The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Clearing 2011

I'm already in clearing in the hope of gaining a place at Northumbria for an english related course. If not any humanities/social science course will do. Most of there entery grades are BBB whereas I am predicted AAA. Would like it if people could give me some hope that I might get a place or, on the other hand, I'm being unrealistic thinking there will even be places? Thank you :smile:
Hi, my sister is a Lecturer at Northumbria and has told me that they are struggling with demand because not enough people are applying. She said that it is partly because of costs, but also because of unemployment figures in Newcastle. As long as you get reasonable passes then you should get a place as they have a number of places left for clearing. They work on ums points so that if you fail one subject you can still get in with two good subject passes. You should definately go to Northumbria because although people may see it as an easier and less prestigious uni, they actually offer some of he best courses and have a higher employability rate as they are designed to prepare you for immediate work as soon as you have graduated.

There will be places availabl so dont worry
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Quick Reply

Latest