The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The Official University of Birmingham Freshers 2011 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Ok I have no idea how to use this site and probably gonna fail somewhere along the lines haha but I'll try not to make a fool of myself :smile: Anywhoo was wondering if anyone is doing human biology on here?? i cant find anyone :frown: also i haven't had my accommodation email yet, so not sure on which package to go for! thinking bronze, but for an extra £10 for Tinchy Stryer isnt so bad! :smile: x
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 221
Original post by meganjoy
Name: Megan
Course: Biological Sciences
Accommodation: Oakley Court, Flat 21
Moving from: Melton Mowbray

:smile:

im doing biological sciences too !! :biggrin:
Reply 222
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Hey guys, sorry to butt in on the thread :smile:

I'm applying for Birmingham for History and got pretty disappointing AS Results : BCC

As you guys have been through the whole Bham experience, what are they like on AS? Is there a chance I could still be given an offer?

hey i gt CCC in my AS but did really well in my jan exams. i was intially rejected, but phoned then up as soon as i gt my results and they decided to give me an offer. try extra hard in your jan exams and you should be fine. hope this helps :smile:
Original post by K15HAN
hey i gt CCC in my AS but did really well in my jan exams. i was intially rejected, but phoned then up as soon as i gt my results and they decided to give me an offer. try extra hard in your jan exams and you should be fine. hope this helps :smile:

Ah that's cool :tongue: what subject?
Reply 224
Original post by K15HAN
im doing biological sciences too !! :biggrin:

Yay! :smile: I'm so excited!
Reply 225
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Ah that's cool :tongue: what subject?

im going to do biological sciences at uni. but in a levels i did maths, business, maths and physics. for AS i got C's in maths bio and bus, a D in physics. in A2 i eded up with ABB, A in maths and B in business and bio, also i got an A in general studies. what subjects are you doing?
Reply 226
Original post by meganjoy
Yay! :smile: I'm so excited!

same here cant wait, i was looking throgh the thread and u r the first person i seen doing biological sciences as well.
Original post by K15HAN
im going to do biological sciences at uni. but in a levels i did maths, business, maths and physics. for AS i got C's in maths bio and bus, a D in physics. in A2 i eded up with ABB, A in maths and B in business and bio, also i got an A in general studies. what subjects are you doing?

Gonna do history at Uni, for A levels I'm doing History, English Lit, and Politics
Reply 228
Original post by cwall7

Original post by cwall7
Anyone studying Human biology 3yr?
I missed my grades by one, instead of getting ABB i got BBBC and ive got another C at AS so im hoping thats what got me the place lol.

Hey, I hope I've got this right, and that I am replying to you haha otherwise this will make me look silly :smile: Butt I'm doing human Bio too! :biggrin: have you got accommodation yet?
Original post by ultravioletmoon
yeah I was thinking about doing that, just for the ball really so that'd be bette :biggrin:r...
I am nervous about starting though, excited too but ya know! :smile:

they sell the tickets for 20 quid
Reply 230
Original post by paperpheasant

Original post by paperpheasant
they sell the tickets for 20 quid

hey u no ur IB score, its either i gt my maths wrong but from the figures shown frm the IB grades provided they add up to 36 not 37. sorry if im wrong.
Reply 231
Original post by hillface123
heyy, what block in maple bank have you been allocated?:smile:

block 4 you? :smile:
Original post by lisalilsmartass
Ooh congrats!!!! :smile: You must be so thrilled!
What was your original offer if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, and no worries it was BBB including general studies :biggrin:
Name: Tamara
Course: Anthropology and African Studies
Accommodation: Ashcroft Block 2, flat 18
Moving from: London

I wanna say a huuuge hello to everyone! *waves*
Reply 234
No-one in Mason?! :/
Original post by Dandaman1
lol no way, I live in wendover! (said Aylesbury cos no-one really knows wendover :colondollar:)

Did you go to John Colet school??

Seriously?!! yh i always put aylesbury unless its someone near :P. what you studying?

Nah i went to the high school :smile: xx
Original post by Choo-Choo
Anyone studying Medical science?

Hi I am second year medical science student...welcome
Reply 237
Has anyone Registered for the my.bham portal yet? If so how'd you do that ?
Original post by asem93
Has anyone Registered for the my.bham portal yet? If so how'd you do that ?

To register on my bham you will have to wait till you get welcome pack. the pack will contain username and password. Then you can register......
Reply 239
Name: naheda
Course: psychology
Accommodation: offer from the beeches
Moving from: london

anyone else got an offer from the beeches? what do you think of it? WHY IS IT SO FAR!!!!!!?!!!

Quick Reply