The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Thought I'd make a new thread for this, seeing as there isn't already one :h:

For everyone applying for 2012 entry or deterring to a 2013 entry.

Name your course, required grades, predicted grades, desire accommodation and chatter away! :smile:

For me its Graphic and Communication Design. I need BBB and I'm predicted AAB. Clarence Dock looks nice.

Scroll to see replies

I want to apply for Politics, required and predicted AAB but my GCSEs stink for such a university. Any help or stories to share?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm applying for English Language which has an AAB requirement. I'm predicted A*AAAB and my AS Level results were AAABC.

I liked the look of Charles Morris and Henry Price but I don't have anything set in stone yet! I'm also looking into studying abroad in the United States and extending my degree by a year.

Hope to get to know a few of you in the future!
Reply 3
Applying for Politics at Leeds, need AAB, predicted A*AB, but hopefully I'll be doing access so that will be lowered.
Undecided on accom. so far!
Reply 4
Applying for Medicine at Leeds. Need AAA which is what I got. Hopefully I'm lucky.

Got the opportunity to visit the campus and just the city a few weeks ago. It just looks amazing. It's got such a good feel about it. It's like, I think studying there would be awesome. And went to James Baillie Park too. Looks like a nice place to live. Very picturesque.
Reply 5
I went to the open day on Saturday and fell in love. I've applied for Adult Nursing and would probably give my left foot if they offered me a place.
Reply 6
Well, good luck to all of us then! I'm going to be praying REAL hard.
Reply 7
Hi, I will be applying for English Language and Literature (entry requirements AAB) not sure about my predicted grades yet but I am sure they will be at least AAB.

I am undecided about accommodation but on campus and catered are my preference at the moment.

I loved Leeds from the moment I stepped off the train, I was struck by the city - it seems the sort of place where there is always something going on! The information lecture from the English department confirmed my gut feeling :biggrin: Really, really hoping Leeds are kind with offers this year :wink:
Reply 8
Hey there,
So I'm an American applying to the History program.
I have a 2100 out of 2400 on the SAT and have taken 2 SAT subject tests (biology 720 out of 800 and US history 750 out of 800)
I've also taken 2 APs (environmental Science 5 out of 5 and US history 5 out of 5)
I have a 3.9 GPA out of 4.0 and am in advanced/honors classes.
I'm also taking 3 more APs this year (European History, US Government and Psychology and I'm predicited to get 5s on all of them)

I hope I have a chance.
For Accomodation I really like
Devonshire, Ellerslie, and Lyddon.

Hopefully I'll see all of you there next fall!
Reply 9
Course: French & Arabic RR16
Required grades: ABB
Predicted grades: A*AA

Failed to find anyone at all doing my course so far - ANYBODY out there? :smile:
Course: English Lit and Lang (Q300)
Required grades:AAB
Predicted Grades: A*AA

This will be my insurance (hopefully), haven't looked at Accomodation much. (make that at all)
Course: English Language and Literature
Required Grades: AAB

Leeds is my insurance choice, but I absolutely loved the look of the English department and the feel of the university as a whole :biggrin: I'm just hoping they make me an offer!
Original post by hannahwhelan
Course: English Language and Literature
Required Grades: AAB

Leeds is my insurance choice, but I absolutely loved the look of the English department and the feel of the university as a whole :biggrin: I'm just hoping they make me an offer!

Haha! Our posts are so similar!
Good to possibly meet you!
:smile:
I've applied for two courses

Medicine, I need AAA
Biology, I need either AAB or ABB, not sure what the offer will be

I went on Saturday, and it was amazing! I loved the atmosphere and feel of the place, as well as the courses :smile: I will be gutted if I don't get in. Most of the accomodation seems good, so I can't decide what I prefer
I'm applying for Information Technology :biggrin:

I need AAB and I am predicted AAB

I love the look of Clarence Dock
Love Leeds so so much :biggrin: <3
Reply 15
I got an offer for joint honours chemistry with maths!! :biggrin: But i still have to go up to leeds for the chemistry open day thing...even though I've already seen the chem department...oh well :biggrin:
Leeds would make my perfect insurance choice aaahhh exciting stuff
Reply 16
Course: Maths
Required grades: AAB/AA
Predicted grades: AAB

hopefully firm/insurance :smile:
Course: Meteorology & Climate
Required Grades: ABB
Predicted Grades: AAB

I went to the open day but didn't have a chance to look at the accomodation, what do others think about it?

I'm also hoping Leeds will be my Firm :biggrin:
Reply 18
If anyone has any questions about Music, especially the BMus or Devonshire halls, feel free to pm me :smile:
Reply 19
I'm applying for History with a year's study abroad
Required grade - AAA
Predicted grades - AAA
AS Levels - AABC (at the moment, retaking the B and the C was for german so i just don't have the energy to redo that)
Not sure about what acom yet, haven't visited it because I didn't have time so I'll have a visit if I get an offer!

Quick Reply

Latest