The Student Room Group

What NOT to take to uni ?

Various threads on what you need to take but what sort of things do people say you need to take but when you get to uni aren't really necessary or you never ended up using ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Subscribed.
Original post by Buddski
Various threads on what you need to take but what sort of things do people say you need to take but when you get to uni aren't really necessary or you never ended up using ?

Contraceptives...... Nobody ever needs them.

Oh wait. :colone:
Reply 3
An iron is a massive waste of time in my opinion, never used it... All students master the art of hanging clothes so that the creases drop out/ looking good in creased clothes.
Reply 4
For me, it was a printer - I got by using the ones in the library just fine. Depends how good your library is though, and how expensive printing is!
Standards.
Reply 6
Baggage
Reply 7
Original post by SoapyDish
For me, it was a printer - I got by using the ones in the library just fine. Depends how good your library is though, and how expensive printing is!

Agree with this too... Everyone in my house chipped in to buy a printer and it just wasn't worth buying ink and paper for it all the time... Ended up under a table in the corner of the living room.
Original post by Emmy1102
An iron is a massive waste of time in my opinion, never used it... All students master the art of hanging clothes so that the creases drop out/ looking good in creased clothes.

Meh, who needs an iron. Just put the clothes you want ironing under your matress for the night. My brother did this on holiday a few years ago. Not gonna lie, it worked.

:lol:
Pets.
Reply 10
Original post by SoapyDish

Interesting... I was going to get one! I still might, because depending on what accommodation I get allocated I may be a 15 minute walk from the main campus and library - having a built-in scanner would be nice, too. :smile:
Iron, rice cooker (this may be useful, I dunno, but it ****ed me off that a girl had hers out all the time), different types of glasses (anything that will hold liquid will do, you don't need wine/champagne/matini etc), pens and pencils - freshers fayre has TONS, corkscrew (you can use a key)

For the record, I found my printer very useful.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have the absolute worst luck with printers, every printer I've ever had has done the whole "I have brand new ink cartridges in, but no, I will not print for you." Pisses me off. For that reason, I'll be seeing how relying on the library printer goes.
Original post by charlotte-rose
Iron, rice cooker (this may be useful, I dunno, but it ****ed me off that a girl had hers out all the time), different types of glasses (anything that will hold liquid will do, you don't need wine/champagne/matini etc), pens and pencils - freshers fayre has TONS, corkscrew (you can use a key)

For the record, I found my printer very useful.

I'll be stocking up on the empty tins of beans...
Iron has to top the list for me.
The dryer for me seems to turn out my clothes just fine :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by bestofyou
I'll be stocking up on the empty tins of beans...

:rofl:
your mom

yay -6 neg points, mooooorrre i want -100!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by winning11
your mom

This. Dont bring your parents its okay if they are there to settle you in but you want them to leave quick so you can meet new people or a tv unless your not bothered paying for a licence. Desktop computer unless you dont mind it not being portable.
Reply 18
Original post by winning11
your mom

*mum
Original post by Talexe
Interesting... I was going to get one! I still might, because depending on what accommodation I get allocated I may be a 15 minute walk from the main campus and library - having a built-in scanner would be nice, too. :smile:

I wouldn't have been able to live without my printer....just the ease of it!

Quick Reply

Latest