The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dunnicare

Original post by dunnicare
Is there an I-SOC? :ninja:

For a list of societies, look here :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
For a list of societies, look here :smile:

:gthumb: Thanks.
im thinking of applying to uea next year and thats cool to know they have a paintballing club !!
Reply 23
Thanks alot Baby-Boo :smile:
Reply 24
Can you bring your car with you
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Can you bring your car with you

parking on campus is seriously limited, so they strongly advise not to
Reply 26
had problem in registeration process...will reg people reply my email.....!!!!
I've been looking at the Sports Park website and it seems like the membership doesn't cover classes etc. As well as joining the gym, I'd like to take aerobics classes. Can you get a membership for these too? And if so then how much for?
Original post by SarahDylan

I've been looking at the Sports Park website and it seems like the membership doesn't cover classes etc. As well as joining the gym, I'd like to take aerobics classes. Can you get a membership for these too? And if so then how much for?

Classes are £3 per class (iirc) or you can by a ticket for 5 classes that costs £11 :smile:
Also, with the twin rooms, do you get a desk & wardrobe each or do you share those too? In the accommodation guide there's only one of each between two so it looks as if you have half the space of others :frown:

Also, with the twin rooms, do you get a desk & wardrobe each or do you share those too? In the accommodation guide there's only one of each between two so it looks as if you have half the space of others :frown:

No I'm 99% sure you have one each for both :smile:

Edit: Just checked the floorplan - you definitely have one each!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Hey! Do we get "reading" weeks at UEA? My friends at UCL and Notts did, Leicester didn't(!) Is it course dependant? Thanks!
Reply 32
Original post by 2K11
Hey! Do we get "reading" weeks at UEA? My friends at UCL and Notts did, Leicester didn't(!) Is it course dependant? Thanks!

Yup, it's course and module dependant. Most of my flatmates had reading weeks, but I never did for English Lit, save in one module. You could have one in none, some or all of your modules, it depends really!
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
No I'm 99% sure you have one each for both :smile:

Edit: Just checked the floorplan - you definitely have one each!

Where can I see this floor plan? Ah that's such a massive relief - I was a little worried!

Where can I see this floor plan? Ah that's such a massive relief - I was a little worried!

Here :smile:

Obviously the wardrobes are the things with the hangers on - one desk has a chair and the other doesn't for some reason, but they'll both be desks and chairs :p:
Reply 35
I did biological sciences at UEA - so any questions, just ask away :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by abuelzouz
had problem in registeration process...will reg people reply my email.....!!!!

Worth remembering we had a Bank Holiday Monday so responses will have been slower than normal this week.
Original post by Sockhead
I've been reading up on accommodation and what not, but I haven't seen anywhere that answers my question: Are you in halls for the three+ years? If not, how much is accommodation in Norwich (renting a place for 2nd and 3rd years) - generally expensive or reasonable?

Also I have been reading about the social life which sound fab, but I was wondering if the Waterfront/LSR are based on campus or a bus ride away?

Sorry if these answers are very easy to find - I'm getting very stressed with this stuff and am giving up after 5 min of trying to sort anything related to uni out!

Thanks again

As Babyboom has said you get one year of accommodation in our residences, that is unless you are an Overseas fees paying Undergraduate (from outside of the EU). If you are an overseas student you get accommodation for your whole course as an undergraduate.

Sorry to report this but there is one large wardrobe that you both share in the twin rooms. The two hanger icons just mean that it is storage area. The style of desk varies from room to room.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by UEAAccommodation

Original post by UEAAccommodation
Sorry to report this but there is one large wardrobe that you both share in the twin rooms. The two hanger icons just mean that it is storage area. The style of desk varies from room to room.

You need to change your floorplan then :p:
Reply 39
I got the registration e-mail and accidentally closed the registration site as I was filling in the information. I have my username but where does my password come from? I don't remember setting one and now I can't get back in...

EDIT: Never mind, I got back in by clicking the link in the e-mail :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest