The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medicine Applicants 2012 :)

For all those lethal people also applying to Lancaster

y'know what to do :wink:

Scroll to see replies

I think I will be applying here :P Depends on UKCAT score...
Original post by areyousure?
I think I will be applying here :P Depends on UKCAT score...

They don't use the UKCAT so.. :wink:
Original post by AmbitiousMedic
They don't use the UKCAT so.. :wink:

hahaha this is true :P I think I meant it because if I get a good UKCAT I may choose BSMS... not very sure!
Original post by areyousure?
hahaha this is true :P I think I meant it because if I get a good UKCAT I may choose BSMS... not very sure!

Oh my bad, maybe I misunderstood your comment :P Oh do BSMS like UKCAT? I was thinking of applying there, but my UKCAT isn't the most competitive out there :frown: Where else are you thinking of applying if you don't mind me asking :rolleyes:
Oh my bad, maybe I misunderstood your comment :P Oh do BSMS like UKCAT? I was thinking of applying there, but my UKCAT isn't the most competitive out there :frown: Where else are you thinking of applying if you don't mind me asking :rolleyes:

I'm a resit reapplicant :P so I was thinking about Liverpool, Lancaster, Peninsula, Manchester, BSMS. Need to get rid of one of them but then unis change their resit policies every week!
Hi im not sure about whether to apply to lancaster or liverpool..... I was a bit reluctant to apply to lancaster because it only has 50 places so I thought I may be cutting down my options and I cant find any stats of how many apply for lancaster......... what is your thoughts on this? :smile:
Original post by katiehockey22
Hi im not sure about whether to apply to lancaster or liverpool..... I was a bit reluctant to apply to lancaster because it only has 50 places so I thought I may be cutting down my options and I cant find any stats of how many apply for lancaster......... what is your thoughts on this? :smile:

I am having the same problem :/
There's very little information about medicine at lancaster.

btw does anybody know the code in there is A105 and not A100???
Visited there on Saturday and love it :smile: definitely applying here :smile:
Visited there on Saturday and love it :smile: definitely applying here :smile:

I'm thinking of applying too :biggrin: It's an awesome uni! Did you find any more information on admissions and applying.. the website isn't very detailed on the whole process! Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 10
I'm thinking of applying too :biggrin: It's an awesome uni! Did you find any more information on admissions and applying.. the website isn't very detailed on the whole process! Thanks :biggrin:

It's probably the same as what's advertised on Liverpool's website

Original post by ingridnicacio
I am having the same problem :/
There's very little information about medicine at lancaster.

btw does anybody know the code in there is A105 and not A100???

My friend who is in year 2 now there (plus i have another now in year 1) said she spoke to the admissions officer and they have about the same odds as liverpool. They don't broadcast the information 'cus it might put people off i assume.

Apparently liverpool got about 4000 applications last year, maybe a bit more i cant remember for 300 and something places, and that Lancaster only has 50 places and although i dont know the number of applicants (which i assume is golddust to find) the application: place ratio is practically the same as liverpools.

hope this helps :smile:

EDIT: also the way the application is marked is the exact same as how liverpool do it except its marked by staff at lancaster and not staff at liverpool.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laurenl93
My friend who is in year 2 now there (plus i have another now in year 1) said she spoke to the admissions officer and they have about the same odds as liverpool. They don't broadcast the information 'cus it might put people off i assume.

Apparently liverpool got about 4000 applications last year, maybe a bit more i cant remember for 300 and something places, and that Lancaster only has 50 places and although i dont know the number of applicants (which i assume is golddust to find) the application: place ratio is practically the same as liverpools.

hope this helps :smile:

EDIT: also the way the application is marked is the exact same as how liverpool do it except its marked by staff at lancaster and not staff at liverpool.

Thanks, it did help!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey,

i'm also thinking of applying to either Lancaster / Liverpool or both. Could anyone shed some light on how they select for interview? I'm re-sitting chemistry this year so I think these unis are a good choice as they seem fairly open to retakers. It's really between Lancaster and UEA right now but I know UEA require you to achieve an A* if resitting one subject. Does anyone know what a resit offer from Lancs is likely to be? Because if it's an A then it might be a safer choice for me! Thanksss
I'm applying here :smile:
Wow Lancaster is so popular
Original post by laurenl93
Wow Lancaster is so popular

Haha! I applied here! Do you know by any chance the cut off GCSE score for Lancaster? Would they use an identical one to that of Liverpool University, even though Lancaster has significantly less applicants? :s Thanks!
Haha! I applied here! Do you know by any chance the cut off GCSE score for Lancaster? Would they use an identical one to that of Liverpool University, even though Lancaster has significantly less applicants? :s Thanks!

Yeah they use the same GCSE cut off since they're basically just an extension of liverpool med school.

Haha yeah, but they have significantly less places than liverpool so the applicant: place ratio is about the same as liverpool unfortunately :frown:
Reply 18
Hi I can't decide between Lancaster and Keele

16 points in total for GCSE
AAAA for AS
A*A*A for prediction
Very good PS and long term voluntary work (4 years)

Help please :\

Also, does Lancaster employ a gcse points system cut off score anyone?
Reply 19
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Hi I can't decide between Lancaster and Keele

16 points in total for GCSE
AAAA for AS
A*A*A for prediction
Very good PS and long term voluntary work (4 years)

Help please :\

Also, does Lancaster employ a gcse points system cut off score anyone?

Keele will take you. They love high predictions!!! Also good referance. Not so much on PS tbh. I got an offer low ukcat and a crappy PS LOL

Quick Reply

Latest