The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Oh my - I think I might just leave enrollment confirmation until I have my meeting with my Adviser of Studies. Jeepers, I spose I'd better start packing soon. Gonna go find a thread to freak out on. :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I have just spent about 20 mins composing an e-mail about my UCL experience, only to find the class convenor for Classics is away until next Thursday. The Classics lectures might have started by then! I need a reply THIS WEEK!

I have e-mailed the Deputy Head of Classics to ask if he can help. I was told the lady would be away until Monday, so I e-mailed her today, only to find she'll be away for ages!

I reallllly hope they let me onto level 2 Classics. I need to let my adviser of studies know as well. :frown:

Bit of a crap time to be out of your office when you're the class convenor and classes are about to start! :rolleyes:
Original post by G8D
Lectures don't start til the 19th..

Yeah but we still do have inductions next week
Original post by G8D
Lectures don't start til the 19th..

I would like to get to the inductions and not miss a second of Classics. :hand:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Yeah but we still do have inductions next week

If it comes to it though, I seem to remember there were people switching courses until the end of October last year. So although it'd be nice to get it all done on time and all your inductions and stuff, you could choose something else and talk about switching again when everyone gets back from their holidays? A week shouldn't make much difference :smile:
Anyone else staying at the Unite halls on Thurso Street? :smile:
Grrr email from advisor saying that I have to email psychology to be allowed on the course as I'm a second year not a first...well then why the **** did mycampus let me enrol in it?! I have no idea what I want to study...
Reply 4007
Grrr email from advisor saying that I have to email psychology to be allowed on the course as I'm a second year not a first...well then why the **** did mycampus let me enrol in it?! I have no idea what I want to study...

Off-topic, but good luck in the marathon! :redface:
Original post by G8D
Celtic_Anthony loves Public International Law.
I've quoted him here so that he may be able to help you.

I was a week late and of no use.

Reputation down the drain...
Reply 4009
Hi

Don't know if this has been asked at all, tried a search but couldn't find anything

Has anyone had any joy connecting an Ipod touch/Iphone to the Uni wifi and been able to access the interent other than webmail.
Reply 4010
http://glasgowguardian.co.uk/news/guu-extension-seizure-plans/

So I called my friend Johnny and said to him: Johnny, la gente esta muy loca, W T F!

I think that's really the only song that really describes my feelings when it comes to this issue with the Uni trying ruin the Hive and the gym as well. Honestly thought it was a joke at first...
Original post by bex285
Off-topic, but good luck in the marathon! :redface:

Thank you...I'm gonna need it! Prayers for no rain...

Original post by Dummy
http://glasgowguardian.co.uk/news/guu-extension-seizure-plans/

So I called my friend Johnny and said to him: Johnny, la gente esta muy loca, W T F!

I think that's really the only song that really describes my feelings when it comes to this issue with the Uni trying ruin the Hive and the gym as well. Honestly thought it was a joke at first...

Urgh I know...totally not impressed!
Thank you...I'm gonna need it! Prayers for no rain...

Good luck! :smile:

Is MyGlasgow down atm or is my laptop not letting me access it for some reason? :frown:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Good luck! :smile:

Is MyGlasgow down atm or is my laptop not letting me access it for some reason? :frown:

I just logged in no problem...
Original post by Aurora.
I just logged in no problem...

Aw hell. My thing comes up 'Windows Security', then I enter it, and nothing happens.

Is there any other way to log in? :s-smilie:
Original post by G8D
I just Google "myglasgow".

How are you accessing it atm.

I go to the e-mail our GUID and password were sent in, and copy and paste them into the same Log-in page as you :redface:

I don't know why it's blocking it. Maybe it's Windows 7/Vista that's the problem because the same thing happened on my sister's laptop.
Original post by G8D
Could be your home network. There are phases where I can't get on specific sites for a good half hour at a time.

:shock: I moved into a new flat today and had to connect to a home network. I'll try it again now to see if it works.

That is quite brilliant. :holmes:

EDIT: No joy :frown: I wonder what's blocking it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Free gym entry during Freshers' Week?!! :biggrin: Niiiiiiiice
I've been told to change an english tutorial and comparative lit class on my campus ,but have no clue how to...Anyone know what I should do?
Could a second year English Lit student PM me AS SOON AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE please?

I am locked in my flat and sharepoint is not compatible with Windows 7, so I don't know what lectures I have tomorrow as I can't log into MyGlasgow :frown:

Quick Reply