Reply 8
Chrissie annoys me too, why can't she have a storyline without some kind of guy/boyfriend involved.
Elliot :') He's so adorable, as is his dog! Love the Jac/Elliot dynamic :smile:
Yay for Frieda coming back soon.
Wish Joseph would come back though :cry: and Harry.
Reply 9
James Anderson/Ollie Valentine

Those. Eyes.

Oh. My. Dear. Lord.

I have him on Facebook, he replied to one of my wall posts once.

Yes I know this is bordering on obsession.

Have you seen his eyes?

Oh dear lord
Penny and sahira were :sexface:
But Malick- he's a joker
Hansen- doesn't scare me
Spence and Griffin have a love hate relationship
Reply 11
Original post by sophia_
James Anderson/Ollie Valentine

Those. Eyes.

Oh. My. Dear. Lord.

I have him on Facebook, he replied to one of my wall posts once.

Yes I know this is bordering on obsession.

Have you seen his eyes?

Oh dear lord

Ok I just googled him, to look into his eyes. And my, they just suck you in.
And now I can't look at him without looking at his eyes. They're so blue!
:heart: If he treated me....
About time, I've always preferred Holby City over Casualty
Reply 13
I love pretty much all of them, but to echo what others have already said, my favourites are Malick, Hansen(he's so tall:daydreaming:) and Micheal Spence.

Also, love Darwin and the new Plastics department thing, really interesting.
Favorite character - It has to be Jac. She is soo ruthless and never has a dull moment. I loved it at connies last scene where it was like she passed the hospital onto her. I loved connie (she always stole every episode she was in) and penny (her death was such a shock!) and like sasha, elliot and frieda.

Best pairing - Jac and sasha worked well together. She is the ruthless, work-obsessed type and he is the office joker but their friendship was awesome. I`m sad they don`t get many scenes together anymore :frown: . Penny and frieda were a good combo too as she was the only person who connected with her and found out about her past but now penny is dead, we may never know why freida hid about being a doctor for so long. Also elliot and connie as without him, she would still be living in london.

Favorite ward - Darwin, I am loving the current cardio vs plastics storyline. I also like all the characters on the ward and love where it could go. Will Jac stand by and let elliot loose his job? Will Michael continue to do lowly plastic works or be tempted back into harder medical work? Will cardio close and the staff moved to other wards?
Reply 15
My favourite WAS Penny... but then she died :frown: (btw it was such a big shock to me, i was so upset lol) so now it's probably Sahira or Jac. They're both cool :cool:

I did ship Frieda/Penny (don't ask i don't even know) but now that will never happen haha. Ooh and now i'm rooting for Dan and Malick... just because :wink:

My favourite has to be Darwin, that's where most of the drama is in my opinion :smile:

(p.s thanks for doing a thread!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
I love pretty much every character, but Michael Spence has pinched the lead, he is soo hot:heart:
I think Sahira and Greg would be a lovely couple:smile:
My favourite ward is Darwin, as all the action is there at the moment with the plastics storyline!
... In times of uninterrupted happiness and great joy. When people are laughing and hugging each other. Only one superhero can save the day! Jac Naylor the ''SUPERBITCH''! who uses her trusted powers of sarcasm and stinging wit to take down her evil foes... Party time, is OVER!

On a more serious note I never used to like her, she had too many negative traits that were a bit overbearing. But after awhile I've come to realise she does have a heart after all. Deep down she just wants to be a successful doctor. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Reformed2010
... In times of uninterrupted happiness and great joy. When people are laughing and hugging each other. Only one superhero can save the day! Jac Naylor the ''SUPERBITCH''! who uses her trusted powers of sarcasm and stinging wit to take down her evil foes... Party time, is OVER!

On a more serious note I never used to like her, she had too many negative traits that were a bit overbearing. But after awhile I've come to realise she does have a heart after all. Deep down she just wants to be a successful doctor. :biggrin:

Hahaa, genius :biggrin:

Even though she's such a cow sometimes, she often does have a point and says what everyone else is thinking but are too scared to say! Plus she's provided countless hilarious moments, nameling the breast implant puppets, the 'at least my boobs don't leak' moment. You can't help but like her from all her comments and sarcasm :smile:
Plus the episodes with her mum and the kidney were amazing, the actress who plays her is so talented!

On another note, I want my own personal Sacha :smile: He's so huggable!
Reply 19
Yay!!! A thread on my favourite show in the whole wide world! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Thanks Amy7.

There's no way I can choose just one so my favourite characters (past and present) have to be Donna, Maria, Maddie, Lola, Ollie, Penny, Freida, Jac, Connie, Elliot, Hansen, Eddie...omg I think I'm slightly obsessed with Holby City. I love them all so much.

Relationships....hmm. Dan and Malick, Chrissie and Sacha, Donna and Michael.

Ermm...my favourite ward now has to be AAU because of characters such as Freida. She never fails to make me laugh with her sarcasm. I also like Sacha too because he's adorable. Before, my favourite ward was Keller because of Donna... I loved her immaturity and humour. I was sad to see her grow up a bit when she had to take care of Mia and become more responsible. :frown: Darwin has always been my least favourite ward even though I love some of the characters. I like Sahira but the whole war with plastics isn't enough to make me love Darwin.

I love Holby City...the writers are the best! Nice to see some fans on TSR too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest