The Student Room Group

Controversial Human Science

Over the summer, I have been assigned to do a short presentation on a topic of controversial part of human science.
I don't know what to do mine about... I've thought of plastic surgery (would that come under science?!) and the argument into whether we are born with intelligence.
So yeah, if any of you TSR people could lend any ideas, I'd be so grateful! Thankyou.

Oh, and I'm not allowed to do gene therapy or abortions because other people are doing that. Darn.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
I think Plastic Surgery is a discipline of Health/Medicine which in turn is a science so it should be okay :smile:
Plenty of potential topics. Designer babies, GMOs, racial differences in intelligence, euthanasia, eugenics, life extension etc.
what aspects are you generally interested by?
Reply 4
Human experimentation and its controversies? Plenty of historical examples with extremely dubious ethics!
(edited 12 years ago)
Cloning?
Storing of people's genetic data?
Advances in prosthetic limbs/robotics?
Reply 6
Original post by lettucesoap
Over the summer, I have been assigned to do a short presentation on a topic of controversial part of human science.
I don't know what to do mine about... I've thought of plastic surgery (would that come under science?!) and the argument into whether we are born with intelligence.
So yeah, if any of you TSR people could lend any ideas, I'd be so grateful! Thankyou.

Oh, and I'm not allowed to do gene therapy or abortions because other people are doing that. Darn.

anything about genetic engineering will do ,e.g cloning , making body spare parts ...
Reply 7
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4807042.stm

Northwick Park clinical trial where healthy volunteers had major side effects to the drug they were trialling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending