The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Members' Questionnaire Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laus
Haha. :h:

Yeah, I'm not big on levitating heads.

It's ok; earlier I thought "the money is good" (my friend, who is working) said "the monkey is good". It took me a while to realise, and I actually had to think if a monkey had been mentioned in our previous conversations.

Hahaha! :laugh:

It's funny what a slight lapse of concentration can cause :mmm:
Reply 41
Original post by The Puppet Master
Hahaha! :laugh:

It's funny what a slight lapse of concentration can cause :mmm:

Aye. :smile:

How are you this evening?
Original post by Laus
Aye. :smile:

How are you this evening?

I am very well thank you; it's amazing how cookie dough makes me so happy. :teehee:

How are you, this fine... Wednesday morning? :h: when did it get late all of a sudden...
Reply 43
Original post by The Puppet Master
I am very well thank you; it's amazing how cookie dough makes me so happy. :teehee:

How are you, this fine... Wednesday morning? :h: when did it get late all of a sudden...

Mmmm, cookie dough.

I'm not bad thank you. Half working, half watching V for Vendetta. We just finished watch The A-Team; I love being a student!
1. What's your name? Owen
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? To chat to other LGBT-ers as I don't really have any LGBT friends in my hometown.
3. How old are you? 21
4. What's your gender? Male
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay :smile: Though I've considered asking a girl out before, I don't think it would work long term.
6. How long have you known your orientation? About 12/13 I reckon, though I didn't know the term 'gay' from before that so maybe I considered myself as such before but had no label for it.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I've recently sold out and bought a twinky tank top, I tend to get camper the more you know me but on first impressions people usually just think I'm eccentric rather than gay :rolleyes:
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Someone once genuinely attempted to kill me for being gay. No lie :s-smilie:
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yes, I've been out for approximately 4 years now. Everyone took it fine, a few friends said it took them a while to adjust because they'd never thought of me like that before but that's about it. My parents weren't fussed because they don't tend to pry into either me or my sister's private lives.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Since leaving uni, no.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I was the LGBT Society President at Kent Uni. My thoughts on LGBT societies can be found here.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I've been to one LGBT bar and one LGBT club, they were alright I guess. I went to a pride thing in my town once, it was pretty bad.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I'm a diehard Liberal Democrat even through all the mess they're in. LGBT legislation isn't generally big on the agenda these days as most inequalities are being sorted out so I guess I wouldn't be as affected by anything related to that, no.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yes, just started a new relationship, only been going for just under 2 months now.
15. What do you look for in a partner? It's hard to pin down individual criteria with me that I tend to find attractive. Physically I'm easily pleased and believe that I can come to enjoy a range of different body types etc. on their own individual merits. I've got a bit of a thing for gingers but it's definitely not a deal breaker by any stretch. Personality wise as long as we can talk and get on, maybe have some things in common then it's all good. I'm a true romantic :redface:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yep, mostly good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? I don't really go out on the scene much.
19. Name some fit famous people. I don't believe in dealing in unattainable fantasies.
20. Show us your picture? There're already enough in the main chat thread I believe.
1. What's your name? James
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Not especially - well, apart from getting to know the cool people of the TSRLGBTS, of course. My life would be empty without you. :tongue:
3. How old are you? 17
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay
6. How long have you known your orientation? 4 years or so? I really don't know!
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Not especially! I like musicals, I suppose. :awesome:
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? I'm barely out, so I've never been the target of it. I've experienced some indirect stuff, but nothing more than that.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I'm out to a grand total of... 1 person. My best friend tricked me into telling her, and was lovely about it. I'm putting off coming out any further 'til uni.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I know a couple of hilarious lesbinums (lovely people), but other than that: nada.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Nope
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I refer you to answer 11. :tongue:
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Not really - of course, I expect LGBT friendliness. If a group doesn't show it, I'll avoid them like the plague. Beyond that, not especially.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Single. :dry: Le sigh.
15. What do you look for in a partner? I like them kind and intelligent, romantic and optimistic. It helps if they're musical - we can make beautiful music together. :sexface:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? When I was quite a bit younger, yes. Good or bad? I think wet is the best description I can give, which says a lot.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No
19. Name some fit famous people. Erm... Vettel, Tennant, Matthew Lewis, Toby Flood... This is surprisingly difficult.
20. Show us your picture? I think not. :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by ATMarsden
TSRLGBTSQII

Hey, welcome. Come hang out in the chat thread.
Reply 47
Original post by dbmag9
Hey, welcome. Come hang out in the chat thread.

Thanks, mate. I've just sent a join request for the Soc,and been flicking through Chat VIII :L... I can see how we get through these so easily! :L
Reply 48
1. What's your name? Jan
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Just browsing TSR and found it :L
3. How old are you? 17
6. How long have you known your orientation?I have absolutely no idea, I've had attractions to guys for like ages but I didn't know what they were until about 4 years ago?
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Apparently I'm a bit camp but not like OTT and obv I like guys :L
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Nothing horrible just the usual comments thrown out by random people
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yeahh I am :smile: and most the people I know were absolutely fine with it. :smile:
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I know quite a few lesbians :smile:
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Nope
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Nope but a straight friend said he's taking me to Pride at some point.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I know nothing about politics for it to influence me
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Single :smile:
15. What do you look for in a partner? I don't want to limit it down to a number of qualities, people can surprise you :smile:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yeahh quite a few, some better than others :smile:
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No
19. Name some fit famous people. Ogod, errm Tom Daley, Mitch Hewer, Alex Pettyfer, Cam Gigandet...this is hard
20. Show us your picture? I cba
I just wanted t fill this in even though I'm not a member :p:

Anon because people know my username and I'd rather not be tracked :redface: Watch how this fails...

1. What's your name? J
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Not really
3. How old are you? 21
6. How long have you known your orientation? Many many years, acceptance on the other hand not so long :p:
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Not really
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Nope
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Only to a few friends in the last couple of years, they were fine with it. Some even were like ":zomg: I wouldn't have guessed" :p: Females for some reason immediately decide that I'd be good for shopping with :colonhash:
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A couple
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No, I went to the LGBT first gathering at the beginning of last year and it really wasn't my scene
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? See above
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Not really
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No
15. What do you look for in a partner? Personality, somewhat decent looks :p: :ninja:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes, pretty good fun :awesome:
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? I've been to a couple of places, although over the last couple of times I've realised people who hang around are usually older..
19. Name some fit famous people. Paul Walker, Jake Gyllenhaal, Gerrard Butler, Benjamin Godfre (ok not so famous but so attractive :p:)
20. Show us your picture? No
Reply 50
Original post by marie_
...and have a solid grasp of basic grammar

OMG So definitely agree with you here!

Why don't every-body speek proper like dat wot we duz?

*snickers* (I never spell it like that, but I never realised that the anagram of gingers was in the other spelling -.- :laugh:)
1. What's your name?Darren
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?No, not really - just to talk to some other LGBT people as I don't know many.
3. How old are you?16
4. What's your gender?M
5. What's your sexual orientation?G
6. How long have you known your orientation? About 3 years ago but I've only fully accepted it in the last few months.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I like musicals, glee and Drama
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? I've never had it directed to me as I'm not out but have heard it being directed to others.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? No and I'm not planning to until Uni.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? 2
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yeah
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?No
15. What do you look for in a partner? Hot, cute, Irish :biggrin:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? None
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No
19. Name some fit famous people. Darren Criss, Cameron and Damian from the Glee Project, Matt Smith and Brendan from HO
20. Show us your picture? No
1. What's your name? Anon. My parents are private people.
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? I'd like to say to chat but I shan't be "out" until I move to uni.
3. How old are you? 18.
4. What's your gender? Male.
5. What's your sexual orientation? 4.5 on the Kinsey Scale.
6. How long have you known your orientation? I um, experimented when I was 12, so since then probably.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I don't consider myself especially camp, but... I like Mary Poppins, shopping and Lady Gaga. Usually, I'm not particularly feminine though. I's rather talk about Liverpool FC than fashion.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not directly, but in general, a bit.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I'm out to about 6 friends. They all took it fine. My parents won't know until university, I like to think they'll take it well. My grandfather is the only guy who's reaction I worry about.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? One, and only barely. Kinda looking forward to uni to meet some more.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Not really my scene. I don't like to make my sexuality the main trait of myself.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Same as above. ^_^
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Relatively so. I won't support any openly homophobic parties. Though I'm a tribalist Orange Book Lib Dem anyway.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope, none. :cry:
15. What do you look for in a partner? Prefer cute to hot, kinda half masculine and half camp, Irish or Scandinavian is a bonus.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Two. One was great. The other, not so much.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nah, nothing more than snogging. Wasn't bad though.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Nope, since I'm still mostly in the closet and I live in one of the infamous "small towns".
19. Name some fit famous people. Tom Daley, Tom Felton, this guy that was on a Microsoft advert ages ago...
20. Show us your picture? Negative.
1. What's your name? Anon. My parents are private people.
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? I'd like to say to chat but I shan't be "out" until I move to uni.
3. How old are you? 18.
4. What's your gender? Male.
5. What's your sexual orientation? 4.5 on the Kinsey Scale.
6. How long have you known your orientation? I um, experimented when I was 12, so since then probably.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I don't consider myself especially camp, but... I like Mary Poppins, shopping and Lady Gaga. Usually, I'm not particularly feminine though. I's rather talk about Liverpool FC than fashion.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not directly, but in general, a bit.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I'm out to about 6 friends. They all took it fine. My parents won't know until university, I like to think they'll take it well. My grandfather is the only guy who's reaction I worry about.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? One, and only barely. Kinda looking forward to uni to meet some more.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Not really my scene. I don't like to make my sexuality the main trait of myself.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Same as above. ^_^
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Relatively so. I won't support any openly homophobic parties. Though I'm a tribalist Orange Book Lib Dem anyway.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope, none. :cry:
15. What do you look for in a partner? Prefer cute to hot, kinda half masculine and half camp, Irish or Scandinavian is a bonus.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Two. One was great. The other, not so much.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nah, nothing more than snogging. Wasn't bad though.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Nope, since I'm still mostly in the closet and I live in one of the infamous "small towns".
19. Name some fit famous people. Tom Daley, Tom Felton, this guy that was on a Microsoft advert ages ago...
20. Show us your picture? Negative.

Sorry about my previous post. I'd appreciate if a mod could delete it. :colondollar:
Reply 54
TSRLGBTSQII
1. What's your name? - Alexander
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? - Nothing specific
3. How old are you? - 19
4. What's your gender? - Male
5. What's your sexual orientation? - Bisexual, although more inclined to heterosexuality
6. How long have you known your orientation? - No idea? I just am
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? - Not aware there are any but for questions sake, nay
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? - Not at all
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? - Nothing really to be "out" about I believe I don't immediately jump at people laying clairvoyance upon how I find certain males attractive
10. Do you know many LGBT people? - A few
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? - None at all, nor do I have an interest in them
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? - N/A
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? - Nay
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? - Not in a relationship as of current
15. What do you look for in a partner? - A very broad set of things
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? - One, was meh
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? - Of course, was good and bad dependent on said person.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? - Nope
19. Name some fit famous people. - Lol?
20. Show us your picture? - Would be happy to on a site different to that of TSR
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dbmag9
I got bored and wanted to redo the questionnaire, so it's now slightly less intrusive and doesn't assume a gender binary, among other things. Copy it into a post and answer as much or as little as you want. :woo:

TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name? Sean
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? nothing
3. How old are you? 22, 11 months
4. What's your gender? male
5. What's your sexual orientation? havent decide yet, oh wtf bisex i guess lol
6. How long have you known your orientation? 2006
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? absolutely not
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? was called gay a lot at school,
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?
10. Do you know many LGBT people? 2 gay guys i used to work with, wish i had more gay friends though
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? no
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? no
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? no
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? no
15. What do you look for in a partner? N/A
11. ...and what was it like? HAD THE OPPORTUNITY to have sex many times, but ive got a lot of self respect. i wont sleep with just about anyone. I need to love you or have deep feelings for you first.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? was molested as a kid, **** happens
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? no
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? no, im actually afraid of ;the scene' lol
19. Name some fit famous people. im more attracted to ordinary people
20. Show us your picture?
maybe later
TSRLGBTSQII
1. What's your name? Howard
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Just thought it would be nice :smile:
3. How old are you? 28 next week, so I guess that counts!
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay.
6. How long have you known your orientation? Since 1995/6 sometime
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Well, I like musicals/theatre and 80's Madonna, haha.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Yep, but nothing more serious than name-calling.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I've been out since I was 16. My mum just said "well I always fancied men too", and that was that. I think I was more upset about saying it than she was to hear it.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Yeah, I've got several lesbian and gay friends.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Nope. Having observed the one at my university when I was a student, I was distinctly put off. The primary intention of it was to go clubbing and get off with each other.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I went to Pride in the Park in Hyde Park 2003. The live music was pretty good, but I was rather put off by some very unfriendly and judgemental comments from some of the other people there. I was under the impression that Pride was supposed to be a welcoming/friendly atmosphere, but I didn't find it to be so. Haven't gone to Pride events since, and to be honest, they don't look like my kind of thing.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yes.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Not really looking for a partner. If you go looking for something, you're not very likely to find it.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes, several good experiences and a few bad ones too... but that's growing up for you!
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Nope, I dislike the scene. I have friends who will only go out on the scene and I'm not too sure why people feel the need to go off to a room somewhere and all be gay together, when a nice regular pub will do, but each to their own...
19. Name some fit famous people. River Phoenix was beautiful, and Paul Newman was the nicest man who ever lived.
20. Show us your picture? Nope.
1. What's your name? Hannah
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? No, just thought I'd have a bit of a nose :smile:
3. How old are you? 20
4. What's your gender? Female
5. What's your sexual orientation? Lesbian
6. How long have you known your orientation? For as long as I can remember.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Possibly? I wear flannel shirts and jeans a lot... And I'm a veggie...
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not really, had a hardcore Christian at uni tell me I was going to hell. That's about it.
9. Are you out?For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I've been out to friends since I was 17, came out to my parents when I was 18. Friends were fine, parents absolutely flipped.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Yup I know quite a few.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Yep at uni. Its a good place to meet new people.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Only uni run stuff, and they were good :smile:
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I guess so.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Nothing specific really - good sense of humour and having stuff in common.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? I have indeed. Mostly good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yup, mostly bad.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? I do - GBar in Liverpool ftw :smile:
19. Name some fit famous people. Err off the top of my head; Sarah Shahi, Kate Beckinsale, Katy Perry, Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz...
20. Show us your picture? :ninja:
(edited 12 years ago)
1. What's your name?

Schmokie Dragon/Azrayel - RL name is for RL, online name is for online :wink:

2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?

I like filling out questionnaires.

3. How old are you?

4. What's your gender?

Female.

5. What's your sexual orientation?

Anthrosexual.

6. How long have you known your orientation?

4 years.

7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?

Maybe. I'm in an open relationship (which some might say is 'stereotypical' for anthros) and I'm also into kink. I don't present in any particular style -I don't look femme, I don't look butch, I don't look alt, etc - but I do prefer alt/gothic/cyber/industrial/hippy fashions. I'm also vegan and a bit of a hippy. I have a lot of companion animals. I'm not sure what sort of stereotypes exist for anthros, to be honest. We're not really on the social radar yet.

8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?

Some indirect homo-phobia and bi-phobia, and some direct bi-phobia (both within and outside of LGBT). A lot of people (especially on here) find my sexual orientation very strange, and I've had some very direct and very aggressive 'hate messages' from people telling me I don't exist, I'm ****ed up or I am a pretentious idiot who should go shoot herself and do the world a favour. Wahey!

9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?

I am out to everyone, with a tiny number of exceptions (mostly older family members who would find the whole thing too bizarre for words). Loads of people don't know, but that's just because I don't tend to include my orientation in introductions.

10. Do you know many LGBT people?

Yes. A lot.

11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?

I was LGBT Officer for YUSU (University of York Students' Union) for a year, and I was also on the executive committee for LGBT Social (YUSU's social society aimed at LGBT people and their friends). I was also LGBT Rep. for my college (Langwith) for two years while at York. I really enjoyed my time and although the ride wasn't always smooth, I think the work we did was very valuable and I would honestly recommend people get involved if they go to York.

12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?

Too many to count. I've been to a ton and I've organised a ton. Everything from film nights and meet-and-greets, to club trips, late-night city trips (such as going to Canal Street) and major campus social events. We also organised loads of more serious events, such as debates, talks and open-meetings.

13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?

Yes.

14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?

Yes. I've been with my male partner for over three years.

15. What do you look for in a partner?

Chemistry, compassion and charisma. Trust, affection, intelligence and curiosity. Humour and maturity. Looks are secondary, and gender isn't a factor.

16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?

Yes. Limited, but enjoyable. Hoping for more!

17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?

My romatic partners have all been male. I've not had sexual contact with anyone outside of the 'traditional' cis-gender binary. Which for some silly reason makes me a little sad. I don't feel like a proper anthro when I've spent most of my adult life having sex with cis-gendered men. Can't control who you fall for, I suppose.

18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?

I don't anymore. Too busy working and being boring. I used to go to LGBT nights in York every week, and I've been to LGBT clubs in Leeds and Manchester, as well as some LGBT bars in London. I can heartily recommend Canal Street for a good night out, but it is very 'gay' and some people might prefer something less stereotypical.

19. Name some fit famous people.

Oh jeez. Trent Reznor, Daniel Craig (he's sexy-ugly), Natalie Portman, Angelina Jolie, Juno Temple, Kiera Knightly, John Cameron Mitchell (as Hedwig), Summer Glau, Michelle Rodriguez, Karen Gillan, the tom-boy from Brown Eyed Girls, Patrick Stewart (even if he is getting old), Wilem Dafoe (ditto). I don't keep an eye on celebrity culture so unless they've been in a film or are a musician, chances are I won't have seen them.

Profile.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
1. What's your name?
Jamie.
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?
Not really - maybe a little advice here and there.
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Agendered (trans-masculine).
5. What's your sexual orientation?
Bisexual.
6. How long have you known your orientation?
I've known my orientation since I was 5, and began experiencing gender dysphoria at age 10.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?
Not in the slightest. But, I can be a bit camp sometimes, if that counts?
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?
The parental side of my family have said some particularly hurtful things about my being transgendered but I have never been discriminated against for either my orientation or gender.
I've been out as bisexual since I was 12-13 and I've been progressively coming out as trans since October of last year. There are still some of my friends who don't know.
10. Do you know many LGBT people?
Plenty. I dated a fellow trans man before he or I came out and we're still good friends, and a few of my friends are gay, lesbian or bisexual but I only really do the whole LGBT thing online rather than IRL. Most of my friends are cisgendered and straight.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
I'm planning to join the LGBT soc at Bradford, and that'll be my first foray into that.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?
I went to a QYN meet once in London but I don't plan to again.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?
To an extent. LGBT rights, emphasis on the T, effect me personally, so I suppose they do.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?
I'm not in a relationship but I'm interested in another trans man at the moment and don't intend to be in a relationship until I know that has no chance of happening.
15. What do you look for in a partner?
Someone tolerant of my body dysphoria and someone who is tolerant of my tendency to be an ass. A nice face, a good sense of humour, and a great taste in music is all favourable.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?
Plenty of sexual experience with men, some of it good, some of it bad. Never as enjoyable as I wanted it to be due to my supressed gender dysphoria.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?
One sexual experience with a woman when I was 14, and my only one as of yet and likely ever.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?
Never been to a club or bar, let alone an LGB-inclusive one.
19. Name some fit famous people.
Joel Zimmerman, Jon Gooch, Sonny Moore, Richard Madden, Christina Hendricks, Olivia Wilde, Ellen Paige, Emilia Clarke.
I'd rather not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending