The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So you drank out of a glass that still had some fairy liquid bubbles in? You'll be fine.

Fairy Liquid isn't some well-known corrosive and toxic substance :wink:
Reply 2
In small quantities you'll probably be fine.
Apparently if you try to drink a shot of it you'll probably throw up before you finish...
Original post by Anonymous
Should I go to the hospital?

no. highly unlikely you drank enough to be dangerous. if you vomit or have cramps, consider ringing NHS direct.
What does it say on the bottle? Might be worth giving NHS Direct a ring
Reply 5
I've done exactly the same before and I was fine, you will be too. It's harmless :smile:
Reply 6
Other than horrible tasting burps, you'll be fine. They're not going to put anything particularly toxic in something intended to be used to wash things people will then proceed to eat off / drink out of.
Reply 7
I lived for two years with a flatmate who was convinced you could die from doing exactly this, even after I explained that it couldn't happen. She wasn't the brightest tool in the shed.
Reply 8
Well, I just found out my mom tried to wash my protein shaker top. I didn't see the top had fairy on it as it wasn't on top of the blender. Put about 250ml of water in it, added about 60g of whey powder into it then put the lid on it. When I mixed it up the fairy must have mixed with the water, only until I'm half way through the drink do I realise a funny taste and see fairy liquid bubbles dripping down the side of the shaker. I've tried to throw up but I can't do it. I've added a pic if anyone doesn't get what I'm trying to say.

Reply 9
Well, I just found out my mom tried to wash my protein shaker top. I didn't see the top had fairy on it as it wasn't on top of the blender. Put about 250ml of water in it, added about 60g of whey powder into it then put the lid on it. When I mixed it up the fairy must have mixed with the water, only until I'm half way through the drink do I realise a funny taste and see fairy liquid bubbles dripping down the side of the shaker. I've tried to throw up but I can't do it. I've added a pic if anyone doesn't get what I'm trying to say.

things are supposed to get washed...
there is no problem here at all except the funny taste next time use a tea towel to dry your things properly before putting stuff in them if your to impatient to let them dry themselves.
Oh bless.

My friend did the exact same thing a few weeks ago, he's fine...
There was washing up liquid in a glass, filled right up, and it was next to his glass of squash, he accidently drunk some of the washing up liquid.
He didn't need to do anything... just didn't like the taste!

OP...I'm really trying to take you seriously, but you are HUGELY overreacting. You are not going to get ill from drinking a bit of fairy liquid, and you don't need to make yourself sick. Your mouth will taste a bit funny for a while, and that is IT!

Really, there is nothing, and will not be anything, wrong with you because of this. If you are REALLY worried, call NHS Direct, who I'm sure will tell you the same thing (0845 4647 or go to www.nhsdirect.nsh.uk). DO NOT go to casualty, you'll just be there for hours and feel like a muppet...
ring nhs direct and double check with them? but you will be fine just don't expect to be very popular this evening with the farts
Reply 13
I've done that before when I haven't rinsed the glass out properly, it just tastes a bit rank, and certainly wouldn't be good for you in large doses but if it is diluted and there's a small amount from a poorly washed glass, you'd probably be fine. However if you want to be on the safe side, you can seek some advice from NHS Direct or similar. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Am I the only one who doesn't think this post is serious...?!
If it had been bad you'd thrown up by now.
Just drink lots of water :smile:
Reply 16
Nah, I've done that before.

You'll either just throw up or be fine.
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky
And like my dreams they fade and die

Fortune's always hiding
I've looked everywhere
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air
United! (clap hands) united! (clap hands)
On the plus side, if you die, you might be eligible for a Darwin award! :smile:
Reply 19
:bubbles: