The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by battlette
many thanks. Do you happen to know what the averages were last year?

4.8, 4.9, 3b
Reply 101
Thank you very much purplefrog and Alex J. Will focus on BMAT and do my best and wait for UCL to do the rest!
Reply 102
Original post by battlette
Many thanks. Do you happen to know what the averages were last year?

no sorry, i tried looking for them on their website but i couldnt find them :/

edit: just saw purplefrogs post: 4.8, 4.9, 3b

i have to say thats lower than i expected.. but best not to be complacent, and to prepare for the worst. :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
*subscribing* :ninja:
I'm a hopeful applicant! :biggrin:

My reference is nearing completion and then the application will be sent off any time now! A bit nervous...
Original post by MuffinMonster
I'm a hopeful applicant! :biggrin:

My reference is nearing completion and then the application will be sent off any time now! A bit nervous...

Me too man, good luck! What other Unis have you applied to?
Original post by Leavesnotracks

Me too man, good luck! What other Unis have you applied to?

Thanks! Barts, Nottingham and Manchester. You?
Thanks! Barts, Nottingham and Manchester. You?

Imperial, Kings and Birmingham. I know, I like London. :smile:
Reply 108

I was going to apply to the same places! But I changed Birmingham last minute. Just thought I'd throw that in :grin:
Reply 109
would someone with 3A* predictions be favoured over someone with a A*AA prediction?

London is sick, I'm from London :wink: I was gonna do Birmingham too, but with 8.5A* it's a bit risky.
Original post by effy94
would someone with 3A* predictions be favoured over someone with a A*AA prediction?

Incredibly unlikely. So long as you're predicted AAA, with As in Bio and Chem, it's all good.
Original post by purplefrog

Incredibly unlikely. So long as you're predicted AAA, with As in Bio and Chem, it's all good.

I just saw your medical application post thing, did Birmingham say why they rejected you? :smile:
I just saw your medical application post thing, did Birmingham say why they rejected you? :smile:

Nope, though I didn't bother asking. UCL was my first offer (and also first choice) so once I had that, I couldn't really care as they're all AAA offers so nothing would change which uni was my firm. I can only assume I was on the lower end of the A* count, as the year before me (2 years ago for you) the cut-off was 7A*, this year it seemed to be 9. Though saying that, a reasonable amount of 8s and a VERY VERY VERY few number of 7A* holders got called up for interview. *shrugs*

Nope, though I didn't bother asking. UCL was my first offer (and also first choice) so once I had that, I couldn't really care as they're all AAA offers so nothing would change which uni was my firm. I can only assume I was on the lower end of the A* count, as the year before me (2 years ago for you) the cut-off was 7A*, this year it seemed to be 9. Though saying that, a reasonable amount of 8s and a VERY VERY VERY few number of 7A* holders got called up for interview. *shrugs*

Ah alright. Yeah I didn't apply to Birmingham for that reason, lucky I did alright on my UKCAT though! *hopes I do well in BMAT*
Original post by oHellno
I was going to apply to the same places! But I changed Birmingham last minute. Just thought I'd throw that in :grin:

Haha, how's BMAT preparation going?
And what'd you change Birmingham to?
London is sick, I'm from London :wink: I was gonna do Birmingham too, but with 8.5A* it's a bit risky.

I went to the open day this year, and apparently they've changed it to 7 A*s. It's still a bit risky for me, but it's the closest to home, and they give 90% of interviewees offers.
If I get an offer from one of the other three though, definitely go for those. I felt really in place in London, loved the vibrancy!
:biggrin:
I went to the open day this year, and apparently they've changed it to 7 A*s. It's still a bit risky for me, but it's the closest to home, and they give 90% of interviewees offers.
If I get an offer from one of the other three though, definitely go for those. I felt really in place in London, loved the vibrancy!

On their website 3 years ago it said 7A*s, its not a new thing.

Yeah they say that every year, and the success rate is like 33% now :frown: If I have to choose between Birmingham and UCL I'd go UCL any day though!
On their website 3 years ago it said 7A*s, its not a new thing.

Yeah, but now they're taking other academic factors into effect, such as A2 predictions, and AS level results. They said that this would compensate for lower grades, so fingers crossed. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending