The Student Room Group

Warwick Medical School Applicants 2012

So who's applying to Warwick this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know how important the personal statement is for Warwick's selection procedure? I've heard very important and not important at all..
Reply 2
Im applying :smile: its my first choice. Not sure about personal statement, i guess I'll just try and do a good one so it doesnt matter either way!
Reply 3
I am too, it'll be my 2nd choice after Imperial. I'm struggling a bit to write a personal statement that applies to both of those schools equally though...
Reply 4
Hey,

I'm applying! sat my UKcat today, averaged 695, so hopefully this is high enough for warwick this year!!!! fingers crossed eh?
Reply 5
got an email saying on average it is unlikely they would interview someone with a ukcat lower than 2660, so do u think it would silly to apply if you get just under that?
Reply 6
I'm applying!

At the moment Warwick and Newcastle are neck and neck for me.
Reply 7
Original post by George89
got an email saying on average it is unlikely they would interview someone with a ukcat lower than 2660, so do u think it would silly to apply if you get just under that?

Cut-offs have been in the high 600s in recent years and I doubt it will go down this year.
Reply 8
I am applying to Warwick for BSc. Economics :smile:
Reply 9
Wish warwick did a standard 5 year course. I love the uni.
I'll probably be stalking this thread.
(edited 12 years ago)
Is there anypoint in me applying for both Warwick and York for single honours History?

GCSE: A*A*AAAABBBB
AS: AABB (History, Biology, Politics, Chemistry) - 91% Hist average
A2 pred: AAA (History, Biology, Politics)

Btw in NI were I study, Government and Politics is considered a difficult A-Level and not soft at all.
Original post by thetobbit
Is there anypoint in me applying for both Warwick and York for single honours History?

GCSE: A*A*AAAABBBB
AS: AABB (History, Biology, Politics, Chemistry) - 91% Hist average
A2 pred: AAA (History, Biology, Politics)

Btw in NI were I study, Government and Politics is considered a difficult A-Level and not soft at all.

Original post by Francium
I am applying to Warwick for BSc. Economics :smile:

You probably won't get any responses in here tbh. This is for those applying for graduate entry medicine at Warwick. The general warwick 2012 applicants thread should be in the warwick forum. If it doesn't exist then you can make one. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by dunnicare
You probably won't get any responses in here tbh. This is for those applying for graduate entry medicine at Warwick. The general warwick 2012 applicants thread should be in the warwick forum. If it doesn't exist then you can make one. :smile:

Opsss I'm really sorry! Good luck to all of you anyways :smile:
Reply 13
got a 2.1 in anatomy but would it be a waste of time to apply here with a ukcat of 662.5? :s-smilie:
Reply 14
My application to Warwick has been sent today.

Fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 15
Got an acknowledgement from Warwick.. I'm so anxious now its out of my hands. I'm not looking forward to rejections! :s-smilie:
Applying to Warwick, 2i in Biochemistry with Genetics UKCAT 712.5 Got everything crossed. Am old so I think that might go against me, and when I say old I mean old! Will have three daughters at uni at the same time as me!
Good luck with the applications guys! I'm pretty sure Warwick do haave quite strict UKFPO cut-offs if that helps, but by the same token they offer the majority of their interviewees so if you get to that stage you're doing well :smile:
Reply 18
I got my confirmation that Warwick have received my application today, though the email has confused me...

It states:

If the reference provided on your application form was not an academic reference from your current or most recent Higher Education Institution please arrange for a signed reference to be sent to the postal address below. Please note, if you graduated more than 5 years ago we will require a signed reference from your current or most recent employer instead of the academic reference.

I got my current employer to send a reference to UCAS, which was in turn sent with my application to Warwick.

The quote from the email above, however, is giving me the impression I need to send a signed reference separately.

I've emailed Warwick to get confirmation about this, so will update this thread with the reply. Not that it's particularly interesting, just thought it may be useful!
Reply 19
Original post by adsyrah
I got my confirmation that Warwick have received my application today, though the email has confused me...

It states:

I got my current employer to send a reference to UCAS, which was in turn sent with my application to Warwick.

The quote from the email above, however, is giving me the impression I need to send a signed reference separately.

I've emailed Warwick to get confirmation about this, so will update this thread with the reply. Not that it's particularly interesting, just thought it may be useful!

I got the same email, got my boss to write a reference for me. So I suppose it means I need to get my uni supervisor to write one too.

It's not that odd ifyou think about it, until a few years ago, medical schools would get 2 references on the UCAS form so I guess Warwick just like to have 2 references.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending