The Student Room Group

First day back at sixth form...A2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by manic_fuzz
Okay, i'm just going to kind'f guess what everything there means :tongue:

no no, it really isn't good ahah, and naah i haven't learnt any languages at school since Year 9 and that was Spanish, our language teachers are atrocious and soul-destroying :mmm: i just teach myself

And yay :woo:

Ahh cool! :biggrin: I want to do spanish too! is it hard?!
Original post by JakeE10
Ahh cool! :biggrin: I want to do spanish too! is it hard?!

Nah, it's really easy compared to German! Considering German has loads of random (well, supposedly logical...) grammar, whereas the most weird thing you're likely to come across in spanish is the lack of pronouns and the subjunctives :L but the good thing is spanish is generally really easy to speak and hear, i haven't done it since year 9 and i can still pick out loads of words when i listen to spanish music, and i can still understand most of what's said in TSR's 'La Sociedad Espanola'

And of course, once you've done spanish it gives you a reasonable grounding for starting any other romance language :wink:

like Francais :sexface:
Reply 22
Original post by JakeE10
first day back yesterday, how's everyone feeling about their A2 courses? anybody feeling the pressure already? :eek:

What subjects do you do?
What did you get at AS?
What are you aiming for at A2?

:biggrin:

I did Biology, chemistry, physics and maths (mechanics) for AS, got AACA respectively (1 off a B for physics, the pain XD)

I dropped physics, aiming now for A*A*A/A*AA. Got predicted an A* for biology earlier, wasn't expecting that! :biggrin:.
Subjects - Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Politics.
AS Grades - AAAB. Love how my B is in the 'easy' subject :lol:
A2 - Aiming for A*AA. Not sure what my predictions are, most likely A*AA/AAA.
I don't go back until Monday next week :tongue:

I did Geography, Biology, History and Chemistry at AS - A,B,C,E respectively.

Ideally I need at least AAB to get into the uni and course that I fell in love with (Geog at Nottingham)
So at A2 I need to
- Keep Geography as an A (or get it up to A* if I can :biggrin:)
- Get Biology up to an A
- Get History up to a B
- Retake Chemistry AS on a new exam board as backup. (We had a really awful teacher and then a bad June paper that covered everything we weren't taught, so most of my class failed as badly as I did, though we all had A or B targets and worked our butts off.)

Does this list sound achievable or am I trying too much by retaking Chemistry AS too?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheQuietOne

Does this list sound achievable or am I trying too much by retaking Chemistry AS too?

I think you should concentrate on the three A2's, keep the chemistry for a week or two then if you think you might struggle with it you could always drop it? :smile:

I got
A - Psychology
A - Media
B - Geography
B - Biology

Carrying the top four on to A2 aiming to get at least AAAB:smile:
I'm already terrified about the amount of stress to be endured this year but I'm going to work as hard as possible this year, instead of near the exams like at AS.

I take Philosophy, Psychology, English Lit/Lang & Spanish
AS: AAAAB
Predicted: A*A*AA
Personally happy with: A*AAA
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply