The Student Room Group

PC Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yituool
It's EA, you can easily assume Steam is better

I get what you're saying but to assume makes an ass out of u and me.

(itallics used to make clear) :tongue:
Any tips for fps games etc on PC. I just move to PC from console and played BO for the first time on PC. What can I say, I got owned badly. :frown:
Reply 162
Original post by SilentIdea
Any tips for fps games etc on PC. I just move to PC from console and played BO for the first time on PC. What can I say, I got owned badly. :frown:

Play around with your sensitivity until you get something you are comfortable with. It'll be worth adjusting your FOV (not sure if you can on BO though) too to something more appropriate.
Is Shogun 2 good?
Reply 164

Keep sensitivity high. Well.. try and get used to it, progress to it if you have to. The best players will use high to very high sensitivity levels.

Heck, at least use the middle ground. I watched my friend play and it literally took him 3 seconds to turn 180 . It was so annoying to watch ಠ_ಠ
Original post by Tommyjw
Keep sensitivity high. Well.. try and get used to it, progress to it if you have to. The best players will use high to very high sensitivity levels.

Heck, at least use the middle ground. I watched my friend play and it literally took him 3 seconds to turn 180 . It was so annoying to watch ಠ_ಠ

Sharpshooters will want to turn down the sensitivity a bit, or it's impossible to get a decent bead on a target at long range.
Reply 166
Original post by Jace Falco
Sharpshooters will want to turn down the sensitivity a bit, or it's impossible to get a decent bead on a target at long range.

Ye probably true. Don't play that type of role often :rolleyes:. Good spot.
Managed to download my Age of Empires III + addons that I brought for £0.01 almost a year ago, seems pretty good.
Reply 168
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Managed to download my Age of Empires III + addons that I brought for £0.01 almost a year ago, seems pretty good.

Aye, one of my favourites to be honest, just something really entertaining about it & a bargain at 1p...I paid substantially more than that when it was new :facepalm:
Just decided to get Warcraft 3, so good. :smile:
Reply 170
bout to start playing Metro 2033. Ashamed of myself i haven't yet ;D
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
bout to start playing Metro 2033. Ashamed of myself i haven't yet ;D

Good to see that you did manage to pick up a copy in the end! :smile:
Age of conan worth playing on F2P? Or is it dead?
Reply 173
Any Team Fortess 2 players want to add me on steam here?
Reply 174

Play COD4 not BlOps, COD4 is still very much alive on PC with good prize pots in tournaments to boot :smile: COD games on PC are a lot different, high level gameplay is much about movement as aiming. Like Keckers said change the FOV, which is field of view, basically 90 FOV is 90 degrees view, the higher the FOV the more you see but can effect how you see stuff because much more is squeezed into an area so it can be harder to see stuff.

Original post by Tommyjw

Ignore this, depending on the game the "best" FPS players actually use very low sensitivity, from COD to CS, Quake is slightly different as it such a twitched based shooter. I play on really low sens, 450dpi with 1.3 in COD4 and I am not slow, but I tell you what I am, damn accurate :wink:

Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Age of conan worth playing on F2P? Or is it dead?

AoC is very much alive, Blood and Glory ruleset is fun if you don't mind droping the odd item and getting ganked by Spaniards :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tomme
X

Hmmm, how come they play on really low sensitivity? I play on really high sensitivity on CS but my friend who is badass at it plays at a really low one too. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 176
Original post by Tomme

Ignore this, depending on the game the "best" FPS players actually use very low sensitivity, from COD to CS, Quake is slightly different as it such a twitched based shooter. I play on really low sens, 450dpi with 1.3 in COD4 and I am not slow, but I tell you what I am, damn accurate :wink:

Thats just wrong.

I have watched tournaments, online and in person, and played in them. No1 will use a 'very low sensitivity' . For obvious reasons. Utterly ridiculous.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 177
Hmmm, how come they play on really low sensitivity? I play on really high sensitivity on CS but my friend who is badass at it plays at a really low one too. :s-smilie:

On CS it is important (Much me so on CS 1.6) to be able to control recoil, it is very precise and with high sens it very hard to control such precise movements. People think "what if I get shot from behind, i cannot 180 and kill them" Well if you are playing against people even half decent and they come from behind, you are dead! Accuracy matter! In CS one little bullet makes all the difference and with low sens you can place your shots a lot better, yes it takes long to get to but is ultimatly a lot better for the majority of players. It is quite hard to explain really but there is VERY few top FPS gamers that use high sens, besides quake and even then it not that high.
Reply 178
Original post by Tommyjw
Thats just wrong.

I have watched tournaments, online and in person, and played in them. No1 will use a 'very low sensitivity' . For obvious reasons. Utterly ridiculous.

I have competed at COD4 for the past four years, attending offline tournaments and won money competing. I have played multiple FPS games to a very high standard, obvious epeen stretching but like I said it does depend on the game and I take my views from COD series, Enemy Territory & CS if you played Quake, maybe TF2 it might be different.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 179
Original post by Tomme
I have competed at COD4 for the past four years, attending offline tournaments and won money competing. I have played multiple FPS games to a very high standard, but like I said it does depend on the game and I take my views from COD series, Enemy Territory & CS if you played Quake, maybe TF2 it might be different.

And i have personal experience with 2009 & 2010 MLG COD with talking a lot to the ps3 players each time and not one guy used 'very low' sensitivity. Never watched a guy at that tournament with sensitivity lower than 3. Even then i can pretty safely say the majority were 6 or 7. As well as playing south west school/college/ personal MW2 tournaments, winning and then doing 'national 'type ones,(and then failing ;D )
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest