The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Creating a new rule in duo email

I want to create a rule to forward all my mail to my gmail account, but I've no idea how... the Tools option is now gone. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by jmonson
I want to create a rule to forward all my mail to my gmail account, but I've no idea how... the Tools option is now gone. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if you ever fixed this, but, what browser are you using? The Exchange email system is intentionally crippled (by design) in anything except Internet Explorer, which include the 'rules' button not appearing.

Also, a far better forwarding system is IMAP and fetchmail, if you can be bothered looking up how to do it.

Also also, it isn't DUO email. DUO has nothing to do with your emails except for happening to be one way to access them.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by dring
I don't know if you ever fixed this, but, what browser are you using? The Exchange email system is intentionally crippled (by design) in anything except Internet Explorer, which include the 'rules' button not appearing.

Also, a far better forwarding system is IMAP and fetchmail, if you can be bothered looking up how to do it.

Also also, it isn't DUO email. DUO has nothing to do with your emails except for happening to be one way to access them.

Thanks so much! I actually lost my phone (and camera) in Academy on Saturday night so this doesn't really apply to me anymore, but I use Chrome (duo's hated browser) so that's probably why.

Cheers! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jmonson
Thanks so much! I actually lost my phone (and camera) in Academy on Saturday night so this doesn't really apply to me anymore, but I use Chrome (duo's hated browser) so that's probably why.

Cheers! :smile:

Well...again, your email has almost nothing to do with duo. Chrome has issues with duo (something to do with caching behaviour, I think), but this is unrelated to the fact that MS have designed their email product to fail in chrome.
Reply 4
Original post by dring

What other way(s) could someone access their university emails? Since DUO was upgraded (around the end of July), for some very worrying reason, I can no longer get into DUO- it doesn't accept my log-in details. I was meaning to phone ITS today about it. But in the mean time, another way to access the emails would be great if it turns out to be a big problem.

Has anyone else had problems accessing DUO since they upgraded the system?
exchange.dur.ac.uk I think.

I haven't had any issues with DUO at all since the upgrade...
Reply 6
Original post by Eimky
What other way(s) could someone access their university emails? Since DUO was upgraded (around the end of July), for some very worrying reason, I can no longer get into DUO- it doesn't accept my log-in details. I was meaning to phone ITS today about it. But in the mean time, another way to access the emails would be great if it turns out to be a big problem.

Has anyone else had problems accessing DUO since they upgraded the system?

You can access Microsoft Exchange directly at exchange.dur.ac.uk
Reply 7
Original post by dring
You can access Microsoft Exchange directly at exchange.dur.ac.uk

Thanks. It doesn't solve my problem, but that's a handy link to have (if I ever get to log-in successfully!)

Quick Reply

Latest