The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SweatyGoldfish
They haven't told us the dates, we were just told we would have one :frown:

Has anyone else been put in a terrible class for something?
I'm in set 1 for everything, apart from IT, and geez, my IT class is terrible. Everyone talks over the teacher, she has no control, we aren't even set any work.

I was thinking about asking to move sets but really it's my fault I'm in it, in the first place. Last year I chose to sit next to my friend, and I think with effort we both could've got Distinction, but we just chatted and messed about all year.

So yeah anyone got any advice for doing well in a crappy set? :colondollar:

I don't have any advice, but i know your pain:biggrin:
ICT isn't set. My class is full of people who think its funny to put on 2 girls 1 cup, when the teacher leaves
Plus the teacher Suffers from Depressions, and threw her tea on the floor, and left the class last lesson
(edited 12 years ago)
Has anyone else been put in a terrible class for something?
I'm in set 1 for everything, apart from IT, and geez, my IT class is terrible. Everyone talks over the teacher, she has no control, we aren't even set any work.

This, but for Geography. The teacher is new, poor guy :tongue: No one listens to him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Luckily all my Option subjects have good teachers
Especially History, shes terrifying, but a great teacher:biggrin:
Original post by EloquentlySpoken
ICT isn't set. My class is full of people who thinks its funny to put on 2 girls 1 cup, when the teacher leaves

:laugh::laugh::laugh:!!
ICT isn't set. My class is full of people who think its funny to put on 2 girls 1 cup, when the teacher leaves
Plus the teacher Suffers from Depressions, and threw her tea on the floor, and left the class last lesson

Haha at least your classes sound kind of entertaining even if you aren't learning. The most interesting thing people in my class can come up with is stuff like ''Miss you're gay'':rolleyes:

Anyway I probably wouldn't mind so much if I had someone to talk to, but the majority of the class is people from the LSC (Learning Support Centre) or from the other half of the year.
I'm so alone:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Haha at least your classes sound kind of entertaining even if you aren't learning. The most interesting thing people in my class can come up with is stuff like ''Miss you're gay'':rolleyes:

Anyway I probably wouldn't mind so much if I had someone to talk to, but the majority of the class is people from the LSC (Learning Support Centre) or from the other half of the year.
I'm so alone:tongue:

Oh i go to the Learning Support Centre instead of Careers (a pointless subject)
I do homework there instead
Plus it doesn't help that the class has 23 boys:rolleyes: to 3 girls
Oh i go to the Learning Support Centre instead of Careers (a pointless subject)
I do homework there instead
Plus it doesn't help that the class has 23 boys:rolleyes: to 3 girls

Haha yeah I can see there being a problem in that :tongue:

Sounds similar to me, I managed to opt out of Food Tech (Compulsory) somehow, and spend those periods in the library instead :biggrin:
Haha yeah I can see there being a problem in that :tongue:

Sounds similar to me, I managed to opt out of Food Tech (Compulsory) somehow, and spend those periods in the library instead :biggrin:

Ahh i also go for Double P.E, And only go for the single lesson:biggrin:

Anyway I'm off to watch Big Bro :smile:
Its been nice chatting to you all

I will help make this thread more active:biggrin:
Reply 88
What Exam board are you on :smile:?
I'm on AQA
will be nice to speak to you, since you are studying the same options

My History class is full to the brim, its very popular
So is Spanish
Food Tech has about 20 people
and Drama has 11/12:biggrin:

OCR for History, explains it:3
History is packed! Think it might have been the most popular option, though Drama and P.E. can't have been far behind. With our Spanish it's a bit more complicated - there's a consortium thing for schools in the area so that pupils in schools that don't teach certain subjects can still get taught them(doesn't really work though, no psychology or German or lots of others that seem quite common from what I've read here). The pupils all go to a college, or to the school where the subject is taught, and get taught it there (first 2 lessons every Friday). So my Spanish is pretty full, but only about 10 are from my school. Lots of new people!

I'm gonna need to cut down on the long bits of writing on things nobody cares about. I'll work on it!

As for teachers, my option teachers are great, and I got rid of mpst of the bad teachers in the subjects I dropped. Could've just been that I thought they were **** cause I hated the subject mind...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
This, but for Geography.

I love geography it's great :smile: But them i love all humanities :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 90
Had first ever GCSE thing today~
1st of 2 or 3 lessons on a controlled assessment for English Language; a spoken language study worth 10% of our grade~
If I'm in year 9 but starting my GCSEs can I join this thread?
Reply 92
The third week back just ended, and I think I've waved goodbye to my social life.

I took Geography, Computing, German and Electronics. Forced to take modular Maths, English Language and Literature, Triple Science, Religion (short course) and Life Skills (no idea what the actual course is called, but it's a short course as well0 and an OCR National IT.

So far, I think I'm enjoying my options, even though German is mixed ability groups (really strange when you've been in a top set for the past two years, got an a* in the assessments you did at the end of year nine and end up in a class where the majority of people got an e :s-smilie: ), and I have that much homework I'm buried under a rock.

Today I had Life Skills, which was good, then I had English, which wasn't so interesting. Then Maths, which was great as usual, then PE, which was awful as usual, then Biology, which was pretty boring actually. Most days are pretty good. I have one awesome day where I have something like Computing, double Electronics, Maths and then two other fairly good subjects in the same day :biggrin:
Original post by SensibleUsername
If I'm in year 9 but starting my GCSEs can I join this thread?

No -.- Get out.

Just kidding...I don't know :wink:
Reply 94
Original post by chloe--

X

Hey:3

You think you're waving goodbye to your social life? We're only 3 weeks in! I don't mean to sound offensive, and I know it differs between schools and such, but I don't see how someone getting A* equivalents at the end of Year 9 could be feeling that under everything already! How would those getting Es, or even Cs, cope? Have you spoke to anyone at school?=P You'll do fine!=P

And I'm not giving any opinion on whether a Y9 can join the Y10 thread, I'll leave that to the thread starter;D
Wooo :smile:
Only a 3 day week this week haha
Off on Thursday and Friday due to teacher training :3
Original post by Cynical.
Had first ever GCSE thing today~
1st of 2 or 3 lessons on a controlled assessment for English Language; a spoken language study worth 10% of our grade~

Ahh im doing that in 2 weeks :smile:
Mines on Nora's notes, and school food trust
its boring -.-
Reply 97
Ahh im doing that in 2 weeks :smile:
Mines on Nora's notes, and school food trust
its boring -.-

Ah, we had to "explore some aspects of spoken language used at home".
We're doing a debate on Curley's Wife, and a controlled assessment as well.

2 birds with one stone :smile:
Reply 99
We're doing a debate on Curley's Wife, and a controlled assessment as well.

2 birds with one stone :smile:

Raquel?

Spoiler

Latest