The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Anyone apply to/heard anything back from SWIP?
Is it worth applying to trading grad schemes if you haven't done an internship?
Original post by Alpha Paradox
Is it worth applying to trading grad schemes if you haven't done an internship?

I'm going to try this, so I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes. :dontknow:
Reply 83
Original post by greg100max
I called to see for fast track availability at Barcap for grad scheme for people with internships. They said they are not doing that this year, as they are only taking graduates from their current interns.

So HR basically said that they are not giving offers to anyone not in their intern class?
Reply 84
Original post by Hampstead_K
GS don't do tests for London FO as far as i know.

Called HR at GS and they said they are completing internship offers and will then know spaces for 2012 grads in the Securities Division.

Presume UBS are not (have heard internship intake only) whilst I think Barcap are bullish.

*all my presumptions are based on friends working at various levels within Sales & Trading only.

So UBS are only hiring from their intern class? Have you heard any more on this?
Nothing more, UBS HR are frustrating with their lack of response to my various harrassment techniques.
Reply 86
Original post by Hampstead_K
Nothing more, UBS HR are frustrating with their lack of response to my various harrassment techniques.

I emailed today too but if you aren't getting a response then I doubt I'll get one too. Anyway I sent off my summer internship application.
Are you a penultimate year student?
Reply 88
Original post by Frontier
Yes. Tests have been done though no word since. Hopefully HR will get in contact shortly.

Original post by robotic_dancer
Saw my application said "interview stage", guess that just means tests

hi guys, how did you apply for DB markets grad? When i go on the website the only options for UK Analyst Training Program are Finance, Ops, Risks, PW and Transaction Banking.

I can see CIB Markets for Interns

Thanks
Reply 89
Original post by alex_hk90
I'm going to try this, so I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes. :dontknow:

Finally!
Reply 90
Original post by .x.g.x.
hi guys, how did you apply for DB markets grad? When i go on the website the only options for UK Analyst Training Program are Finance, Ops, Risks, PW and Transaction Banking.

I can see CIB Markets for Interns

Thanks

Hey, I think it opened and closed within a week in August.
Reply 91
Original post by Frontier
So HR basically said that they are not giving offers to anyone not in their intern class?

BarCap took 450 interns this year compared to 370 last year (London numbers only) and is planning to take on fewer grads next year when compared when compared to this year.

The vast majority (probably 90% plus) of FO BarCap grads this year had internships last year so it is quite likely that they are not hiring many people who didn't intern with them.
Original post by ebam_uk
Finally!

To be honest I'm not that confident as I also have the complication of being abroad so won't be able to attend assessment centres unless they can hold them in Beijing. :tongue:
Reply 93

Niice good luck. I've been watching Million Dollar Traders today in any case!

How important internships are in general when you apply to these schemes out of curiosty?
Reply 94
To be honest I'm not that confident as I also have the complication of being abroad so won't be able to attend assessment centres unless they can hold them in Beijing. :tongue:

They might fly you in, pay for the costs of flights so you can do AC's. Unless your looking to work in China offices?
Looks like I'll have to apply for te Deutsche Bank 2012 Markets Internship given that they've closed the grad scheme already. And Deutsche don't even take final year interns!
Reply 96
Applied to UBS, RBS and BarCap
Original post by ebam_uk
They might fly you in, pay for the costs of flights so you can do AC's. Unless your looking to work in China offices?

That would be fun. :yep: I'm looking to work back in the UK. :smile:
Original post by crcr
Anyone apply to/heard anything back from SWIP?

I'll be applying to SWIP at some point. Is AM your main interest?
Reply 99
Original post by thegaffer91
I'll be applying to SWIP at some point. Is AM your main interest?

Yes. I posted as I got a pretty strange e-mail a day or so after applying and wondered how many people got the same one.

Quick Reply