The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Catilina
Silvas and Riberys penalties were pretty clear, but it was obvious that a normal ref wouldn´t give Toure´s. The way he fell wasn´t justifiable with that little contact, strictly looking at the rules it´s a penalty, but I´d say 90% of Premiership refs wouldn´t give it.

Did you even watch the game? It was Richards.

Anyway he had a ref about 3 foot away from him, Boateng moved across his path and didn't change the path of the ball (If he touched it at all). It was a pretty clear penalty if you ask me.

The fundamental problem is Toure, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko (Not for the want of trying) and Aguero have not created nearly enough despite their quality. Pisses me off because they're good enough to just some of the lack balls. Christ Micah Richards has looked most likely to make something happen :colonhash:
Reply 2081
Do you not think it is a bit daft that in two seasons Mancini is still so reliant on De Jong?

Joe Hart looked like he was going to kill someone after the second goal though :rofl2:
Shocking stuff so far tonight. City are going to have to pretty much win all their remaining games if they want any realistic chance of getting through to the knockout stages. People are making out this group to be tough and it is to an extent but it could have been much much tougher.
Reply 2083
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster

Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Shocking stuff so far tonight. City are going to have to pretty much win all their remaining games if they want any realistic chance of getting through to the knockout stages. People are making out this group to be tough and it is to an extent but it could have been much much tougher.

It couldn't have been that much tougher though. It is easily one of the toughest groups since the inception of the modern CL. Especially post-2000.
Hows Clichy? Not watching the game.
Reply 2085
I have to say, I was dissapointed by City tonight. Not that you lost, I expected that tbh but the manner. You guys simply didn't retain the ball enough and the outlet ball seemed to be the hoff to Aguero- Come On now, as if he'll win any ball in the air. It was simply too easy for Bayern for majority of it and were just toying with youse

What do you guys also think of the Kolarov Clichy partnerhip on the left wing?

Gareth Barry shouldn't be playing in CL. Sorry, just don't think he's up to it
Reply 2086
Original post by antonfigo

Same old really.
Original post by warwickorbristol
Did you even watch the game? It was Richards.

Anyway he had a ref about 3 foot away from him, Boateng moved across his path and didn't change the path of the ball (If he touched it at all). It was a pretty clear penalty if you ask me.

The fundamental problem is Toure, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko (Not for the want of trying) and Aguero have not created nearly enough despite their quality. Pisses me off because they're good enough to just some of the lack balls. Christ Micah Richards has looked most likely to make something happen :colonhash:

Yes, I watched the game, and yes at the time I wrote the post they hadn´t showed the replay and I thought it was Toure.

City were non-existent during the second half, and the substitutions were awful decisions.
Original post by Mess.
Do you not think it is a bit daft that in two seasons Mancini is still so reliant on De Jong?

Joe Hart looked like he was going to kill someone after the second goal though :rofl2:

I don't think it's De Jong per se, I mean he came on and didn't make a tackle.

It's more that we only have; attackers and defenders plus Barry and Miner. It's like a constant balancing act trying to balance the midfield so it has the right mix. If you play Toure you need De Jong because they add up to two normal midfielders, then we can have a front 3 and we have balance. Last season at times it was a normal midfield + Milner, so only a front 2 and we're not offensive enough. This season it's been Barry as our normal midfield + 5 attackers and it's been at times unplayable (Spurs) and at other times a failure (Second half against Fulham, Napoli, tonight). He tried putting a defender in there like Zab or Savic but then we lose fluidity.

I feel like we could almost get away with the front 5 if we had some patience but we don't. Aguero, Silva and Nasri try ridiculous things like we have a few ball winners to win it back and we simply don't. If we just knocked it about patiently and waited for good clear opportunities to create a chance (Not even clear shooting opportunities) we could get away with it. But they let the occasion run away with them and do stupid things. Urgh, very annoying.
Original post by 419
I have to say, I was dissapointed by City tonight. Not that you lost, I expected that tbh but the manner. You guys simply didn't retain the ball enough and the outlet ball seemed to be the hoff to Aguero- Come On now, as if he'll win any ball in the air. It was simply too easy for Bayern for majority of it and were just toying with youse

What do you guys also think of the Kolarov Clichy partnerhip on the left wing?

Gareth Barry shouldn't be playing in CL. Sorry, just don't think he's up to it

Your posts don't match up. Barry (Along with Toure) was the only player who could retain the ball and also the only player tackling Bayern players.

Clichy and Kolarov doesn't work against decent opposition.

Original post by antonfigo

Fine. Everything they did came through Ribery on the opposite flank.

Original post by Catilina
Yes, I watched the game, and yes at the time I wrote the post they hadn´t showed the replay and I thought it was Toure.

City were non-existent during the second half, and the substitutions were awful decisions.

Hmmph. Our "ball winner" came on and made precisely zero tackles, not really Mancini's fault. Oh and Tevez apparently refused to warm up.
Reply 2090
Apparently, Tevez went on strike during the game :beard:
Reply 2091
Your posts don't match up. Barry (Along with Toure) was the only player who could retain the ball and also the only player tackling Bayern players.

Barry gave the ball away alot.

And my comment about him is just a general one not based solely on tonights match.
Reply 2092
Tevez refused to come on as a substitute!
Reply 2093
That was ridiculous of Tevez. I'm sure if you want to leave, you should at least play some games - teams want to see who they are buying and if you are refusing or not playing, then they don't know what kind of player you are and if you'll fit in their system. I'm sure Tevez wouldn't have any chance of playing future games - he's not going to start ahead of the likes of Dzeko and Aguero.

I'd say he should go in Jan - get a fine for his behaviour - Man C don't need him, just hope Aguero and Dzeko and Ballotelli don't get injured or something.
Mancini just confirmed that Tevez refused to warm-up
And why did Dzeko storm off into the tunnel?
Tevez is looking for 2nd team football :wink: . The commentator first made it sound like he wanted to come on but wasn´t given the chance by Mancini.
Reply 2097
Tevez.... what a ****
Reply 2098
Original post by the_gooner
And why did Dzeko storm off into the tunnel?

He didn't. He walked to the bench.
Anyway, I thought we were pretty poor today. Aguero and Dzeko had a few half chances and long shots which should have resulted in atleast one goal. We didn't create a single clear cut chance for 70 minutes. I don't think we can just draw a line under this, we had similar problems against Napoli and they need to be addressed.

What I said after the Everton game. Exact same thing happened again, like I said this needs to be addressed or we're gonna struggle in big games. We have 3 very highly paid, costily assembled and talented players in Aguero, Silva and Nasri yet Micah Richards is our most dangerous player.

Quick Reply