The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TotalLifeForever

Original post by TotalLifeForever
I didn't know you could do this! I would love to do this, if you do find out more information please let me know :smile: And also thanks for the info on the campuses!

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/english/englishna/

That's the site link, I don't know much beyond that really, I'll be questioning someone intensely at the open day in sept for sure & have already been asking a cousin of mine who lives Florida :biggrin:

Sounds like the biggest downside is not being able to drink :frown: haha
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Madison.
Fellow Arc and Anther!! Where else are you applying? :smile:

I'm going for BA Arc at York and Joint Arc & Anther at Durham as well, but Exeter is going to be my first choice i think. I used to holiday in Devon when i was a kid and i love the place :smile:

How about you?
Original post by HannahtheFauves
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/english/englishna/

That's the site link, I don't know much beyond that really, I'll be questioning someone intensely at the open day in sept for sure & have already been asking a cousin of mine who lives Florida :biggrin:

Sounds like the biggest downside is not being able to drink :frown: haha

Ah thanks for the website, very useful :smile: I'd love to get down to the Open Day but not sure if I can, might have to ask you for a few details if you wouldn't mind! That's very cool, you have links there at least :smile:

Ha true, though could just do what I do now as a 17 year old...get people to buy it for me :wink:
Reply 23
Original post by Skara666
I'm going for BA Arc at York and Joint Arc & Anther at Durham as well, but Exeter is going to be my first choice i think. I used to holiday in Devon when i was a kid and i love the place :smile:

How about you?

I was thinking about York, not too sure about it yet though. Same here, joint Arc and Anth at Durham, and Anth at Durham, Bristol and St Andrews :smile: Rather liking Durham at the moment, but we'll see (yn)
I'm going to be applying for Politics and Sociology, hopefully Exeter will be my first choice if I get an offer! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I want to do English at the cornwall campus.

I visited it a while back now, and it has just taken me :smile: Really hope I will get in, but English is so competitive :frown:
I was thinking about York, not too sure about it yet though. Same here, joint Arc and Anth at Durham, and Anth at Durham, Bristol and St Andrews :smile: Rather liking Durham at the moment, but we'll see (yn)

Yeah, i looked at Durham first of all. Definitely the best in the country for Arch, but i dont think i'd be the 'top quality student' they're after and my UCAS app will probably be tossed to the kerb hehehe.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck :smile:
Reply 27
Yeah, i looked at Durham first of all. Definitely the best in the country for Arch, but i dont think i'd be the 'top quality student' they're after and my UCAS app will probably be tossed to the kerb hehehe.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck :smile:

Oh same here, but all we can do is try :smile: good luck to you too, do you know which college you'd apply to?
Oh same here, but all we can do is try :smile: good luck to you too, do you know which college you'd apply to?

No-one can say we're not the trying types hehehe.

I like the looks of St Mary's and St Chad's, but i'm not sure which one is closest to the Arch department......that will have a big bearing on which college i choose, plus i'm not sure about the gowned dining events :tongue:

How about you?
Reply 29
No-one can say we're not the trying types hehehe.

I like the looks of St Mary's and St Chad's, but i'm not sure which one is closest to the Arch department......that will have a big bearing on which college i choose, plus i'm not sure about the gowned dining events :tongue:

How about you?

Haha, indeed they can't!
Oh I quite liked St Mary's too :smile: I hadn't even thought about how close the college was! oh dear, and probably Hatfield :smile:
Still like the look of Exeter though, it's also a lot warmer in Cornwall :L
Reply 30
hey! I am thinking about applying for the accounting and finance.
Since I haven't been to Exeter before, just wondering how's the campus like,is it lovely?
Haha, indeed they can't!
Oh I quite liked St Mary's too :smile: I hadn't even thought about how close the college was! oh dear, and probably Hatfield :smile:
Still like the look of Exeter though, it's also a lot warmer in Cornwall :L

Yeah, i looked at Hatfield, it looks nice but a friend of mine says they have a bit of a bad rep.....i suppose i shouldnt listen to that sort of thing but rumour seems to be all i have to go on hehehe.

I think i've made up my mind that Exeter will be my first choice. Campus looks lovely, close proximity to the beaches of Cornwall and Exmouth, chance to work on digs abroad and of course the Arch and Anth department sounds quality.

All i have to do now is try and get an offer.......darn Personal Statements. I must have had 2 or 3 different drafts so far and not liked any of them :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by tegatron

Original post by tegatron
I'm also applying for Zoology, I started a thread to ask anyone about it but no one's really helped much haha. I loved the Cornwall Campus and Falmouth, just hoping I get in! :smile:

was thinking of applying at exeter for zoology too, but haven't managed to see it yet. can ya fill me in a bit? is it new looking and how far from falmouth is the campus? thanks!
Reply 33
Original post by Acrylic
was thinking of applying at exeter for zoology too, but haven't managed to see it yet. can ya fill me in a bit? is it new looking and how far from falmouth is the campus? thanks!

Ohh, I just realised you're the person who also commented on the 'Zoology' thread I started, to answer your questions, there's building work going on on the campus so I'm presuming that it will relatively new by the time I apply. Also it's about a 5 minute drive into Falmouth, and apparently a 10 minute bus ride or 25 minute bike ride. I really love Falmouth though :smile: If you want more details, ask them on my thread :biggrin:
anyone for LLB Law, or European Law (Maitrise) ? :P
Reply 35
I'm applying for C100 biological sciences at Exeter :biggrin:
Original post by CeeTay
any biochemistry/biological & medicinal chemistry? :smile:

Biochemistry!
Reply 37
Economics!!!
Reply 38
Geography!! Exeter campus
Sending off application this week
(edited 12 years ago)