The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael XYZ
Hmm. Possibly.

No, definitely.
Reply 41
Original post by Arturo Bandini
alright here's the story:

he claimed to bench 120 at 75, people disbelieved him, he failed 90.

yeah but where did you see this happen did he upload a vid of a failed bench?

Original post by cowsforsale
I think fitness needs new mods.

Who's gonna step up to the plate ****ers?

choc does a great job at this to be fair
Reply 42
I know you guys are all buddies now but can I ask about the fact that ibysaiyan claimed to bench 120 at 75, people questioned him, and then it turned out he can't bench 90?

What's that about?

No idea.. for 90 I was half way there.. numerous attempts but all were failure. I left it at that. But I have easily locked 110 1 rep, 120 x5 (assisted ),100 for 2 rep and numerous 90 kg.. I did go max on benching the day before...
I wouldn't make random numbers.. perhaps your body gets used to that bench setup day after day... but at the same time usama and MRBP didn't struggle :s
not too bothered.. I have started 5/3/1 today was first day

I made over 6 attempts to bench that ****.. all were failures with one close to a rep.
Check my logs.. nothing is consistent.. I struggle with 5 reps... everything was random about me...
(edited 12 years ago)
No, definitely.

Definitely possibly.
ibysaiyan edit all of these into the opening post please.

the opening post of TSRMBSFM has to be awesome.
Reply 45
I haven't yet complimented Michael's sig. But it is pretty glorious.
Thank you, thank you, you're far too kind.
Reply 47
Original post by The Question
ibysaiyan edit all of these into the opening post please.

the opening post of TSRMBSFM has to be awesome.

How about now ? :smile:
Reply 48
yall wanna see xyz brother?
Reply 49
Original post by ibysaiyan
No idea.. for 90 I was half way there.. numerous attempts but all were failure. I left it at that. But I have easily locked 110 1 rep, 120 x5 (assisted ),100 for 2 rep and numerous 90 kg.. I did go max on benching the day before...
I wouldn't make random numbers.. perhaps your body gets used to that bench setup day after day... but at the same time usama and MRBP didn't struggle :s
not too bothered.. I have started 5/3/1 today was first day

I made over 6 attempts to bench that ****.. all were failures with one close to a rep.
Check my logs.. nothing is consistent.. I struggle with 5 reps... everything was random about me...

Brah assisted doesn't count, at all.

I could probably do 110 with someone holding the bar and still feeling like it's "all me". But if I unracked 110 alone I know for absolute certain I would get pinned.
You don't fail on 75%, even if you did do a 1RM on the previous day.
Reply 51
You wanna get this one in too

vidya

Reply 52
New thread? Can someone stop xyz spamming?
Reply 53
you should be able to do 5 reps easy on 75% people even do 5 reps of upto 85%, but dunno....i doubt he e-statted you don't gain nothing outta it. probably got spotted on that 120?
Reply 54
Original post by Gallium
you should be able to do 5 reps easy on 75% people even do 5 reps of upto 85%, but dunno....i doubt he e-statted you don't gain nothing outta it. probably got spotted on that 120?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=33868632&postcount=206

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=33692089&postcount=183

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=33810704&postcount=190
I don't get it, why does something you posted in your log prove you locked out 120kg?
Get in those witness the fitness sigs too. I'm very tempted to make one using that london meet pic.
Reply 57

Original post by Michael XYZ
Why do they close it at 10,000 though?

I don't get it.

Server strain, apparently.
Reply 59
Take it however you wish... the point is I failed 90 bp something I have made 3 to 1 rep easy and beyond........

Latest