The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Jeeves_90
Hey Ive applied too Nottingham, Loughborough, Reading and southampton..Got offers from Notts and bham so far just waiting on the rest...what about you :smile:

Conrats on gettin the offers mate:smile:

Did you apply for N400 at bham?
Original post by mali167
Conrats on gettin the offers mate:smile:

Did you apply for N400 at bham?

Hey yeh I did N400 Accounting and finance Bham uni...yu thinking of applying thier??
Original post by Alpha5
As Nottingham University's Accounting and Finance course is a BA, does this mean employers will look down on this.

No not at all....Nottinghams Business school is well respected and a high no of FAM graduates go into well payed career...

With regards to BA + BSc lets not get into that...all you need to know is with any accounting degree BA and BSc arn't a determining factor as to whether or not an employer will give you a role over sme1 who did a BSc if you did a BA...

BSc accounting degree's just have more mathematical content
Reply 143
Hey yeh I did N400 Accounting and finance Bham uni...yu thinking of applying thier??

applying for 2 courses at newcastle. flying start n n400

lancaster nn43, nottingham nn34 and LSE nn34

I just wanna get into the flying start at newcastle.
Reply 144
Have all you LSE/Warwick applicants sent your applications off yet?
I'm on like my 3rd draft and doing a new intro.

Should have it done my half term and sent whenever my college finish my ref off.
Original post by uxa595
Have all you LSE/Warwick applicants sent your applications off yet?
I'm on like my 3rd draft and doing a new intro.

Should have it done my half term and sent whenever my college finish my ref off.

Haha funny that, I'm also doing a new intro and a couple of drafts in.
Haven't sent mine yet tho, aiming for very early November. It shouldn't really matter too much for LSE Warwick as they take their time looking through loads of applicants before sending out offers. If you send it before January it should be fine.
Reply 146
Original post by Confused101
Haha funny that, I'm also doing a new intro and a couple of drafts in.
Haven't sent mine yet tho, aiming for very early November. It shouldn't really matter too much for LSE Warwick as they take their time looking through loads of applicants before sending out offers. If you send it before January it should be fine.

The warwick econ department is sort of doing a first come first serve this yr so i'm trying to get my app in just in case WBS do the same.
Also, getting it over and done with means a major stress out the way and then i can focus on my Jan exams :wink:
What do you guys this of the CASS business school?
I think CASS business has quite a good reputation, but it's part of the City University London, which is quite low on the university league table.
Will the reputation of City repel employers away? and the fact that it is not very high up in the league tables?
Reply 148
i was wondering.. Is it possible to apply to accounting and finance at LSE despite having AAB for predicted grade instead of AAA?
Reply 149
Lol cass needing a*aa is saying something over the likes of lse the course is very good and business school best in uk don't worry
Reply 150
Username: ToH12
GCSEs: A*A*AAABBBB
Predicted AS grades (and subjects): A - Accounting, A - Techology, B - ICT, C - Math
Subjects for A2: Accounting (A), Math(B), Technology(A*)
Universities likely to apply to: Durham, Reading, Lancaster, Bath, ?
Extras: Repeatin ICT nd Math. Still dont kno about 5th choice :/

Does anyone have any opions of the locations listed above like what the actual towns/citys are like. Im from NI so i dont have much clue about what its like to live in the places
Reply 151
Hey Ive applied too Nottingham, Loughborough, Reading and southampton..Got offers from Notts and bham so far just waiting on the rest...what about you :smile:

Wow, two offers very quickly! Well done! Mind me asking what your academic profile is like?
Original post by joshgoldman
Wow, two offers very quickly! Well done! Mind me asking what your academic profile is like?

A levels- A biology, A sociology, B chemistry D physics
GCSE: AAAA BBB CCC

What about yourself?
Hey Kinda worried... wanna go into risk management or management consultancy...does anybody know the best route to get into these professions from this degree
Reply 154
A levels- A biology, A sociology, B chemistry D physics
GCSE: AAAA BBB CCC

What about yourself?

Mine are in my Sig. I'm not wholly a A&F applicant - only for Warwick. Are those AS Levels or have you already achieved A2's.
Well done again on the offers!
Mine are in my Sig. I'm not wholly a A&F applicant - only for Warwick. Are those AS Levels or have you already achieved A2's.
Well done again on the offers!

hey yeh Ive already achieved my A levels...in your sig?...ah k what else are you applying for...economics, banking and finance etc?
Reply 156
hey yeh Ive already achieved my A levels...in your sig?...ah k what else are you applying for...economics, banking and finance etc?

Thats in my sig too :P
I'm applying for -

Warwick: MMORSE
LSE: Statistics with Finance
UCL: Statistics, Economics and Finance
Warwick: Accounting and Finance
Nottingham: Financial Mathematics
I'm applying for -

Ah k would it be right in me saying that it seems you want to get into Actuary or financial analyst roles...if so your degree's are really good choices
Reply 158
Ah k would it be right in me saying that it seems you want to get into Actuary or financial analyst roles...if so your degree's are really good choices

Yeah, financial analyst/quant sounds like its for me! Where else are you applying?
I'm applying for -

Wow strong options! I can't view sigs for some reason? What are your academics like?

Also how are you writing a personal statement to cater to 5 different degrees? =S

Quick Reply

Latest