The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nexl
I got 270/300 in Physics AS, but I plan to resit my Physics ISA, which I got a C in. Do I need to enter it again for ISA resits, or just exam resits?
If you are resitting a qualification, you enter it twice.
Reply 61
Original post by Minerva
If you are resitting a qualification, you enter it twice.

Thank you for your reply. If I choose to resit an AS ISA after submitting my UCAS form in October, will I need to contact UCAS to change this?
Reply 62
Original post by nexl
Thank you for your reply. If I choose to resit an AS ISA after submitting my UCAS form in October, will I need to contact UCAS to change this?
Yes, and your unis. It's very important to keep that sort of information up to date. The same applies if you decide not to take an exam that you had entered on your UCAS - even if it doesn't feature as part of your offer.
If I'm applying after I receive my a2 results what exactly do I have to enter ?
Reply 64
Original post by That Was So Funny!
All your GCSEs, all your AS grades (including new grades received as a result of resits) and your A level grades. If you retake those you put in the new grades as well as the original grades for those as well.
Reply 65
Original post by Minerva
Yes, and your unis. It's very important to keep that sort of information up to date. The same applies if you decide not to take an exam that you had entered on your UCAS - even if it doesn't feature as part of your offer.

OK, so just to make sure: I need to add Physics AS with my current grade, Physics AS as pending and Physics A2 as pending?
Original post by nexl
OK, so just to make sure: I need to add Physics AS with my current grade, Physics AS as pending and Physics A2 as pending?

Yes.
Reply 67
Original post by nexl
Yes, if you are retaking the Physics AS.
Reply 68
Original post by That Was So Funny!
You have a problem with my giving you the facts?
Reply 69
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Hey man I've got two questions:

1) Do unis other than Cambridge know and care if you repeated some AS modules within the same year? E.g. repeat a Jan module in yr 12 in june yr 12?

Original post by Minerva
(1) = Yes, because they will ask for this information on the supplementary questionnaire all applicants are asked to complete. (2)Sometimes, depending on the course. The top unis are increasingly less keen on module resits for some courses, and insist on results achieved at the first sitting. You will need to check very carefully that this doesn't apply to the course/uni you are interested in...

Sorry for the confusion, but does your response about the "supplementary questionnaire" mean that unis other than cam will not be able to see AS jan module resits in jun of AS year? I have resat one jan AS module in June of my AS year, to improve to a higher A. I understand this must be declared in the questionnaire for Cam, but does this have to be shown/ how can be be shown in UCAS? I think my college would cash in/certify the AS in the summer, so can I just put down the improved grade for the module in UCAS?

Thanks.
Reply 70
Original post by twig
Sorry for the confusion, but does your response about the "supplementary questionnaire" mean that unis other than cam will not be able to see AS jan module resits in jun of AS year? I have resat one jan AS module in June of my AS year, to improve to a higher A. I understand this must be declared in the questionnaire for Cam, but does this have to be shown/ how can be be shown in UCAS? I think my college would cash in/certify the AS in the summer, so can I just put down the improved grade for the module in UCAS?

Thanks.
It won't have to be shown on UCAS - you would just enter the module and the better of the two grades you got (remember that - mostly - entering module grades is optional anyway).
Original post by Minerva
If you are going to complete the qualification, you should enter it with a 'pending' result. If not, you can leave it out as one module of an AS won't gain you a certificated qualification.

Thank you for your help :smile: Just wanted to double-check.
Reply 72
Original post by Minerva

x

From year 10 to year 11, I studied abroad and they used the "US High School Diploma"but you only recieve the certificate after you graduate and I left to study A-levels in the UK. What should I write in the education section in UCAS?
Reply 73
Original post by Freiheit
From year 10 to year 11, I studied abroad and they used the "US High School Diploma"but you only recieve the certificate after you graduate and I left to study A-levels in the UK. What should I write in the education section in UCAS?
Enter the school in the US and the dates you attended. If you didn't stay long enough to get your diploma, what did you use to gain entry to the A level course here? I'd enter that, assuming you have evidence of attainment you can produce to the uni if necessary. You'll need to have something to confirm GCSE level equivalent achievement in English and Maths, for a start.
I was forced into doing an AS level in year 11, I got an E. Compared to my results yesterday, there is an incredible difference. I'm a hopeful medic applicant, must I declare my unfair E? And what will this do to my application?
Reply 75
Original post by Minerva
Enter the school in the US and the dates you attended. If you didn't stay long enough to get your diploma, what did you use to gain entry to the A level course here? I'd enter that, assuming you have evidence of attainment you can produce to the uni if necessary. You'll need to have something to confirm GCSE level equivalent achievement in English and Maths, for a start.

To gain entry to the Sixth Form, I used my results (transcripts) which you get every year but they are not qualifications. Would you recommend I write the courses and grades still? :confused:
Reply 76
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
I was forced into doing an AS level in year 11, I got an E. Compared to my results yesterday, there is an incredible difference. I'm a hopeful medic applicant, must I declare my unfair E? And what will this do to my application?
You'll have to declare it, but if you are doing a standard set of AS/A2s now, it shouldn't really make any difference. It will be obvious that you did the exam early.
Reply 77
Original post by Freiheit
To gain entry to the Sixth Form, I used my results (transcripts) which you get every year but they are not qualifications. Would you recommend I write the courses and grades still? :confused:
Yes, I think you should, since you have an official transcript. The Awarding Body becomes the High School, in that case.
Reply 78
Original post by Minerva
Yes, I think you should, since you have an official transcript. The Awarding Body becomes the High School, in that case.

I appreciate it. Thanks.
Reply 79
Hi
At GCSE I got 6a* 1a and 3b's, but i also did some b-tecs.
On my UCAS form does the BTEC's count as GCSE's as edexcel say they are equivalents.

Latest