The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy King

Is the apron a short or long one, if it's short then wear it, if it's long just take the whole package back to the store. If you don't have uniform wear a White top and smart trousers and then the apron on top.

Yes it is a short one so i'll do that. Thank you :smile:
Just back home from welcome event at Stratford way better than my expectations I can't wait to start training :smile:.
Original post by charly1991
Just back home from welcome event at Stratford way better than my expectations I can't wait to start training :smile:.

Which one were you?

I found it to be quite awesome, met some cool people who'd be on my section.
Original post by itsmyname
Which one were you?

which one were u ? i was erm black suit blue and white squared shirt haha it was cool
(edited 12 years ago)
Which one were you?

PS i so wanted to win that jam lol
Which one were you?

Original post by charly1991
PS i so wanted to win that jam lol

Boooo. I couldn't go to tonights Welcome Event and now I feel that I've missed out! I'm not looking forward to the training day on Friday, can't believe that it's basically a WHOLE day :frown: And I bet I get lost trying to find where it is!
****, I forgot to ask, do all branches have lockerooms, or an area where you can change? Please tell me they do, there may be some days that I come straight from uni and I'll have to change into the uniform in store (hopefully my uni timetable will be awesome and I don't need to worry about any of that)
Reply 5127
****, I forgot to ask, do all branches have lockerooms, or an area where you can change? Please tell me they do, there may be some days that I come straight from uni and I'll have to change into the uniform in store (hopefully my uni timetable will be awesome and I don't need to worry about any of that)

Most new 'core' stores, have a unisex locker room with separate changing faclities and toilets.
Original post by .Scout.
Boooo. I couldn't go to tonights Welcome Event and now I feel that I've missed out! I'm not looking forward to the training day on Friday, can't believe that it's basically a WHOLE day :frown: And I bet I get lost trying to find where it is!

Ah my first day is on a saturday they must have split us all up :O
I'm getting a bit fed up of Waitrose now :mad: I got invited to a second interview which took place last week but as I was on holiday I couldn't make either of the two dates. I emailed before the interviews took place to ask for another time to do it and phoned up.. but the personnel manager was busy so couldn't talk and I left a message. It's been a week and still no reply.. so i phoned again yesterday after having gotten back from holiday leaving yet another message and still no reply after being told they'd get back to me! This is so annoying as I really want this job :frown:
Reply 5130
Original post by .Scout.
Good:
There is so much to do that time goes SO QUICKLY. There isn't time for you to be bored as there is always cleaning/paperwork/customers to serve. An 8 hour shift goes pretty damn fast.

It's interesting to learn about the products. There is also lots of cheese to be sampled!

You are learning a skill. Checkouts and shelf stacking is dull and easy but on Meat and Fish I have learnt loads of things. It's pretty impressive to say that I can gut and fillet fish!

Bad:
If you hate cleaning, then well...bad luck. There is A LOT to do.

The counters are cold. I have to wear lots of layers under my work uniform in an attempt to keep warm!

Overall: I LOVE working on Food Service. In the past I have worked on both Checkouts and shop floor and Food Service has by far been my favourite!

thanks very much! during your training phase do you get taught about how long things should be cooked for/what the best cut of beef is etc in case the customers ask you, or are you expected to know all that already? :smile:
Most new 'core' stores, have a unisex locker room with separate changing faclities and toilets.

Sorry to sound like a noob but is the Stratford Westfield one a core store?
Reply 5132
Sorry to sound like a noob but is the Stratford Westfield one a core store?

Lol.. Any store that isn't convenience is a core store.
How long should the letter telling me i've got a jobtake to arrive from the email saying i should have it in the next few days? and what will it say? i got the email friday but havent got letter yet and i'm worrying that it's going to say i should come for my first day on ____ date and i'll miss it!
Reply 5134
Original post by 500DaysOfSummer
How long should the letter telling me i've got a jobtake to arrive from the email saying i should have it in the next few days? and what will it say? i got the email friday but havent got letter yet and i'm worrying that it's going to say i should come for my first day on ____ date and i'll miss it!

Sorry didn't mean to Neg you.... Pressed the wrong button!

If you were sent an e mail on Friday and have accepted the offer, then a letter will of probably been produced yesterday or today. Personnel Managers generally don't work at the weekends.
Sorry didn't mean to Neg you.... Pressed the wrong button!

If you were sent an e mail on Friday and have accepted the offer, then a letter will of probably been produced yesterday or today. Personnel Managers generally don't work at the weekends.

Okay thanks! the email said 'a letter is now in the post' though...

I've done the health questionnaire so i guess i just need to be patient now haha! i really want to find out my shifts/section - i'm way too keen for this job!! :redface:
Ok so it turns out I got contacted a month after my interview and they want to bring me in to see the section manager, I have no idea what to wear?

I am not sure if this is just a little chat, and is not as formal as the actual interview, should I wear something smart but casual or smart and formal?
Passed the phone interview for my local store. Invited to a group interview - can anyone tell me what to expect?
Original post by GeoGeoGeo
Ok so it turns out I got contacted a month after my interview and they want to bring me in to see the section manager, I have no idea what to wear?

I am not sure if this is just a little chat, and is not as formal as the actual interview, should I wear something smart but casual or smart and formal?

Definitely smart casual, verging more on the smart! No jeans!
Reply 5139
Original post by GeoGeoGeo

Dress smart, always look smart :smile: Remember what the unifrom is like so your going to have to wear a shirt etc anyway :smile: Also the SM (Section Manager) will just want to have a chat with you whilst probably showing you round the section of the store.

Latest

Trending

Trending