The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by charb16
I'm considering Kingston, as far as i know though there is no aptitude test, it doesn't say so on the website anyway :smile:

hey, thanks

yh Im so scared, I dont know if i'll get in, some think its easy to get into but others think its hard.....Im stuck and scared lol
Original post by taunt
hey, thanks

yh Im so scared, I dont know if i'll get in, some think its easy to get into but others think its hard.....Im stuck and scared lol

I'm terrified i'm only predicted BBB as well, i really don't want a gap year!
Original post by Inspire12
Hi I didnt apply last year but I'm applying this year whilst taking a gap year and resitting

Do you mind me asking what grades you got? I find it hard as well because me tutor refuses to help me and I have no idea how to do my personal statement, I have no work experience and there's nobody to help

R u doing any retakes?

I'll message you :smile: x
im predicted an AAB but im not sure if that will be enough with the competition nowdays.

i wanna apply to bath, uea, portsmouth , hertfordshire, reading
Reply 204
Just sent my application off, I'm applying to Cardiff, Liverpool jm, Reading, Portsmouth and Herts. I got BBB in biology, chemistry and psychology and predicted AAB, also completeing EPQ and have had work experience. Oufffftt, I'm bricking it for interviews already :P
Reply 205
Original post by James A
im predicted an AAB but im not sure if that will be enough with the competition nowdays.

i wanna apply to bath, uea, portsmouth , hertfordshire, reading

What did you get at As? It's not toooooo competitive is it? :s-smilie:
Original post by Lauraaa12
What did you get at As? It's not toooooo competitive is it? :s-smilie:

got A for maths, B for chemistry, C for biology

chemistry i was not too far off an A, considering the unit 2 edexcel was a contreversial one, im expecting to own it this january retakes.

i wanna go to a top 20 uni like uea or top 10 (bath) :colondollar:
Reply 207
Original post by Lauraaa12
Just sent my application off, I'm applying to Cardiff, Liverpool jm, Reading, Portsmouth and Herts. I got BBB in biology, chemistry and psychology and predicted AAB, also completeing EPQ and have had work experience. Oufffftt, I'm bricking it for interviews already :P

do you know when the deadline date is to send your application off, does it even make a difference when you send it off.
Reply 208
Original post by James A
got A for maths, B for chemistry, C for biology

chemistry i was not too far off an A, considering the unit 2 edexcel was a contreversial one, im expecting to own it this january retakes.

i wanna go to a top 20 uni like uea or top 10 (bath) :colondollar:

Sounds good, I was three UMS off an A in Chemistry, stoooopid practical skills :P
I know what you mean, I want my university to reflect my intelligence and look good, however I guess for Pharmacy it doesn't matter so main priority, GET A PLACE. :smile:
Reply 209
Original post by kingam
do you know when the deadline date is to send your application off, does it even make a difference when you send it off.

The deadline is in Jan sometime, I don't think it makes a huge difference when its sent off, Just wanted to do it early as us lucky specimens have to have interviews so wanted to get them out the way before January exams ideally.
Reply 210
Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted on a pharmacy course with a medicine personal statement?

Also anyone have any opinions on these universities (I need to choose one - preferably the best one/least competitive one)
Aston
De Montfort
Lancashire
Sunderland

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Original post by kingam
for all those thinking about applying for pharmacy
what you think you got for as and what uni you looking at

I am applying look in my signature.
Reply 212
Original post by Erotas
Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted on a pharmacy course with a medicine personal statement?

Also anyone have any opinions on these universities (I need to choose one - preferably the best one/least competitive one)
Aston
De Montfort
Lancashire
Sunderland

Any help would be much appreciated!!

I know someone who got into reading with a med personal statement, I wouldn't recommend Aston as i'm pretty sure they don't, try emailing them?
Ones that end up in clearing (less competitive) usually are Portsmouth, Wolves, De Montford, Kent :smile:
Reply 213
Just sent of my application to Aston, Bath, LSoP, Nottingham and Cardiff.. guess all i can do is wait now:confused:
Original post by dannikelly
hey everyone :smile: when are you all thinking of getting your applications in for? my personal statements about done, but i've still got a few more open days to go to and i'm a bit nervous about leaving applying too late! :P i got AAAB for AS in chem bio psychology and maths :smile:

I sent in my application last night! (: But then, I'm an international student and can't visit any of the open houses.
Applying to Keele Demont LJM Sunderland and Bradford with ABB - Sending of applications soon :s-smilie: But have got a job at a pharmacy :smile:
Reply 216
Original post by kingam
just go in and ask them

hi! i know this is an old post but i've managed to get work experience at superdrug pharmacy, the guy said i can go in whenever i want, i've been once (one day), is that enough to put it on my personal statement? i don't think going in any more would really benefit me as most of the time all i do is boring retail job work, the only reason i wanted work experience was so that i could put it on my personal statement. do they ask a lot of questions about your work experience on your interview?

thanks
Reply 217
Original post by lagoom
hi! i know this is an old post but i've managed to get work experience at superdrug pharmacy, the guy said i can go in whenever i want, i've been once (one day), is that enough to put it on my personal statement? i don't think going in any more would really benefit me as most of the time all i do is boring retail job work, the only reason i wanted work experience was so that i could put it on my personal statement. do they ask a lot of questions about your work experience on your interview?

thanks

yh guess so you can say i have work experience lol dont need to mention for how long , dont really know about the interview if thy ask you am a 2012 applicant myself haha , where you thinking of applying to then
Reply 218
Original post by kingam
yh guess so you can say i have work experience lol dont need to mention for how long , dont really know about the interview if thy ask you am a 2012 applicant myself haha , where you thinking of applying to then

oh, i thought you were a 2011 applicant! i'm thinking of applying to kings definetly, and i'm not really too sure where else, maybe brighton, nottingham, hertfordshirei still haven't completely decided i don't want to move too far away from london, what about you?
Reply 219
Original post by lagoom
oh, i thought you were a 2011 applicant! i'm thinking of applying to kings definetly, and i'm not really too sure where else, maybe brighton, nottingham, hertfordshirei still haven't completely decided i don't want to move too far away from london, what about you?

I did work experience at superdrug! :smile:
It was pretty boring tbh, I did retail stuff, so one day would be fine I recon, If you just talk about roles a pharmacist does in the interview then you'll be cool, cus at the end of the day its not essential and shows you've gone out your way.

Quick Reply

Latest