The Student Room Group

Fancy Dress - Questions, advice, cheap solutions, themes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metric
with peter pan do you reckon if i could a really cheap white shirt from primark and got some green dye that would work, any ideas where i could get dye from?

and then wore darker green tights, brown boots and a brown belt!!! i like it :biggrin:

Or just a really cheap green shirt from primark...green and white are same price! Also go to mens section to get a bigger, baggier, longer shirt which you can then cinch in with belt
Reply 101
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Or just a really cheap green shirt from primark...green and white are same price! Also go to mens section to get a bigger, baggier, longer shirt which you can then cinch in with belt

oh of course that would make much more logical sense!!

will go to primark tomorrow to invest, thanks so much you're a life saver!
Original post by metric
oh of course that would make much more logical sense!!

will go to primark tomorrow to invest, thanks so much you're a life saver!

No problem, I love fancy dress! I'm making a trip to primark tomorrow to buy large yellow shirt to sew into my costume for halloween (Pikachu)
Reply 103
Original post by greeneyedgirl
No problem, I love fancy dress! I'm making a trip to primark tomorrow to buy large yellow shirt to sew into my costume for halloween (Pikachu)

wow that sounds amazing you should post a pic when it's done!

i'm not a fan of fancy dress :frown: my friends used to always have fancy dress parties when i was much younger and i always put in minimal effort as i'm just rubbish at ideas for them! thought i had escaped them but seem as though hopefully i'll be going to university next year i better get into the swing of them again...

so no doubt this time next year i'll be back in this thread lots!
Original post by metric
wow that sounds amazing you should post a pic when it's done!

i'm not a fan of fancy dress :frown: my friends used to always have fancy dress parties when i was much younger and i always put in minimal effort as i'm just rubbish at ideas for them! thought i had escaped them but seem as though hopefully i'll be going to university next year i better get into the swing of them again...

so no doubt this time next year i'll be back in this thread lots!

Ha ha I will take a pic, I've got tail made already :yep:

Uni does indeed involve a lot of fancy dress!
So im going out tonight and i have to dress up as a sheep. How would i go about making a sheep costume?
I will wear a plain white t shirt and i plan on buying loads of cotton wool.
How can i make a sheep costume or at least something that resembles a sheep?
Any help will be appreciated?
I did laugh at how this was in everyday issues :laugh:

I would personally get a white t-shirt, some glue (proper stuff) and stick cotton buds all over the tshirt. Very time consuming. Then a pair of either black or white tights or leggings and black or white shoes.
I'd but some fake fur our textured/bobbly white material from the local crafts shop and stick it on the tshirt.
Original post by SpiritedAway
I did laugh at how this was in everyday issues :laugh:

I would personally get a white t-shirt, some glue (proper stuff) and stick cotton buds all over the tshirt. Very time consuming. Then a pair of either black or white tights or leggings and black or white shoes.

This is serious business woman.

I have black jeans and black shoes with white shoes. I was thinking either a normal t shirt or a long sleeve one with loads of cotton wool stuck on it.
Do you think that would be ok and what kind of glue should i use?
I'd say black bottoms, a black long-sleeve top underneath a white t-shirt, which you could cover in cotton wool or something like that. And black shoes I'd say..
Original post by Silver Arrow
This is serious business woman.

I have black jeans and black shoes with white shoes. I was thinking either a normal t shirt or a long sleeve one with loads of cotton wool stuck on it.
Do you think that would be ok and what kind of glue should i use?

any glue would work.. chances are if you're going out people will pull the cotton buds off regardless
How about going as a sheep that's been sheared (A shaun sheep?)?

That way you don't have to have any cotton wool on :ahee:
Like others have said - get a white T shirt and cotton-wool the crap out of it with a strong PVA craft glue (you can buy it anywhere - WHSmiths, Tescos, Sainsbury's etc in the kids/crafts section)

Also don't forget to put a bell around your neck like this!
Reply 113
Black leggings, black long sleeved polo/Tshirt, black shoes
White tshirt or white pillowcase with holes cut for head & arms. Glue on cotton wool or synthetic filling from an old pillow (might be cheaper than lots of cotton wool). Go lightly with the glue if pva: it needs to dry by tonight.
Add a white headscarf or sweat band with semicircular white or black ears stuck on. Maybe black face paint.
unnamed.jpg
Get some of that Halloween Cobweb stuff (WITHOUT SPIDERS IN) and some cotton wool, cheap white T-shirt.
Put thick card in between T-shirt (stop it sticking together),cover in glue & then cover in cobwebs and cotton wool, wear with black hat,leggings/tights/legwarmers & gloves (preferebly long)
Or go naked with black gloves, black hat& black legwarmers-say you're a sheared sheep:borat: :hubba:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rubixcyoob
So I have pub golf on saturday for the first time and I have no idea what a girl is supposed to wear!

Any help or suggestions would be lovely :smile:

Knee length socks (preferably argyle print)
Tweed look shorts/mini skirt
V neck jumper/polo shirt
Cap/visor
I'm going as Harley Quinn for Halloween, my boyfriend will be the Joker... gonna get a cheap lab coat to splatter with fake blood, and think I'll wear red and black tights, a black tutu, red corset, do my hair in bunches and do the face paint. Quite fancy one of those guns that have a little banner saying BANG too.
Reply 118
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
I'm going as Harley Quinn for Halloween, my boyfriend will be the Joker... gonna get a cheap lab coat to splatter with fake blood, and think I'll wear red and black tights, a black tutu, red corset, do my hair in bunches and do the face paint. Quite fancy one of those guns that have a little banner saying BANG too.

lol sounds awesome!
I don't know yet but I have two parties to go to.
Hoping this thread will give me some ideas :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest