The Student Room Group

Help me *skinny pic*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I always thought anorexia was when someone didn't want to, or refused to, gain weight. Not when it happens against someones will.

I'm similar to you OP, 5 foot 9, 7 stone 12. I eat quite a lot and I have started doing weights/situps on most days. I still find it difficult to gain weight, but every male in my line of family has always been extremely skinny at this age and gotten bigger when they're older. Sometimes there's little you can do about it.

I'm also 18 btw
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Aww don't fret dude :smile: You look fine, but for your health I think you should definitely aim to put on around 2 stone. Have you spoken to your GP?

im sorry but why are you lying to the lad?
Reply 22
Original post by Roxas
I just weighed myself, just under 8.3 stone, which makes my BMI 14.40, which is only 4 away from 18 which is "normal"

I also am not anorexic because i don't see myself as fat, I don't limit how much I eat or whatever, and i eat alot of food.

I have a few "fat" friends, and i swear I eat twice as much as them it feels
!

What do you eat in an average day? List what you've eaten over the past few days and you'll realise it's a lot less than you think :p:

btw 4 points is a lot in bmi terms...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Steven
I always thought anorexia was when someone didn't want to, or refused to, gain weight. Not when it happens against someones will.

I'm similar to you OP, 5 foot 9, 7 stone 12. I eat quite a lot and I have started doing weights/situps on most days. I still find it difficult to gain weight, but every male in my line of family has always been extremely skinny at this age and gotten bigger when they're older. Sometimes there's little you can do about it.

I'm also 18 btw

What did you eat today?
Reply 24
Do you live in Africa?
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
im sorry but why are you lying to the lad?

I'm not? It's not like he looks like a freak or anything.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I'm not? It's not like he looks like a freak or anything. God, you're pleasant.

he doesnt look fine though, he looks skinny, his BMI is 14! that is NOT healthy!
Reply 27
forget gaining fat, hit the gym and get ripped, it'll look good with your low body fat %
Original post by Nucleo
I'd get a serious health consultant to help you out, instead of seaking advice on a student forum. You're on the verge of of being clinically anerexic.

Original post by No Future
If his BMI is 14.something, he's emaciated, well past anorexic

Just to clarify:

Anorexia is a medical symptom referring to a lack of apetite. It has nothing to do with current weight.

Anorexia nervosa is a mental illness associated with low weight AND a delusional self-perception of body weight. Being underweight is not the same as being mentally ill.
Reply 29
For the person who asked, today.. I ate

A slice of toast for breakfeast with peanut butter

A slice of pizza at break from the school canteen and a pack of crisps

A burger and chips for lunch from the canteen again

When i got home I had some chilli doritos and a flapjack

For dinner I had 2 fajitas and some potato wedges

That sounds quite good to me O_O
Reply 30
I'd say go to the GP, maybe he/she will prescribe some tablets to help you gain weight and can advice you on the best way to gain some.
Reply 31
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Just to clarify:

Anorexia is a medical symptom referring to a lack of apetite. It has nothing to do with current weight.

Anorexia nervosa is a mental illness associated with low weight AND a delusional self-perception of body weight. Being underweight is not the same as being mentally ill.

im liking the synergy in your post....
you gonna rule the world! - you have psychology under your belt and you're doing your medicine stuff. :cool:
Reply 32
Original post by Roxas
For the person who asked, today.. I ate

A slice of toast for breakfeast with peanut butter

A slice of pizza at break from the school canteen and a pack of crisps

A burger and chips for lunch from the canteen again

When i got home I had some chilli doritos and a flapjack

For dinner I had 2 fajitas and some potato wedges

That sounds quite good to me O_O

No, that is really bad food.

Breakfast you need to eat eggs, or bacon sandwich or porridge, something like that. 1 slice of bread with a bit of peanut butter on isn't going to do nothing.

Lunch, burger and chips is OK I suppose, but you should try and eat some pastas, more meat, chicken etc....also some fruit wouldn't go a miss. Before you go to school put an apple and a banana in your school bag.

Dinner, you should be eating lots of pasta, chicken, fish...

Look, I was slim not long ago, then I started living in Spain with a Spanish family and realised what REAL eating is.

For breakfast we would have a cheese, tomato and ham bread stick sandwich, with oil on top.

Lunch we would have lots of meat, pork, chicken, soup with vegatables and pasta. Also, with this we would be eating bread.

Dinner, the same, pastas, meat, soup and then at the end we would have fruit.

Eat like that everyday, with exercise, and you'll be really healthy within 6 months.
Original post by tekkers90
Do you realise what 14.40 means? basically that you're severaly underweight. Under 16 is medically bad. You say it is only "4" away from 18, yeah..well, 4 is alot in terms of BMI, and 18 is only just normal....

You need to go to the doctor mate. Honestly. 6ft 3 and 8.3 stone is quite frightening. I mean, 8.3stone is skinny for a girl that is like 5'3 or something.

Whattttt? I'm 5'2 and I'm only 6 and a half stone :frown:
OP aim for 2690 cals a day, lift 3 times a week NO other exercise

plenty of protein (eggs, milk, cheese, meat or fish)

plenty of carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta etc)

and some fats (olive oil, nuts, seeds)
Reply 35
6ft 3...and 8stone...

Mate, you shouldn't be on TSR, you should be in some home for anorexic people to get your life on track...

I'm not even being sarcastic...

Holy crap, I'm two inches shorter than you and 7 and a half stone heavier. Eat a lot of high protein stuff, lift weights, take up boxing/wrestling/Judo/whatever. Maybe you should also see a doctor and a nutritionist because I don't think that is medically sound.
8.3stone is skinny for a girl that is like 5'3 or something.

no it isnt, 8 stone is normal for someone 5ft3, 5ft4 and 5ft5
Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
Whattttt? I'm 5'2 and I'm only 6 and a half stone :frown:

you are under weight
I'm 5'6 and weigh 8.8 stones and I get called skinny o.O
Original post by Luxray
im liking the synergy in your post....
you gonna rule the world! - you have psychology under your belt and you're doing your medicine stuff. :cool:

What can I say? I promote synergy like a boss.

Quick Reply

Latest