Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Rosebery thread thing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Hi all!

I have got: a twin room in Butler Wharf
I would like to swap for: a single room in any hall including roseberry.

My roommate is very nice. Nothing against the hall or the room, it's just that ecently had some health problems so would like a single room instead.

I will pay fees involved in the swap. Please inbox me if you are interested. Thank you so much!
(edited 12 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 221
Original post by defuzion
anyone else think the internet is **** here?

Are you using wireless or the ethernet cable?
Reply 222
Original post by Hollie -
Are you using wireless or the ethernet cable?

wireless yeh

p.s. are you the really short girl?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 223
Original post by defuzion
wireless yeh

p.s. are you the really short girl?

Ohhh only use wireless of you are in the bar/really near the bar. If you didn't pick up an ethernet cable on move in day, then reception may still have some left. I've never heard of anyone having problems with the internet.

Pretty accurate description - yep that's me!
Reply 224
Hey.

I have a single in Rosebury and looking to swap to Carr Saunders or Passfield

Message me if you are interested.

Thanks
Reply 225
A social hall is really good. But can i ask if it gets really noisy all the time especially during the night? Also, is rosebery undergoing refurbishment? Btw i heard everything is really old and dropping out at this hall?
Reply 226
Original post by Asian7
A social hall is really good. But can i ask if it gets really noisy all the time especially during the night? Also, is rosebery undergoing refurbishment? Btw i heard everything is really old and dropping out at this hall?

Nope, the kitchens and bathrooms have been redone and are really nice. It's not as noisy as some of the other halls - I'm a light sleeper andhave never had trouble sleeping
Reply 227
Original post by englica
Nope, the kitchens and bathrooms have been redone and are really nice. It's not as noisy as some of the other halls - I'm a light sleeper andhave never had trouble sleeping

Thanks for your reply. How about the rooms? Have they been recently refurbished or are still quite old? Other threads has it that everything is falling apart and very messy which got me a bit worried and so i can't make my decision btween carrs saunders and rosebery.

Can i double check that bathrooms and toilets are single sex as well?
Reply 228
Cant de ide between roseberry and CS. Where are the rooms nicer or newly renovated
Reply 229
Original post by Asian7
Thanks for your reply. How about the rooms? Have they been recently refurbished or are still quite old? Other threads has it that everything is falling apart and very messy which got me a bit worried and so i can't make my decision btween carrs saunders and rosebery.

Can i double check that bathrooms and toilets are single sex as well?

Hey, the rooms are fine, plenty big enough and nothing falling apart in mine :biggrin: I brought my own fridge and it fits with loads of room left over. They're the same as pretty much any room at any uni. Yup the bathrooms are single sex and to be honest I wasnt keen on sharing a bathroom in the beginning but now it's absolutely fine. There's hardly ever anyone else in the bathrooms when you are - it's rare to bump into someone and I share 2 toilets and 3 showers with about 8 other girls. I would definitely pick Rosebery over Carr Saunders (obviously I'm biased) but I think it's a nicer location, cheaper and has a lovely little garden in the middle.
Reply 230
Original post by englica
Hey, the rooms are fine, plenty big enough and nothing falling apart in mine :biggrin: I brought my own fridge and it fits with loads of room left over. They're the same as pretty much any room at any uni. Yup the bathrooms are single sex and to be honest I wasnt keen on sharing a bathroom in the beginning but now it's absolutely fine. There's hardly ever anyone else in the bathrooms when you are - it's rare to bump into someone and I share 2 toilets and 3 showers with about 8 other girls. I would definitely pick Rosebery over Carr Saunders (obviously I'm biased) but I think it's a nicer location, cheaper and has a lovely little garden in the middle.

Thks. I've picked roseberry as one of my choices
Original post by englica

Hey just one quick question:

What should I pick between CS and RB if my only criterion are toilet/shower : student ratios. Secondly is it true that the shower have no locks ???!! do you know whether the shower at CS have locks ?
Hey guys, not a prospective LSE student but will be staying in Rosebery over the next week over the vacation. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the kitchen facilities are like? I don't need the full works of a kitchen since I'm just there for the week but was hoping they'll have a fridge and a microwave at the least! Is there a kitchen on every floor or only some floors? (how many share per kitchen/shower?)

Oh and is there a supermarket/any similar places within walking distance?

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alibaba03
Hey guys, not a prospective LSE student but will be staying in Rosebery over the next week over the vacation. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the kitchen facilities are like? I don't need the full works of a kitchen since I'm just there for the week but was hoping they'll have a fridge and a microwave at the least! Is there a kitchen on every floor or only some floors? (how many share per kitchen/shower?)

Oh and is there a supermarket/any similar places within walking distance?

If you can, could you answer my question after you have been there. It is the post above yours.
Reply 234
Original post by member910132
Hey just one quick question:

What should I pick between CS and RB if my only criterion are toilet/shower : student ratios. Secondly is it true that the shower have no locks ???!! do you know whether the shower at CS have locks ?

Hey, i would definitely go for RB :wink: I have hardly ever been in the shower/toilet at the same time as anyone else, I think I share 2 toilets and 3 showers between 7 girls. They're really lovely bathrooms.
Original post by englica
Hey, i would definitely go for RB :wink: I have hardly ever been in the shower/toilet at the same time as anyone else, I think I share 2 toilets and 3 showers between 7 girls. They're really lovely bathrooms.

Hey,
Are the sinks and toilets in the same cubicle at RB ?
Meaning is the sink and toliet behind one closed door or is it like a public toilet where you have toilet cubicles and the sinks are outside ?
Original post by member910132
If you can, could you answer my question after you have been there. It is the post above yours.

Hey, okay so just got back from RS and basically the showers are nothing like I've experienced but then again I've never lived in halls. It's sort of like showers in a gym so you go through one big door and then there are three shower cubicles alongside 2 toilets and one sink.

Can be a bit of a hassle at the beginning because there isn't space to store your clothes except to hang them INSIDE each shower door but after a while you get used to it.

As for shower: person ratio, the showers are single sex and for the girls one, it was 3 showers and on my side of the corridor, I think there were 12 people? So double that again for the entire floor (presuming that each side of the corridor -lifts in the middle- are identical)
Original post by alibaba03
Hey, okay so just got back from RS and basically the showers are nothing like I've experienced but then again I've never lived in halls. It's sort of like showers in a gym so you go through one big door and then there are three shower cubicles alongside 2 toilets and one sink.

Can be a bit of a hassle at the beginning because there isn't space to store your clothes except to hang them INSIDE each shower door but after a while you get used to it.

As for shower: person ratio, the showers are single sex and for the girls one, it was 3 showers and on my side of the corridor, I think there were 12 people? So double that again for the entire floor (presuming that each side of the corridor -lifts in the middle- are identical)

Thnx, I hope I get BS or HH lol.
How is life as an undergrad in the myddelton wing?

I'm an international student and I absolutely want a 40 week contract as I dont want to move my things out during holidays. So I have to choose the myddelton wing, even though its mainly postgraduate.

I want to choose rosebery hall as my first choice because it seems to be more sociable than the other halls. but i'm a bit worried to be in a wing occupied only by postgrads...

Quick Reply