Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
French and Italian
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
I'm applying for American Studies with Politics, and am also going to the open day this Sat! The course looks amazing, as does the year abroad scheme
Reply 22
Original post by Lydia_1
I'm applying for American Studies with Politics, and am also going to the open day this Sat! The course looks amazing, as does the year abroad scheme

i applied for American Studies a few weeks ago... waiting on a reply :smile:

anyone got any idea of how long Sussex take to send back replies? i got an email confirming that they have my application last week
Reply 23
I'm applying for economics
I've chosen Sussex for Law M100
Reply 25
Applying for Biology.
Philosophy & Spanish. I originally had my hopes set on it as my first choice; after attending the open day today I am not so sure.
Original post by driftingaway
im considering sussex as one my choices for the law llb course. Im on a gap year at the moment, im planning to bump my grades up to an AAC/A*AC, I am also picking up A2 general studies. Whats the likelihood i will receive an offer from sussex?

btw ... what does the law school at sussex look like? I've tried googling but i couldnt find anything related to the law school.

At the open day today, they stated that anything under AAB is highly unlikely to receive an offer.
So what did people think of the open day?

I'm pretty much settled on not applying (I decided not to go to the open day) but I'm curious to hear people's impressions.
Biology applicant :smile:

Went to the open day earlier today and really liked it.
Was a little dissappointed with east slope, although I've heard good things about it I came away thinking really it looked very cramped and not particularly pleasent.
Although the other accomodation was absolutely fine, probably even nicer then some that I've seen.
And very close to Brighton which is brilliant :biggrin:
Reply 30
went on a campus tour, not the full open day. looked ok, quite spacious and green, en suite acc was nice but quite dear and east slopes i wouldn't pay £10, it was the pits!! cafes looked nice and new, library nice and big
Original post by kitkatbitesize
Biology applicant :smile:

Went to the open day earlier today and really liked it.
Was a little dissappointed with east slope, although I've heard good things about it I came away thinking really it looked very cramped and not particularly pleasent.
Although the other accomodation was absolutely fine, probably even nicer then some that I've seen.
And very close to Brighton which is brilliant :biggrin:

What did you expect? East Slope is awful. Everyone knows that. But there are lots of parties there.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
What did you expect? East Slope is awful. Everyone knows that. But there are lots of parties there.

Well I wasnt expecting anything amazing, but i didnt expect them to be quite that bad! Although everyone I spoke to who lived in east slope said they liked it fine :dontknow:
Original post by lorrabell
went on a campus tour, not the full open day. looked ok, quite spacious and green, en suite acc was nice but quite dear and east slopes i wouldn't pay £10, it was the pits!! cafes looked nice and new, library nice and big

I've booked a campus tour because I can't make the open day. What happens? Do you have to make your own way round and do you get to look inside the accommodation?
Original post by kitkatbitesize
Well I wasnt expecting anything amazing, but i didnt expect them to be quite that bad! Although everyone I spoke to who lived in east slope said they liked it fine :dontknow:

It's commonly thought that people shouldn't legally be allowed to live in East Slope. Some people love it. A girl in my flat moved from East Slope because she couldn't handle that it was never clean.
Original post by electric-wars
At the open day today, they stated that anything under AAB is highly unlikely to receive an offer.

aah ok. I have an AABB prediction. Why do they state 'AAA-AAB' entry req on their website? Do they actually give out offers for AAA? :eek:
Original post by driftingaway
aah ok. I have an AABB prediction. Why do they state 'AAA-AAB' entry req on their website? Do they actually give out offers for AAA? :eek:

I haven't seen an AAA requirement for any course, but there is a possibility that they would give somebody an AAA offer in certain circumstances. If I were you I wouldn't worry though, you're highly likely to just be offered the standard AAB.
Original post by electric-wars
I haven't seen an AAA requirement for any course, but there is a possibility that they would give somebody an AAA offer in certain circumstances. If I were you I wouldn't worry though, you're highly likely to just be offered the standard AAB.

yeah, on their website and on ucas, their entry requirements for law are 'AAA-AAB', hence i was a little worried. I really want to firm sussex. I just hope i get an offer! :colondollar:
Reply 38
I'm applying for Physics, predicted AAB but quite hoping for a BBB offer hehe
Reply 39
on a campus tour you're taken around by a few people, we had 1 student and someone from admissions, i think, they showed us the more important bits and 2 accommodations, the newest ones and east slopes, personally i wouldn't put a pig in east slopes

Quick Reply

Latest