The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Anyone at the Burnley Campus?

I'm starting at UCLAN in September studying LLB Law at the Burnley campus.

I'm wondering who else is studying here?
Reply 1
I'm off to UCLan but the preston campus - I live pretty much in Burnley though!

Have you got your welcome stuff through yet?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by SarahXo

Original post by SarahXo
I'm off to UCLan but the preston campus - I live pretty much in Burnley though!

Have you got your welcome stuff through yet?

Is Burnley nice? Is there any good night clubs and stuff?
I used to live in preston for 7 years when I was little so I have a connection with the area - I hope Burnley is nice.

For the welcome pack - I haven't as of yet, but I shall be getting them soon. Have you?
Reply 3
Original post by justiceisjust
Is Burnley nice? Is there any good night clubs and stuff?
I used to live in preston for 7 years when I was little so I have a connection with the area - I hope Burnley is nice.

For the welcome pack - I haven't as of yet, but I shall be getting them soon. Have you?

It's ok, quite popular for nights out and stuff! I've just had mine through today :smile:
Reply 4
I'm studying at Burnley, been told about the free bus from preston so I'm happy about that :smile:
Reply 5
I'm Going To Burnley, Getting A Student House There!

I'm studying at the Burnley campus and also the same course :smile:

But , am having trouble sorting out accommodation. Are there any halls on the burnley campus?
Original post by Fergy

Original post by Fergy
I'm studying at Burnley, been told about the free bus from preston so I'm happy about that :smile:

Yeah. I heard the same, so I've booked accommodation for Preston now :-)
Reply 8

Good, at least there's someone else

Yh might do the same :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Fergy

yeah same here mate !
Reply 11

I;m studying LLb Law there too! Have u found accommodation? Where will you be staying?
Reply 12
Hey! I'm doing LLB law at burnley too, finally sorted out my accomodation at preston. I'm staying at iQ kopa halls. :smile:

Just a bit concerned about the traveling and finding where these free buses go from etc. But exciting times :smile: x
Reply 13
I'm there studying Art and Design, then I'll be off to Preston campus for 3 years for my photography :smile:

Does anybody know if you can get student 7 day silvers btw?
I go to the Burnley campus. I'm doing the LLB Law too, in my second year, so if you need anything, gimme a shout :smile:
I live in Burnley and Calico are offering accomodation. However the majority of UCLan students prefer to live and attend the Preston campus. The Burnley Campus at Burnley College is pretty poor in relation to student life. I've heard that uni students at Burnley have to share almost all there facilities with college kids, and the nightlife isn't great in Burnley either (gets boring pretty quick). There's also more mature students attending Burnley because they cater more for part time courses as opposed to full time. Even though the entry grades are lower at Burnley, i'm still applying for the Preston Campus as it offers better nightlife, accomodation, facilities, teaching. Sorry if that sounded really negative guys...
Reply 16
i'm going to the Burnley campus in September, just wondered would i have to apply for the shared housing in Burnley, or because of the free bus, would i be able to apply for the Preston halls then?
Original post by jakeex
i'm going to the Burnley campus in September, just wondered would i have to apply for the shared housing in Burnley, or because of the free bus, would i be able to apply for the Preston halls then?

The free bus won't be available next year. I wouldn't recommend burnley if you're wanting a student experience.
I'm thinking of studying Media Production at Foundation level. What's Burnley's night life like? Is it hustling and bustling? Or is there not much to do? I'm undecided between UCLAN and the Warrington campus at Chester.
The free bus won't be available next year. I wouldn't recommend burnley if you're wanting a student experience.

Ah is it not the best for the student experience aspect?

Quick Reply

Latest