The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jismith1989
Do you have any reliable sources for this or is it just Twitter? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's going on, I'd just like to read it from a decent source.

ITV News reporter: https://twitter.com/#!/stevedouglasitv/status/100953537583915008
Do you think the riots will get any worse than what we have seen recently in the past few days??

I've heard from people that apparently there will be riots around the wider Camden area:confused:. I really hope not. I live near there and the thought of more destruction to other areas in London that have already been badly affected is horrifying.:angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8422
Original post by Lewis :D
Bricks being thrown at police in Salford

Nothing new there
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Lots of people entering guilty pleas in Highbury Magistrates Court including a Youth Worker! :lolwut: LOL ****ING WHAT!!!

:eek: Omg, and these are the people who are meant to be rehabilitating :facepalm2:. Source? :smile:
Original post by Aj12
Sky has their chopper out and their are reports of disturbances in London according to sky.

*snigger*

Sorry, that just sounded funny to me...
This warranted another thread?
Original post by Drewski
*snigger*

:colone:
Reply 8427
Original post by Drewski
*snigger*

:biggrin: Same tbh
Original post by HighTech
Muppet? Lol.

The worst hit areas weren't swarmed (not 'swormed' btw brainbox), they were looted by kids that represented the racial make-up of those particular areas. I'm from one of the worst hit areas, Croydon, and the looters represented the racial make-up of the part of Croydon affected. FACT. The same can be said of the looting elsewhere but you still can't grasp that can you brainbox?

Only 36% of Croydons residents are from black or ethnic minorities. More than 36% of the rioters were black. FACT. night night
People writing messages on a boarded up shop window :biggrin:

Ooooooh. Apparently they want their taxes back. That's why they're rioting. Of course.
nope not if they want a ruber bullet up the a**
Reply 8432
Amazon's main sport sellers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/ref=zg_bs_tab

Bats batons and tents
Sky News coverage has been quite good during these riots (they had people on the ground last night). Well with the exception of that Kay woman. :colonhash:

Original post by Aj12

Sky has their chopper out and their are reports of disturbances in London according to sky.

Original post by dunnicare

Ooooooh. Apparently they want their taxes back. That's why they're rioting. Of course.

Apparently they pay their taxes to Curry's
Original post by Drewski
This warranted another thread?

Yep.
Reply 8436
Bring back public hangings.
can anyone give me a update

Confirmed Incidents:

Unrest in Manchester. Cars set on fire.

Unrest in Salford. People throwing bricks at riot police.
Original post by Antonia87

Sorry if you were looking for a long drawn-out philosophical argument.

My apologies, I overestimated your intellectual faculties. :redface:
Original post by walter101
Only 36% of Croydons residents are from black or ethnic minorities. More than 36% of the rioters were black. FACT. night night

Oh piss off. The last thing people need to hear is some c*** talking about how its just black people rioting. I've seen pictures/videos and there are plenty of other ethnic minorities getting involved. Communities are being destroyed and all you can do is point a finger.

Latest