Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

The Univerisity of Sunderland Group.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Just confirmed my place at Sunderland! :smile:

So what happens with accommodation? I applied earlier in the year but they couldn't process it since I was only a Conditional Insurance, but now that I've firmed do they automatically process it? Or do I have to phone them?
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Reply 61
My place has just been confirmed too. Just need to send my damages deposit off to The Forge and I'm all set!! :smile:
Original post by JamesNWA
My place has just been confirmed too. Just need to send my damages deposit off to The Forge and I'm all set!! :smile:

The Forge...you poor thing.
Does anyone know or have any idea when we receive our welcome pack/reading list? I can't find any information anywhere about it.
Reply 64
is anyone awaiting their medical check clearance?
Reply 65
does any1 have an unconditional offer for pharmacy?
Original post by SoulSparkle
Does anyone know or have any idea when we receive our welcome pack/reading list? I can't find any information anywhere about it.

when you get there, most likely :P

no, actually i recall an email once you got your sunspace login. You register online, then itll let you into sunspace and give you details on stuff like that.

Prob wont be able to register til A-level day though
im starting in sept and studying multimedia and graphics, i wondering if anyone else is doing it so i can see whos doing it as well :smile:
Original post by oI MasterKai Io
im starting in sept and studying multimedia and graphics, i wondering if anyone else is doing it so i can see whos doing it as well :smile:

I have some friends going into the Second Yearof and M&G, I could probably throw you a contact address if you would like?
(Presuming they consent of course)
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
I have some friends going into the Second Yearof and M&G, I could probably throw you a contact address if you would like?
(Presuming they consent of course)

That would be cool thanks :smile:
Reply 70
Wow, i'm really glad this exists (Even thought I should have probably tried to create one for everyone since the section doesn't exist)

Who are we all, where are well from and what are we studying?

I'm on CSP (combined Subjects - French and German), i'm from the local area and i'm living in Newcastle with a mate from uni.
Malley, pretty much lived the best part of my life in Sunderland, studying Sports Science going into my second year.

Living about eight miles out of city with the rent's.
Reply 72
Does anyone who is currently at Sunderland Uni or who is going have an NUS card? I've been trying to sign up for one but the website doesn't recognise Sunderland uni! :s-smilie:
Original post by Haz23
Does anyone who is currently at Sunderland Uni or who is going have an NUS card? I've been trying to sign up for one but the website doesn't recognise Sunderland uni! :s-smilie:

Hey I did the exact same thing trying to sign up online, its because sunderland uni isnt set up to be able to do the NUS online but we can get it in freshers week at the uni apparently, but this will mean you have to bring a passport size photo with you!
Reply 74
Original post by *Dark_Angel*
Hey I did the exact same thing trying to sign up online, its because sunderland uni isnt set up to be able to do the NUS online but we can get it in freshers week at the uni apparently, but this will mean you have to bring a passport size photo with you!

Almost, you can't get an NUS card if you're studying at Sunderland, but you do get the Campus Card which is supposed to offer similar benefits.

The student union explains it here.
Reply 75
Just payed up for The Forge, see you up there in September I guess!
Reply 76
The student cards are basicly NUS cards anyways, same benefits i think.
Anyone doing Music / education studies?
Just got in, so relieved!
Reply 77
Aye, basically they disassociated themselves with NUS because of lack of interest and, essentially lack of return from their investment, I guess you could say.
Indepdendent's generally the best night out on a Monday, though it went downhill last year when they decided to stop serving doubles and limit the amount of drinks you bought at once. Arizona maybe worth a go on Monday if you like cheesy music, very cheap too from what I remember. Think this has changed recently though, so hopefully it'll be back to it's best next year. Everyone then seemed to decide to go to Privilege on Wednesday (cheap, but generally cramped with poor music, taking about 20 minutes to get served at the bar). The Indigo Rooms has recently opened, which is a nice bar and is apparently decent on Thursday nights, though most people go to Passion that night. Passion's good if you like rock music, and drinks are £2. Beer's generally crap, though. Cheapest pubs will be Porterfields, The Londonderry (tends to be full of old people, though), Greens and Yates'. Establishment is well priced too, and has a free jukebox. Ttonic also tends do £1 Jagerbombs most nights, too.

Avoid The Cooper Rose - it is nice, but despite being a Wetherspoon's, is more expensive than the other two. The Lambton Worm is just down the road, and also a Wetherspoon's, but cheaper. It's also next to Greens, Establishment, and Revolution (expensive, but get a Privilege card and it'll help - you'll get nice and drunk there).

You'll stop going to North Shore after freshers, too. It's good while everyone's there for a couple of weeks, but nobody goes after. You'll have a much better night in town/Newcastle. I don't know Newcastle as well, but you'll get some £2 trebles there in Gotham Town, directly opposite the train station. Generally a good night out though.
Reply 79
I work in Arizona, and can definitely say that a Monday night or Thursday is the best night out in Sunderland. Tuesday's pretty good too, it's gay night, and whether you're homo or heterosexual it's a right good laugh.

I live in Newcastle and it's definitely a better night out; it's always going to be the bigger, better brother to Sunderland though, just go where you think is best. But go to Newcastle every now and then - it's worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest