The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

when did u guys get a reply after an online assesment and was it a call or email
Reply 821
Original post by destined1
when did u guys get a reply after an online assesment and was it a call or email

Email inviting you to an asda magic session (if your successful), then after asda magic email if unsuccessful and phone call if successful :smile:
Original post by Becca-9492
Ive applied for Goldthorpe and Thurnscoe which are in Barnsley and Denaby Main in Doncaster!

Think when we were there, there was staff from all the stores there so could be any!

The woman who phoned was the recruitment person for the netto conversion stores who was also at the interview the other day :biggrin:

Hi, I have an asda magic assessment for the Goldthorpe store tomorrow and just wondered if you have already attended one of these as I am not sure where to go. I would have thought it would have been in the old netto/new asda store however on the BrassRing Event Manager site where you book a date/time to attend, it is telling me to go to Dearne Enterprise Centre, but surely your not going to be able to 'Have a go' and talk to customers there etc lol :s-smilie:

I would really appreciate your help :smile:
Original post by Becca_1992
Hi, I have an asda magic assessment for the Goldthorpe store tomorrow and just wondered if you have already attended one of these as I am not sure where to go. I would have thought it would have been in the old netto/new asda store however on the BrassRing Event Manager site where you book a date/time to attend, it is telling me to go to Dearne Enterprise Centre, but surely your not going to be able to 'Have a go' and talk to customers there etc lol :s-smilie:

I would really appreciate your help :smile:

Yeah you go to the Enterprise Centre on Barnbrugh Lane :smile: I Thought it as daft aswell tbh what with the store only being up the road from it! What time you there? Im there tomorrow for my 2nd interview bright n early at 9:15 am :frown: Just be yourself and you'll be fine :smile: The people who did our magic session last week were lovely :smile:
Reply 824
got my second interview and work trial tomorrow at 4 so hopefully it will b quiet :P
Thanks for that :smile: I can stop stressing out now haha. I applied for the thurnscoe store too but ive not heard anything from them, have you? I've got the assessment at half 12 tomorrow. Would you mind telling me what to expect? It's my first ever job interview and i'm really nervous xD

And congrats on getting so far! :biggrin:
Thanks for that :smile: I can stop stressing out now haha. I applied for the thurnscoe store too but ive not heard anything from them, have you? I've got the assessment at half 12 tomorrow. Would you mind telling me what to expect? It's my first ever job interview and i'm really nervous xD

And congrats on getting so far! :biggrin:

Lol... I Applied For Goldthorpe and the one near the Dome in donny. When you get there you'll go into a room downstairs til the start time, someone will come down stairs to you and take you up. Then you'll do an ice breaker kind of thing. Then you'll do some tasks we got to know the person next to us and then had to introduce them to the group. then for our final thing the group got split into 2, and each group had to draw a pic of what they thought was 'The perfect ASDA colleague' and then present that to the staff and the other group.

Your session may be different but thats what we did! Oh and you'll fill out a flexibility form stating your times of avaliability and preference of store.... theres Goldthorpe, Thurnscoe and Denaby to choose from!

Eeeek! you never know, we may be working together soon! :biggrin:
Original post by beckyyyyy
got my second interview and work trial tomorrow at 4 so hopefully it will b quiet :P

And Good Luck :biggrin:
Lol... I Applied For Goldthorpe and the one near the Dome in donny. When you get there you'll go into a room downstairs til the start time, someone will come down stairs to you and take you up. Then you'll do an ice breaker kind of thing. Then you'll do some tasks we got to know the person next to us and then had to introduce them to the group. then for our final thing the group got split into 2, and each group had to draw a pic of what they thought was 'The perfect ASDA colleague' and then present that to the staff and the other group.

Your session may be different but thats what we did! Oh and you'll fill out a flexibility form stating your times of avaliability and preference of store.... theres Goldthorpe, Thurnscoe and Denaby to choose from!

Eeeek! you never know, we may be working together soon! :biggrin:

Oh! Well maybe thats why the Thurnscoe one never got back to me, they may just be doing them all in one or something. I really hope I get this job, I've been doing application forms and handing cv's in for almost a year now and this is the closest I have ever got to a job xD People just don't seem to want to give me a chance as I have no previous experience :frown:

The assessment doesn't seem too bad from what you've said, I hope I get something similar :smile:

What did you wear, just smart trousers and a more casual top?
I wore black trousers, white tshirt (couldnt find my proper shirt!!) and a cardi..... some people turned up in Jeans! :O but yeah most people had like trousers n a nice top on or something!

I know how you feel, i got a job at Sports Direct but they never gave me any shifts or anything.... i hate living in the middle of nowhere (kind of!) haha
I wore black trousers, white tshirt (couldnt find my proper shirt!!) and a cardi..... some people turned up in Jeans! :O but yeah most people had like trousers n a nice top on or something!

I know how you feel, i got a job at Sports Direct but they never gave me any shifts or anything.... i hate living in the middle of nowhere (kind of!) haha

Don't think I'd dare wear jeans lol. I'm trying to find this enterprise place on google maps and failing miserably haha.

I'm trying to find a job I can get to by bus because I haven't got a car yet :frown: I need a job in the first place so that I can afford one!
When I type the postcode in it comes up with Home and Garden DIY :L

Oh no hang on I think i've found it finally :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
If you know where the Netto is in Goldthorpe then just keep going straight down the road and you'll come to somewhere you can turn right or left (you'll be able to see the place from there!) turn left then turn immediatley right..... you should be fine :biggrin:
If you know where the Netto is in Goldthorpe then just keep going straight down the road and you'll come to somewhere you can turn right or left (you'll be able to see the place from there!) turn left then turn immediatley right..... you should be fine :biggrin:

Thanks, I've found it now :smile: They've gave me the wrong postcode lol. Are you at uni or anything?
Lol... Nope was at college but finished so just looking for a job..... might be going back in september though :frown:
Oh right, just thought I'd ask because I'm hoping to be starting Uni in High Melton in September. It's only about 5 mins away from the Asda at Goldthorpe which is why I really want this job because it would be so convenient as well as everything else :biggrin:

I really hope tomorrow goes well for you anyway :smile: Good luck!!!
Reply 836
And Good Luck :biggrin:

thank youuu!
Hi!! I applied for a job at a new Asda opening up in September on Monday and they've just emailed me inviting me to an Asda Magic Centre! Can anyone share their experiences with me? Is it scary? I suck at interviews so any tips? Thankyou! :smile:
Original post by beckyyyyy
thank youuu!

How did it go?!?!? :biggrin:

Did you have to do an interview at asda magic cos i did and I was like 'Ahh!' :s-smilie: hahaha

Didn't think it went too bad tho, altho i was the youngest in the group by far and just about everyone else had worked in a supermarket before unlike me :/
Reply 839
How did it go?!?!? :biggrin:

Did you have to do an interview at asda magic cos i did and I was like 'Ahh!' :s-smilie: hahaha

Didn't think it went too bad tho, altho i was the youngest in the group by far and just about everyone else had worked in a supermarket before unlike me :/

i havent had it yet, its at 4 so im going to leave soon! thought 4 was abit late but they probably want to make sure its quiet incase they let me have a turn hahaha
hope it doesnt last long im starving! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest