The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

its £6.15 to start with but goes up to 6.36 however it is going up to 6.50 so that is wat i will get.
6.50 is only after October.
Reply 1102
£6.19 an hour where I work
Reply 1103
Anybody got HR email address or phone number?
My store are messing me about and generally just being awful
I've passed my Asda Magic and was invited for an interview on Friday. It went OK though I did stutter with some of the answers.

Can anyone tell me from past experience when they'll get back to me?
Original post by saltneytoffee
I've passed my Asda Magic and was invited for an interview on Friday. It went OK though I did stutter with some of the answers.

Can anyone tell me from past experience when they'll get back to me?

On my first one, I got an email in two hours saying i passed, but they are waiting or the right role for me. Second interview in different store, I got phoned in the evening about 4 hours later on same say.
Reply 1106
got sent 20 miles away to train while new store opens struggling with fares u reckon they would help me out? as have another 3 weeks of this and skinto!!!
Hey, I work at Asda every Saturday for about 7 hours per week. I need a Saturday off in 3 weeks time but don't really know anyone I can swap a shift with since I'm fairly new. Does anyone know if they have a notice board or something where you can advertise for a swap or possibly just give you that day off? It's for personal reasons, I literally have booked travel already so can't cancel whatsoever.
Original post by Shychick292
Hey, I work at Asda every Saturday for about 7 hours per week. I need a Saturday off in 3 weeks time but don't really know anyone I can swap a shift with since I'm fairly new. Does anyone know if they have a notice board or something where you can advertise for a swap or possibly just give you that day off? It's for personal reasons, I literally have booked travel already so can't cancel whatsoever.

Surely for one day you could ask for a holiday?
Original post by Shychick292

If you're in your 12 week probation thing, you should have about 15 hours to use for holiday. Just put it in as a holiday if you can't get a swap. :smile: And if you need to advertise a swap, then put it in the rota book - that being said, I don't know if any other departments have them? (I work on Front End) Hopefully it gets sorted for you :smile:
Reply 1110
Sorry this question in this thread right or not but still ask if anybody can help me.
Hi, Anybody know asda online application submitted why I dont recevied yet confirmation email? I finished assessment everything same time,Any Idea,Please,And I applied 1st Time on 2nd oct 2011
Original post by katonia
got sent 20 miles away to train while new store opens struggling with fares u reckon they would help me out? as have another 3 weeks of this and skinto!!!

Normally you can get lifts they pay fuel for expenses for training, well in my store call them up and explain the situation to your line manger
Original post by mrhea04
Anybody got HR email address or phone number?
My store are messing me about and generally just being awful

you should put your grivences in writing to whoever is messing you round i.e Section Leader > Manager > Trading Manger > People Manger / Store Manger > Regional Management,

ask personnel for a copy of the discipline and grievances book, also if you still need address DM me I might be able to help
My application still says 'Under review' and it's been just over a month. Is this normal? Also if I’m unsuccessful how will they let me know? Thanks
Reply 1114
so got set to store 20 miles away for training 25-35 hour shifts per week, had my review dress code unsatisfactory as was wearing something different as uniform was still not ready. hygeine unsatisfactory as have engagement ring on stuck on finger for 12 years cant get it off, was told can get expenses back at recruitment centre on a friday went in to get them said sorry we have no money left but you can get them nxt friday at the store im at but i cnt have my top and pants refunded that i had to buy as uniform wasent ready, absolutely sick of it already
Hey. I successfully passed the group interview stage and had my 1to1 interview 3 weeks ago. The lady told me that if I was successful I'd hear by telephone and if unsuccessful I'd hear by letter. I haven't received either. Does anyone have any advice about what to do ?
Reply 1116
Original post by paddyraggy1993
Hey. I successfully passed the group interview stage and had my 1to1 interview 3 weeks ago. The lady told me that if I was successful I'd hear by telephone and if unsuccessful I'd hear by letter. I haven't received either. Does anyone have any advice about what to do ?

Is it for a new store? I thought I had been unsuccsessfull as heard nothing after 2 weeks, then 4 weeks after I had a phone call saying I was being offered a job and details would follow in a letter
Reply 1117
Any one on here work in cash office?
Reply 1118
Has anyone been to a magic event recently. I have read back to page 25 but was just wondering if they were still the same. Thanks
Original post by lmg123
Is it for a new store? I thought I had been unsuccsessfull as heard nothing after 2 weeks, then 4 weeks after I had a phone call saying I was being offered a job and details would follow in a letter

Nope, it's for an existing store. It's been just over 3 weeks now so I'd kinda resigned to myself that I hadn't gotten it but I haven't actually got the rejection letter and when I logged into the asda website it still says 'application in progress'. So blah, don't really now what to do. I have had multiple interviews for debehnams and mcdonalds so there is a possibility of them offering me something very soon so I would like to have all my cards on the table before I make a possible choice between them all. Do you think I should call up the store and ask ? I should have asked the woman how long it would take for them to get back to me at the 2nd interview >.<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending